ECT Who is saved?

oatmeal

Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Who is saved?

What are the conditions that must be met to receive the gift of salvation?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Who is saved?

John 3:16 KJV -

Judson50

Anyone who confesses with their mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in their heart God raised him from the dead.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

Who is saved?

The first step is knowing who it is that you are confessing as The LORD.

The LORD our God is ONE LORD.

oatmeal

The first step is knowing who it is that you are confessing as The LORD.

The LORD our God is ONE LORD.

If you read the verses and believe what is written, the answer is obvious.

Who is this lord we are to confess with our mouth? the Lord Jesus

It doesn't get any simpler, not even a fool need err

glorydaz

That is exactly it. No more, no less

You can't get away that easily.

Lord of the Sabbath? Mark 2:28

Lord of Glory? 1 Corinthians 2:8

Lord of Lords? Psalm 136:2-3

1 Timothy 6:14-16
That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.​

oatmeal

That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.​

Well I quoted Romans 10:9-10

If you don't like what God authored, go tell God you are right and that God is wrong.

Do you think you will get God to change his mind?

Good luck!

glorydaz

Romans 10:9-10 says confess with your mouth

a. the lord Jesus.

b.

What does Romans 10:9 require us to confess in order to be saved?

The Lord.

By ignoring the verses I give you, and by turning the capital L into a small case l, you prove your deceitful ways. When He appears the next time, your knees will tremble and your tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. And, you'll see clearly what that means.

14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.​

I can't understand how you can be so blind to what is so clearly written. :idunno:

Deuteronomy 10:17
17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:​

oatmeal

The Lord.

By ignoring the verses I give you, and by turning the capital L into a small case l, you prove your deceitful ways. When He appears the next time, your knees will tremble and your tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. And, you'll see clearly what that means.

14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.​

I can't understand how you can be so blind to what is so clearly written. :idunno:

Deuteronomy 10:17
17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:​

I see you have to tamper with what I quoted from you since it opposes what the word of God says.

That is too bad.

Evidently you have not read let alone understood Acts 2:34

who are the two lords or Lords if you prefer spoke of in Acts 2:34?

did you not learn that the Greek uncial texts were in all capitals?

Since they were in all caps, then to vary from that is private interpretation.

Why not leave it in all caps?

Why mess with the Greek texts?

glorydaz

I see you have to tamper with what I quoted from you since it opposes what the word of God says.

That is too bad.

Evidently you have not read let alone understood Acts 2:34

who are the two lords or Lords if you prefer spoke of in Acts 2:34?

did you not learn that the Greek uncial texts were in all capitals?

Since they were in all caps, then to vary from that is private interpretation.

Why not leave it in all caps?

Why mess with the Greek texts?

Why ignore the Truth by playing semantic games?

Judson50

Who is saved?

If you made a true confession with your mouth and true beliefs in your heart that God raised him from the dead - this will, beyond a shadow of a doubt - result in good works, obedience.

glorydaz

If you made a true confession with your mouth and true beliefs in your heart that God raised him from the dead - this will, beyond a shadow of a doubt - result in good works, obedience.

And your point would be....?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
non free will conditions. conditions revealed by God means He thought of it first, not second like men wants

DAN P

Romans 10:9-10 says confess with your mouth

a. the lord Jesus.

b.

What does Romans 10:9 require us to confess in order to be saved?

Hi and here is what I believe !!

#1 , Before anyone can believe and be saved , Christ , He has to OPEN THE HEART as in Acts 16:14 !!

#2 , No one calls Jesus LORD EXCEPT by the HOLY SPIRIT , 1 Cor 12:3 !!

#3 Then Christ gives the FAITH TO BELIEVE !!

#4 When all acknowledge that He is LORD you have the Holy Spirit !!

#5 Then all are then BAPTIZO / PLACED into the Body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13 !!

dan p