ECT Who is saved?

oatmeal

That was a huge amount of posting to discuss Romans 10:9-10 and how many other subjects?

I should start more threads on ECT, the word of God believed makes for lively lives

God's Truth

To GT with love:

December 1st

The law and the gospel

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."/I] James 2:10.

The moral law does not consider us as weak human beings at all, it takes no account of our heredity and infirmities, it demands that we be absolutely moral. The moral law never alters, either for the noblest or for the weakest, it is eternally and abidingly the same. The moral law ordained by God does not make itself weak to the weak, it does not palliate our shortcomings, it remains absolute for all time and eternity. If we do not realize this, it is because we are less than alive; immediately we are alive, life becomes a tragedy. “I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.” When we realize this, then the Spirit of God convicts us of sin. Until a man gets there and sees that there is no hope, the Cross of Jesus Christ is a farce to him. Conviction of sin always brings a fearful binding sense of the law, it makes a man hopeless—“sold under sin.” I, a guilty sinner, can never get right with God, it is impossible. There is only one way in which I can get right with God, and that is by the death of Jesus Christ. I must get rid of the lurking idea that I can ever be right with God because of my obedience—which of us could ever obey God to absolute perfection!

We only realize the power of the moral law when it comes with an ‘if.’ God never coerces us. In one mood we wish He would make us do the thing, and in another mood we wish He would leave us alone. Whenever God’s will is in the ascendant, all compulsion is gone. When we choose deliberately to obey Him, then, with all His almighty power, He will tax the remotest star and the last grain of sand to assist us.

Oswald Chambers

To CR with love in truth;

Oswald and you do not understand what James was saying.

Let me tell you something most excellent...

James was not speaking of the moral law, as Oswald and you say;

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW.

Please listen carefully.

James does not say 'the moral law', as you claim.

James says the "Royal Law".

This Royal Law that James is speaking of , it DOES NOT put aside mercy to the offender; but, it is imperative to understand what James is saying, instead of speaking falsely about what he is not saying.

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Love is 'not harming your neighbor' that is how we love our neighbors; we do no harm to them. See Romans 13:10.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder---do not murder/love your neighbor.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment, and you show you love your neighbor.

If you do not harm your neighbor by bearing false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command of the law and you still are loving your neighbor.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now? You obeyed all those commands and were doing right by loving your neighbor, you loved your neighbor by not harming him by murdering him; you loved your neighbor by not committing adultery with his wife; you loved your neighbor by not bearing false witness against him, ...BUT THEN, you missed up on one. You did not kill your neighbor, commit adultery with his wife, you did not bear false witness against him...but you stole something from him...YOU HAVE NOW broke one law and stole...AND NOW you are guilty of breaking the whole law of love your neighbor because you hurt him by stealing from him.

If you can study carefully what I said, with the measure you use will be measured back to you.

God's Truth

I do that and everytime, your thinking comes up "short" of God's word. Chambers' doesn't.

You fail and show that you have not studied carefully what I said. There is no way you could have in ten minutes or less.

Oswald and you both make a mistake. You are privileged to have heard the truth and you reject it.