Which TOL forum member has influenced you the most?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Mostly Sozo. Then Bob Enyart. And I have to mention Jefferson for getting me to join TOL, Turbo for talking me into watching Terri's Call, and Knight for creating TOL in the first place.

Tetelestai.

The whole time I've been here he has encouraged me to read the teachings of John Nelson Darby.
:crackup:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have changed my mind on a couple of things and been influenced by a few who have reasoned from the scriptures. Clete, Sozo, StP, and John W come to mine.

rainee

Why bring up Baptism here?
Is it to prove those who do not understand a symbol never will?

Is it to prove God is not for them being wise for God loves the foolish?

Surely all believers have read this and and know it. No need for line ups to prove it.

rainee

You know what? Y'all are making me feel like Letsargue - well I mean my version of it!(!!!)

You are a bunch of BABIES

BABIES

john w

Hall of Fame
"god"rulz-shocking..

"Cuz" he serves as an example, and reminds me, of what happens to a man/woman, who isolates himself/herself, from intelligent members of the body of Christ, and rebels against the LORD God's chosen spokesman in this dispensation, our apostle Paul, "the apostle of the Gentile," and refuses to rightly divide the word of truth, but, instead, reverses his/her course, "going back to Pentecost," a (temporary) set aside program, and thus can justify speaking in tongues/gibberish, barking like a dog, falling backwards, like town drunk Otis Campbell, from "The Andy Griffith Show,"......but, of course, has not yet perfected the ability to raise the dead,or cure blindness, or cancer, or grow limbs.................-he/she logs in, and loses their respective mind, goes insane, attempting to rearrange the rubber mats, on the walls, at the looney bin, all the while, why wearing a straight jacket.

I know, I know...Exegesis...Eisegesis...Hermeneutics.....Check a commentary.... Demarcation...MAD does not survive scrutiny....

Cricket...

I thus nominate this post, for POTF("Post of The Fall"). You are all welcome.

WizardofOz

Who has opened my eyes:
Rusha and Fool for being adamant pro-life agnostic/atheists

Who has influenced my scholarship:
Ask Mr. Religion

I don't think there is a soul here more intelligent or well-versed. Even though I have much less time to be scholarly, he certainly sets a high standard.

Who has influenced my ability to bite my tongue and be civil:
Freelight

Who has influenced my willingness to ignore foolishness and utilize the ignore function:
aCultureWarrior

whitestone

Which TOL forum member has influenced you the most? Who has actually forced you to modify your worldview or change your beliefs?

lol,,it's a curious thing to watch you begin a thread,,sign in and monitor it,,then after around 50 post never post on your own thread,,who will they determine to be their mentor,,is it Apollos,or Paul,,maybe Cepheus,,maybe it's Jesus who knows?,,,,"I am of,,,,,,"

glorydaz

The "others as well...Three of my(your) favorites..... are:" sonny John W, Saint John W, and the most humblest man on TOL!

Yes, and a rose by any other name..... ;)

It's hard to be humble, but John W has perfected it. :first:

glorydaz

Delmar. Every time I am tempted to blow my stack (and I admit I do so), he's Cool Hand Luke.

Yep, he never ceases to amaze me.

Well, sometimes I want to shake him..."Arrest him, Mr. Dillon, he insulted Miss Kitty", but I try and refrain. :chuckle:

fzappa13

Which TOL forum member has influenced you the most? Who has actually forced you to modify your worldview or change your beliefs?

The ones I disagree with ... they make me go to the Bible to try and and search out and understand what it was I saw that made me disagree with them in the first place. Metal sharpens metal.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's impossible, though AMR has been fundamentally the most helpful at directing my studies into productive courses and settling me into a more thoughtful position within the Body, where I tended to be a little more slap dash early on. Too many irons, etc. Psalmist's approach and calm has definitely impacted me. And friends like AB and anna and zoo and bybee and Rusha, etc. differing as we do in important ways but maintaining respect and affection in the face of being certain the other is not infrequently up to their eyebrows in bat guano has been positively influential.