Which TOL forum member has influenced you the most?

whitestone

oh no!,I still have a desktop!,,lol,,I think you all have inspired me in one way or another,I read what you all are discussing and research it and form opinions everyday,,,I know we all at times disagree,,but at times it also can make one sit back and think. we should at least recognize this of all of us,,,,,

john w

Hall of Fame
When I first started on this forum I didn't really understand the import of Paul's message.
Chickenman and SaultoPaul had a great influence on my thinking. I believe I have grown in depth of understanding because of them
AND
Believe it or not, John W., Sozo and AMR have also informed my thinking.

I always dig a wise "chick," such as Bee of By.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I first started on this forum I didn't really understand the import of Paul's message.
Chickenman and SaultoPaul had a great influence on my thinking. I believe I have grown in depth of understanding because of them
AND
Believe it or not, John W., Sozo and AMR have also informed my thinking.

None of that is a surprise to me.

john w

Hall of Fame
We chicks dig john w!

If you and bee of by weren't single, and I wasn't so "sensitive," I'd buy both of you a pop, a Huckleberry Fizz, at "Wally's Filling Station" in Mayberry-Wally has the best pop in town!!

Thunder's Muse

I have been influenced by so many people here on TOL, it really would be impossible to list them all.

There are some who challenge the way I see myself, those who challenge my relationship with God, some who challenge how I view the Bible and my understanding of Christianity and some who challenge my conduct and how I handle different situations.

At every point in my life, when I have needed wisdom or understanding or compassion, I have found that on TOL, also.

I am not the same person I was when I first arrived at TOL. For that, all Glory to God! :)

john w

Hall of Fame
I have been influenced by so many people here on TOL, it really would be impossible to list them all.

I agree, and I will not name a "the most" member, as, in a "non ranking order," brothers/brother-ette's(!), STP, heir, Nick the Great, Steko, RMan, Angel4truth, RightDivider, DazofGlory, Tambora, Aunt "Bee of By," Nazaroo, all have "influenced," persuaded me.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Hmm... Delmar, Town Heretic, Bybee, TomO and of late, Zippy and One Ugly Christian.

You can only learn from those who know things that you don't.

Which TOL forum member has influenced you the most? Who has actually forced you to modify your worldview or change your beliefs?

Barbarian

I'm fairly new and disagree completely with his evolutionary and liberal views. But he's extremely well read and changed my mind on one thing I believed about a creation issue.

Ha, I wrote the above a few days ago and didn't even notice that Barbarian had posted immediately above till just now.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I agree, and I will not name a "the most" member, as, in a "non ranking order," brothers/brother-ette's(!), STP, heir, Nick the Great, Steko, RMan, Angel4truth, RightDivider, DazofGlory, Tambora, Aunt "Bee of By," Nazaroo, all have "influenced," persuaded me.

Amen same here and including you as well as wayy too many other people to name.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Even those with which i disagree here have often given me food for thought and enabled me to become even more clear about what i believe and why.

Last edited:

bybee

Hmm... Delmar, Town Heretic, Bybee, TomO and of late, Zippy and One Ugly Christian.

You can only learn from those who know things that you don't.

You and Town Heretic helped me to see that, sometimes, I needed to take a step back from an issue and look at the bigger picture.
I thank both of you for that.