what's your agenda?

rainee

Greetings Jedidiah,

There are a few different ways I could respond to your post...
It's hard, you know, to pick the wisest or best one.

So I may have to give a mix... I don't know yet, guess I'll see after I've written it...(Yes I have been called ditsy for perhaps fairly good reasons)

First of all, I do agree with most of what you may be saying about Mr Carson the Butler. He is no doubt the ruler of the downstairs. And he rules with an iron fist. I even think the master of the house leaves most ruling to him unless something special comes up.

But as for Mrs Hughes, Mr Carson not only likes her and respects her but needs her at certain times to help him run the place.

However, though he is above her in the scheme of things like a boss - she in NOT his servant.
Not one, imho, who is under his management is "his servant" - NOT ONE, not even Daisy belongs to anyone but the Master of the House. I refer you to Matthew 24:45-51 for this.

Ok? Ok.

Now I will give you the first thing I almost said:

Have you not heard:

"Every valley shall be exalted,
and every mountain and hill shall be made low:
and the crooked shall be made straight,
and the rough places plain"? ( Isaiah 40:4 )

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy" Acts 2: 17-18

Ok? Ok.

And lastly Jedidiah,
to quote partially from a song I wish I could rewrite:
I know the beat of the Drummer I go to,
And I aint sayin I aint ready but do you think you could pull the reins in on me?

Now then,

Oh, and my picture there is of an astronaut. It's an astronaut cellphie. :up:

Oh, my apologies for not being able to recognize that :embarrassed:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I would love to pull down man's favourite idol.

the delusion of Freewill

I have no early hopes...these are the high places which seem to survive even the most thorough going revivals.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So the notion of predestination is problematic for you but not reconciling reincarnation with the point and purpose of the cross? :think: Curious.

there is only one problem with predestination
somebody needs to explain what we are doing here
can you do that?
you might be able to do that
but
not to my satisfaction

reincarnation is no threat to any sound theological doctrine

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
there is only one problem with predestination
somebody needs to explain what we are doing here
can you do that?
No, though I'm also not arguing for either. I'd say the best explanation for what we're doing here is as the object upon which love can be manifest in full.
you might be able to do that
but
not to my satisfaction
Nothing like a man who makes up his mind before the facts are in. :eek:

reincarnation is no threat to any sound theological doctrine
Of course it is. The very premise and point is the end of self perfection, which would make the cross superfluous. And if not self perfection then even less point.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
what do you think of this statement?

God chooses only those who choose to love God and neighbor

I deny that humans left to themselves have love...or even a glimmer of light. Look at ISIS, that is man untouched by the gospel. So every nation and tribe was or is without God.

Darn it is only 200 years since you had Red Indians...and I know the political romantics have rewritten what they were. Look at Africa just a hundred and fifty years ago...look at Britain before the gospel came...the religion used to burn children alive for sacrifice.

But even in lands where the gospel has had purchase...Germany, Russia....America.

Surely man is evil.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Of course it is. The very premise and point is the end of self perfection, which would make the cross superfluous. And if not self perfection then even less point.

huh?
where did you get this self perfection?

some will have to keep coming back until the gospel reaches them

the end will not come until that happens

it's in the bible

where did you get yours?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
huh?
where did you get this self perfection?

some will have to keep coming back until the gospel reaches them

the end will not come until that happens

it's in the bible

where did you get yours?
Given I'm not aware of any orthodoxy that lays claim to the notion of reincarnation as a Christian posit/mechanism I noted the popular use/explanation of the point in every other religion in which it finds root.

The chief problem with your attempt to interject it is the contrary nature of scripture on the point. Hebrews 9:27

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jedidiah

Rainee,

"...flesh & blood cannot inherite the kingdome of God..."

"...there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Iesus."

"Wiues, submit your selues vnto your own husbands, as vnto the Lord."

"Seruants, bee obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with feare and trembling, in singlenesse of your heart, as vnto Christ..."

Best regards !

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Given I'm not aware of any orthodoxy that lays claim to the notion of reincarnation as a Christian posit/mechanism I noted the popular use/explanation of the point in every other religion in which it finds root.

The chief problem with your attempt to interject it is the contrary nature of scripture on the point. Hebrews 9:27

let's skip dueling with verses
and
just get to the argument

would you agree the belief in predestination is more dangerous
than
the belief in reincarnation?