what's your agenda?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's Right. We See And Hear More About The Evil And Depravity Through Media And "Shock" TV In The World. The More I Look For Good And Decency, The More I See

when I look out my window
I don't see what is on tv

when I go outside
I don't see what is on tv

don't spend too much time watching tv

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
francis is too busy to respond to all your emails
so
I do whatever I can to help him out

I would like to help you out
Help me what? Defend a church? I don't have time to defend a church as I spend my time spreading the Gospel to all men as Jesus asked me to do.

PureX

The evidence seems to support that.
However, it would seem that there is also in many humans a modicum of decency.
I think that's because we don't teach each succeeding generation the essentials. we teach them everything, but. We teach them math and science and history and how and why to compete with each other, but we don't teach them how and why not to compete. We don't teach them to hold each other's well-being as being as important as their own. We don't teach them that existence doesn't exist for us to exploit, but for us to witness in awe and gratitude and appreciation.

And because we don't teach them this, they behave like ignorant pigs. And they teach their children to behave that way.

Jedidiah

I think that's because we don't teach each succeeding generation the essentials. we teach them everything, but. We teach them math and science and history and how and why to compete with each other, but we don't teach them how and why not to compete. We don't teach them to hold each other's well-being as being as important as their own. We don't teach them that existence doesn't exist for us to exploit, but for us to witness in awe and gratitude and appreciation.

And because we don't teach them this, they behave like ignorant pigs. And they teach their children to behave that way.
We shouldn't be surprised at depravity, even in well educated and lovingly reared people. The only solution to this is not humanistic, is not even of this world, but is the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Who sits now in heaven at the right hand of the Father. He will return from heaven at the end of time, and then this world will pass away and be re-created, and the Kingdom of heaven will cover the whole universe. We believers will have new bodies, and death itself will finally be defeated as the final enemy of Our Lord, that the Father promised to make His footstool.

Children (and adults) need to be taught that. It will not end evil, having everybody knowing the Gospel, but it is the physiologically best way to face this evil world, that is passing away, and groaning; awaiting Our Lord's return. The more we know the Gospel, the more our inherent and latent encephalopathy, that only concludes "foolishness" when hearing the Gospel, is replaced, and renewed. Our reborn and resurrected souls can infect our dead bodies with time and growing faith in the Gospel, and this will tend to make the present world a better place, but it is not a solution to all evil. Only Our Lord can bring an end to death.

:)

Levolor

But I wonder ... how is it that a perfect God can Love a totally depraved entity?
If "totally depraved" is there room for goodness?
If God in His infinite wisdom erases the "Total depravity" there would be nothing left?
Is that the death to self so that a new creation can be born?

:)

But, we come to it willingly... despite the extreme pain... as exemplified by Christ in the Garden while He sweated blood. If a person lives their life in co-operation with God's will (instructions) for us, we will each find ourselves there eventually.

Levolor

You take goodness in human reality, and then force it back into divine reality

You?

Force?

i guess I just do not understand the meaning of your statement. Mind expanding it a bit?

Ah! I mean: Do you mind expanding your statement a little bit?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You?

Force?

i guess I just do not understand the meaning of your statement. Mind expanding it a bit?

Ah! I mean: Do you mind expanding your statement a little bit?

their words have different meanings which allows them to put them together like that

Levolor

I was taught citizenship from kindergarten all the way through grammar school. I wonder when that ceased?

Levolor

their words have different meanings which allows them to put them together like that

Yes, you're right. I began to notice that 10-15 years ago. Hard to converse when the meanings of words don't mean the same to each party.

Such as the words then and than switched meanings in some individual's minds... not in the dictionary though.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, you're right. I began to notice that 10-15 years ago. Hard to converse when the meanings of words don't mean the same to each party.

Such as the words then and than switched meanings in some individual's minds... not in the dictionary though.

my favorite is when I want to talk about predestination
they have to say
do you mean double predestination
and
I say no
I mean predestination

PureX

I was taught citizenship from kindergarten all the way through grammar school. I wonder when that ceased?
I don't know. I went to Christian grade school and no one taught it there. I went to public high school and no one taught it there. I went to undergrad and graduate schools and no one taught it there. I'm still not as informed as I'd like to be about the mechanisms of my own government and my responsibilities to my fellow citizens.

But I think it's more than just citizenship. I think elemental philosophy 101: that as goes our family, so go we. As goes our community so goes our family. As goes the nation so goes our community. As goes our civilization so goes our nation, and as goes our species so goes our civilization. We are all individuals, but we are all individuals living together on this one planet, and we cannot escape from each other. Everyone's well-being is tied to everyone else's. Everyone's actions, reactions, and inactions effect everyone else. So it's important that we grow up, and grow out of our small-minded, self-centered view of our own existence. Every child should know this: that they are welcomed and appreciated by all humankind, and that they owe their own well-being to the well-being of everyone around them. As an essential truth.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
they call it PIG in nys - participation in government - you have to take it in 12th grade

.....perhaps purex never got as far as 12th grade? :think:

might explain a lot

Last edited:

bybee

my favorite is when I want to talk about predestination
they have to say
do you mean double predestination
and
I say no
I mean predestination

Of course they are referencing predestination in the positive = that is destined to be saved; and predestination in the negative = destined to be doomed.
That sort of makes the Second Great Commandment obsolete?
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.
That comes from the mouth of God.
It cannot be reconciled to the creation of souls destined to be doomed.