and
take all the credit
but
only after giving rusha all the credit

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
what's your agenda?

:think: Well....I've been keeping it a secret but the real reason I'm here....My secret "agenda", as it were. Is to get my pal Vladimir a date with SerpentDove. He's just absolutely smitten with her and is convinced that she will run away to Siberia with him if he just gets a chance to tell her about his plans.
:nono: I've told him that it's kind of unlikely, what with all the Eastern European nonsense going on right now, but he's adamant.

I probably should just give it up but I can't bring myself to let the guy down....He's such a hopeless romantic. :idunno:

Just look at him...Pining away for SD....Hoping he'll get to give her his flowers. :sigh:

original-photo-for-painting-Putin-with-flowers.jpg

rainee

I came here at first looking for PS82 because I was lonely for someone like me after the last place I was at closed down.

I stayed to kick some butt after getting offended but then I came back and decided
I would like to try to reach people who were different from myself...

It is a very high goal, lofty even. It may not be possible for me to do that.
I also like to be stimulated by other peoples thoughts and studies so that is cool about being here too.

Word based mystic

as a newbie
My agenda is

meet new people and find out what makes them tick. I like people, thank you Lord for growing that in me.

Learn to navigate and use the tools of this site.

Get a taste of how and what people discuss and argue here about spiritual issues.

Sharpen my writing and response skills.

discuss (spiritual) disciplines especially relating how we commune in our spirit/inner man with God.

Discuss exercising and growing in spiritual/inner man senses and gifts.

discuss the meaning of seeing and entering the kingdom of God

discuss how to use and grow in using our inheritance while we are here on earth
being that we/our spirit is presently seated in heavenly places

Chrysostom thank you for this thread.
I grew up catholic.
I don't doubt there are born again christians within the catholic church structure.
I have much disagreement with the expression of the catholic church's dispensing and facilitating of Gods Grace.
But that is another subject. I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that there is still common ground for discussion on most of the basics of the faith. Any disagreement is not personal.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I came here at first looking for PS82 because I was lonely for someone like me after the last place I was at closed down.

I stayed to kick some butt after getting offended but then I came back and decided

I also like to be stimulated by other peoples thoughts and studies so that is cool about being here too.

you make tol a better place

Word based mystic

I have made it a practice since 15 yrs old to ask God to let me see people the way He sees them and let me perceive them for What He has planned for them.
This has helped immensely.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was afraid town would do this
and
take all the credit
but

Okay.

For me, outside of interacting with a variety of people on some interesting topics, I have no agenda.

Insofar as things of the spiritual and religious nature, I have found that there others who are or have been in a similar mindset that I am currently in.

Also, there is the fact that TOL is really the only board where I have seen a lot of support for prolife/anti-abortion and DP advocates.

I don't feel like a lone ranger when discussing these topics.

Oh, and then there are the friendships that are made along the way.

bybee

what's your agenda?

here is mine

to get saved
to defend the catholic church
to present a reasonable interpretation of the apocalypse
to have a dialogue with my brothers

what might be even more interesting
tell us what you think their agenda is

It's okay Chrys. You may dialogue with your Sister's too!
I consider you to be my Brother in Christ. Therefore I continue to dialogue with you.

bybee

I'm glad you're here Rainee. You post from the heart and that means so much to me! Blessings Dearie!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was afraid town would do this
and
take all the credit
but
You always struck me as more of a "What's Their Agenda" thread sort. :plain:

Agenda...never really had one. I like people, enjoy chewing on a problem and entertaining. So I approach the place the way I would a jury, if with a bit more abandon and without any of the "don't get your client in trouble" worries. :)

Or, as I said in the other thread: I'm an proselytizing rationalist and it's been slow going, evangelically speaking. I'm also an optimist, so there's the conflict.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
what's your agenda?

here is mine

to get saved
If that were true, you would have believed on Him already having seen the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) preached to you and around you on TOL for years.

But you don't believe the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place as being all sufficient to save you. You believe not because of that, are blinded.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.