what's your agenda?

Levolor

I don't know. I went to Christian grade school and no one taught it there. I went to public high school and no one taught it there. I went to undergrad and graduate schools and no one taught it there. I'm still not as informed as I'd like to be about the mechanisms of my own government and my responsibilities to my fellow citizens.

But I think it's more than just citizenship. I think elemental philosophy 101: that as goes our family, so go we. As goes our community so goes our family. As goes the nation so goes our community. As goes our civilization so goes our nation, and as goes our species so goes our civilization. We are all individuals, but we are all individuals living together on this one planet, and we cannot escape from each other.

Yes. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Everyone's well-being is tied to everyone else's. Everyone's actions, reactions, and inactions effect everyone else. So it's important that we grow up, and grow out of our small-minded, self-centered view of our own existence. Every child should know this: that they are welcomed and appreciated by all humankind, and that they owe their own well-being to the well-being of everyone around them. As an essential truth.

Growing up: When decisions made are based upon the best good of all, and not only upon one's own and their self.

Quaint saying, but true: "It all begins with me".

What is it? Peace, or discord. Happiness, or despair. Selfishness or true generosity.

These personal kinds of things are our own decisions and they do ripple out... reaching further than most will ever realize.

Levolor

they call it PIG in nys - participation in government - you have to take it in 12th grade

I had something similar to that, too. Not the same as citizenship.

.....perhaps purex never got as far as 12th grade?

might explain a lot

I believe citizenship taught on how to treat one another decently and with courtesy.

Course I like what St. Paul says too: Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Corinthians 10:5

Just had a thought concerning this scripture, and I will go ahead and share it here.

Two words caught my attention in that verse: high thing

They remind me of this scripture: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Those high things (ungodly spirits) are those things in high places (from the 1st or 2nd heaven) who influence persons to wickedness.

Yes, we must learn to cast them down and not let them influence us to go against and do battle with other people; flesh and blood: people who are made in the image of God. Our battle is not with them. Praise God for prayer! :)

what's your agenda?

here is mine

to get saved
to defend the catholic church
to present a reasonable interpretation of the apocalypse
to have a dialogue with my brothers

what might be even more interesting
tell us what you think their agenda is
I don't have an agenda.
  • I am already saved by His grace through faith.
  • I try to spread God's truth and the true Christian faith.
  • I will leave the interpretation of the apocalypse to others. I prefer to spend what little time I have left to knowing God/Jesus/Holy Spirit better, holding no special allegiance to the interpretations of fallible men.
  • I will spread His truth if possible, and not engage in endless diatribes which serve no purpose.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm not saying I need to revisit my agenda, but it's running on Windows ME (which frankly seems self centered). :mmph:

So I guess part of my agenda is a metaphysical update.

:plain:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
what's your agenda?

here is mine

to get saved
to defend the catholic church
to present a reasonable interpretation of the apocalypse
to have a dialogue with my brothers

what might be even more interesting
tell us what you think their agenda is

Your agenda is to relax and plan your lunch, tell us the plan and drink beer. Never really accomplishing anything. Good job :chuckle: