What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

• Tell him that you do not approve but that you will accept him regardless.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Tell him that you love him but you must cut him off and have nothing to do with him unless he repent

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Tell him you respect his choice and accept it.

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

Sozo

BillyBob said:
I can't believe #2 is the prefered method out of the choices given. :nono:

What happen to sending them to Iran with a sign around their neck "Muslims are perverts"?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
If fags should be executed and your child is gay, shouldn't you just kill him imediately and get it over with?

Sozo

BillyBob said:
If fags should be executed and your child is gay, shouldn't you just kill him imediately and get it over with?
The law here does not allow for that. If my son was a child molestor, I would want him punished to the fullest extent of the law. I see no difference between child molestors and those with homosexual behavior. They are equally perverted.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Sozo said:
The law here does not allow for that. If my son was a child molestor, I would want him punished to the fullest extent of the law. I see no difference between child molestors and those with homosexual behavior. They are equally perverted.

I do not agree, my friend. While I find homo sex absolutely repulsive, 2 men willingly engaged in it is NOT the same as a man molesting an innocent child.

Child molestation is by far a worse crime.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
koban said:
Even "hairy muscular sweaty Russian peasant women with facial hair and carbuncles" lesbian sex? :eek:

Um..no...I don't want to watch your Mom and her girlfriend.....! :shocked:

:devil:

[What the hell is a 'carbuncle'?] :darwinsm:

Sozo

BillyBob said:
I do not agree, my friend. While I find homo sex absolutely repulsive, 2 men willingly engaged in it is NOT the same as a man molesting an innocent child.

Child molestation is by far a worse crime.

I agree that it is far more repulsive, but it is no less perverted. It comes from the same mindset.

There are several crimes that deserve death, even if one is more offensive than another,

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Sozo said:
I agree that it is far more repulsive, but it is no less perverted. It comes from the same mindset.

There are several crimes that deserve death, even if one is more offensive than another,

I know that's is how you 'feel', Sozo. I do not think that adult gay sex is worthy of execution. Sorry, I just don't see it that way.

Let me put it this way. If I had a son who as an adult became gay I would not want him executed.

If that same son was to become a child molester, I would struggle with my love for him and desire to protect him, but fundamentally I expect his execution as the only fair punishment.

I realize that my position is not going to be popular, but it is what it is.

I would never kill my child for being gay....not ever. :nono:

I would have a much harder decision if he was a child molester. If anyone molested my children, I would kill them myself. As an honerable man, I would expect the same penalty if my son molested someone elses child.

The reality is that I cannot know how I would react to such a scenario until it actually happens. I hope I would be able to balance my love for him with my sense of morality and duty. I also hope that I never have to make that choice.

Sozo

It's tough, I know, to take the stand that I have, but it is the subtle acceptance and tolerance of homosexual behavior that has increased the opportunity for our children to make that choice. I would have to support the ultimate penalty to protect my other children and grandchildren.

If the law suddenly allowed child molestors to have consenual sex with anyone over 11 years of age, what kind of steps would we have to take to protect our children?

It is far more important to take a hard stand for laws that punish offenders now, then to have to learn to tolerate evil in the future.

koban

Sozo said:

According to God, all men deserve spiritual death, but He sent His only Son to redeem us.

Is that not an example that one might use with their own son?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Wow, I just finished a half hour 'debate' with Mrs.BillyBob about this topic.

If nothing else, this thread inspired an interesting conversation between myself and a brilliant woman. Thanks Sozo. :cheers:

[I totally kicked her asss, even though she won't admit it] :banana:

Last edited:

Big Mouth Nana

Poly said:
How do you think God would want you to react if your son came to you and told you he was gay?
It's probably easy for people to say that they would cut them off unless they repent, but I couldn't do that. I said that I disapprove but accept them anyway. This is your own flesh and blood, and cutting them off no matter how grievious the sin is would be impossible for me. I would be in prayer for their repentance, and ask God to convict them of this sin. If they are "cut off" from you, how are you going to let the love of God show, or even talk to them about this if they aren't around? God hates the sin, but He loves the sinner.

Evee

BillyBob said:
Yes....but lesbian sex is somewhat more tolerable.

Don't ask me why.....:angel:
Ok why can't I ask you?
Could it be because the thought is provokingly sexual to you? :deb:

Sozo

Big Mouth Nana said:
It's probably easy for people to say that they would cut them off unless they repent, but I couldn't do that. I said that I disapprove but accept them anyway. This is your own flesh and blood, and cutting them off no matter how grievious the sin is would be impossible for me. I would be in prayer for their repentance, and ask God to convict them of this sin. If they are "cut off" from you, how are you going to let the love of God show, or even talk to them about this if they aren't around? God hates the sin, but He loves the sinner.

Welcome Big Mouth Nana!

Do you have children?

When I rebuke or punish my child, who is doing wrong, it sends a clear message to the other children in our family, and it also sends a message to them when they see the rebuked child repent, and my forgiveness being extended in love.

As I just stated a few posts ago... It is far more important to take a hard stand now, for laws that punish offenders, then to have to learn to tolerate evil in the future.