What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

• Tell him that you do not approve but that you will accept him regardless.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Tell him that you love him but you must cut him off and have nothing to do with him unless he repent

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Tell him you respect his choice and accept it.

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

Granite

Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
I do not agree, my friend. While I find homo sex absolutely repulsive, 2 men willingly engaged in it is NOT the same as a man molesting an innocent child.

Child molestation is by far a worse crime.

Yup, agreed.

And I generally question a solution to problems that always involves killing someone, anyhow...

On Fire

Sozo said:
I agree that it is far more repulsive, but it is no less perverted. It comes from the same mindset.

There are several crimes that deserve death, even if one is more offensive than another,
So if the U.S. had a law, like Iran, that called for the execution of homosexuals, you would want your son to be killed?

What if your neighbor's son was also a homosexual but he managed to keep it a secret until he eventually repented and accepted Christ? You find out later that he used to be a homosexual. Does he live or die?

Sozo

On Fire said:
So if the U.S. had a law, like Iran, that called for the execution of homosexuals, you would want your son to be killed?
You make it sound like being a homosexual is not a choice. Is that what you believe? I wonder how many people commit that act in Iran.
What if your neighbor's son was also a homosexual but he managed to keep it a secret until he eventually repented and accepted Christ?
Well then, let's not puruse any rapists, murderers, child molestors, thieves, terrorists, etc., who are keeping their behavior a secret. :rolleyes:

On Fire

Sozo said:
You make it sound like being a homosexual is not a choice. Is that what you believe? I wonder how many people commit that act in Iran.Well then, let's not puruse any rapists, murderers, child molestors, thieves, terrorists, etc., who are keeping their behavior a secret. :rolleyes:
No, I believe it is a choice.

But please, tell me what you think should happen to your neighbor's son who is also a homosexual but he managed to keep it a secret until he eventually repented and accepted Christ? You find out later that he used to be a homosexual. Does he live or die?

Sozo

On Fire said:
No, I believe it is a choice.

But please, tell me what you think should happen to your neighbor's son who is also a homosexual but he managed to keep it a secret until he eventually repented and accepted Christ? You find out later that he used to be a homosexual. Does he live or die?
Good question. I'll have to think about that. Using the same list above, what do you think we do with all of those others who do the same things and repent?

On Fire

Sozo said:
Good question. I'll have to think about that. Using the same list above, what do you think we do with all of those others who do the same things and repent?
We don't kill 'em. We praise God for saving them.

Sozo

On Fire said:
We don't kill 'em. We praise God for saving them.
So you would allow a murderer, child molestor, rapist, etc, to remain unpunished as long as they repent and accept Christ?

On Fire

Sozo said:
So you would allow a murderer, child molestor, rapist, etc, to remain unpunished as long as they repent and accept Christ?
No. I thought we were talking about homos. Everyone who commits a crime should suffer the consequences.

Sozo

On Fire said:
No. I thought we were talking about homos. Everyone who commits a crime should suffer the consequences.

Yes we are talking about homosexual behavior, and I am trying to understand why you are willing to separate it from other egregious behaviors. Do you believe that homosexual behavior should not be a crime? Does your acceptance or unacceptance of something as "criminal" change with public opinion, or the opinion of the lawmakers? Is abortion wrong?

Big Mouth Nana

Sozo said:
Welcome Big Mouth Nana!

Do you have children?

When I rebuke or punish my child, who is doing wrong, it sends a clear message to the other children in our family, and it also sends a message to them when they see the rebuked child repent, and my forgiveness being extended in love.

As I just stated a few posts ago... It is far more important to take a hard stand now, for laws that punish offenders, then to have to learn to tolerate evil in the future.
Thanks for the welcome :wave: I have a 33 year old daughter, and I was looking at it in the context of if she were a lesbian.
I would think that if the son/daughter were banished in other words, it would just make for harder feelings on both sides. Homosexuality is a horrible bondage, and the only one who can remove that sickness is God. I believe that even if the ties were not cut with my kid, that God can still work a miracle in my childs life. I look at it no different then if my child wasn't saved.....which homosexuals aren't. Would you sever the ties with a lost child who let's say were a drug user or into some cultish religion? Sin is sin, and no sin is greater then another except blaspheming the Holy Spirit which may not be forgiven. I would certainly let my child know that I disaprove of the lifestyle, (and with my big mouth, I can do that)and that it was ripping my heart out, but God can work miracles through showing our love, as He is love, and lives within us.
I guess that we could do like they did in the OT, take the offender outside the city and stone them to death, lol.
2nd Tim 2:24-26 ~ And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
Just my humble opinion here ;)

On Fire

Sozo said:
Yes we are talking about homosexual behavior, and I am trying to understand why you are willing to separate it from other egregious behaviors. Do you believe that homosexual behavior should not be a crime? Does your acceptance or unacceptance of something as "criminal" change with public opinion, or the opinion of the lawmakers? Is abortion wrong?
Jesus taught that all life is precious. He killed no one for their sins.

Not much I can do about U.S. criminal laws except vote. I do not believe in the death penalty under any circumstances. There is no such law in the U.S. for homosexual behavior. Sin is sin. All sins can be forgiven. I totally do not understand where this thirst for blood is coming from.

Have you thought about what you think should happen to your neighbor's son who is also a homosexual but managed to keep it a secret until he eventually repented and accepted Christ? You find out later that he used to be a homosexual. Does he live or die?

allsmiles

Sozo said:

i'm sorry, you don't know the difference between consensual sex and molestation?

Granite

Hall of Fame
On Fire said:

Not much I can do about U.S. criminal laws except vote. I do not believe in the death penalty under any circumstances. There is no such law in the U.S. for homosexual behavior. Sin is sin. All sins can be forgiven. I totally do not understand where this thirst for blood is coming from.

Have you thought about what you think should happen to your neighbor's son who is also a homosexual but managed to keep it a secret until he eventually repented and accepted Christ? You find out later that he used to be a homosexual. Does he live or die?

You're talking about a retroactive punishment, and to be consistent Sozo would have to say he'd support executing this person.

In any case I think the idea of killing someone for being gay is an absolutely ludicrous outrage.

Sozo

On Fire said:

Has BillyBob ever accused you of being a Democrat? Just curious.

You are going to have to be consistent. Either you think homosexual behavior is wrong or you don't. Either you think abortion, rape, child molestation, stealing, etc., is wrong or you don't. You cannot excuse one repentant behavior without punishment, and accept another.

All behaviors are a "secret" until revealed. If it is okay to excuse a repentant homosexual, then why not a murderer?