What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

• Tell him that you do not approve but that you will accept him regardless.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Tell him that you love him but you must cut him off and have nothing to do with him unless he repent

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Tell him you respect his choice and accept it.

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do you think God would want you to react if your son came to you and told you he was gay?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no doubt you will make a good father goose.

Goose

Why thank you! I'm sure you're a great mother.

The reason why I'd cut off my son was so not to influence the rest of my family, as I love them and would want to protect them. Perversions won't be allowed. What a glorious day though if someone's homosexual son/daughter did repent and the family would except him/her back into the fold again!

mberthot

So If someone is gay but has accepted Jesus as their savior...and all their sins are forgiven. Do they go to hell? Or do they just live with the suffering that sin leads to on earth...but still get to go to heaven.
Something to think about...

billwald

A child doesn't have sufficient information or experience to come to that conclusion. What if he told you he was an ice cream cone? Same response.

AsLan

Let's define the question a bit.

Age of son?

Does he call himself Christian?

Does he engage in sexual acts with other men, or does he fantasize about them?

Does he look down on George Michael for not coming out publicly before getting caught?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Leave it to some to try and complicate a simple question.

s9s27s54

Originally posted by mberthot
So If someone is gay but has accepted Jesus as their savior...and all their sins are forgiven. Do they go to hell? Or do they just live with the suffering that sin leads to on earth...but still get to go to heaven.
Something to think about...
You cannot be gay and saved. God says it's an abomination in His eyes. He destroyed Sodom and Gohmora because of the homo's there.

s9s27s54

Originally posted by Sozo

No one who defines themselves as "gay" has accepted Jesus.
They might continue to commit homosexual acts, but they won't like it, and wish they could stop.
Amen!

:thumb:

mberthot

And how do you know...all knowing Sozo...how can you say that there are no gay people in this world that have accepted Jesus. I happen to have some friends that are gay and they are gay Christians. How is that possible SOZO? Or are you God now and you judge everyone. Also, thought, word or deed today SOZO...how many sins have you commited today...and if you have commited sins...isn't your sin just as bad as anyone elses?
Bless you Sozo

P.S. by the way...I am not gay ...I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years and 4 months today.

mberthot

And with Christ dying on the cross...if I am correct...didn't Christ die for all believers? Or just some of them. You know...I really want someone to show me where in the New testament it says all gays are going to hell. Or any law that makes you go to hell in the New Testament. If I am correct ...I think that the new covenant wiped out the old ways of the new testament. Or are we still Jews?

s9s27s54

Read Romans 1:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

From this scripture, are gays saved? God hates that sin as He does all sin. If one is saved, they will become normal. They will like the opposite sex.

AsLan

Originally posted by s9s27s54

You cannot be gay and saved. God says it's an abomination in His eyes. He destroyed Sodom and Gohmora because of the homo's there.

God didn't destroy 'Sodom and Gohmora' for atrocious spelling and apostrophe placement though. Interesting that someone with such a lack of attention to detail is aware of God's reasons for doing things.

AsLan

I find it so amazing that people have this deep seated hatred and unconivcing Biblical backup of their hatred towards gays.

Do you even separate sexually active gays and non-sexually active gays?

Are you as strong towards premarital heterosexual sex as you are toward gays?

Do you have any gay friends?

Sheesh. Please tell me that one of you 'superantigaychristians' currently resides outside of the U.S. of A.

mberthot

So If there are gay Christians...over time they will like the opposite sex...well I guess that is one theory.
It is funny to me...how one sin to you is not equal to another. How do you weigh sin?

YOU CAN'T!

s9s27s54

Originally posted by AsLan
I find it so amazing that people have this deep seated hatred and unconivcing Biblical backup of their hatred towards gays.

Do you even separate sexually active gays and non-sexually active gays?

Are you as strong towards premarital heterosexual sex as you are toward gays?

Do you have any gay friends?

Sheesh. Please tell me that one of you 'superantigaychristians' currently resides outside of the U.S. of A.
READ YOUR BIBLE!

AsLan

Originally posted by s9s27s54
Read Romans 1:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

From this scripture, are gays saved? God hates that sin as He does all sin. If one is saved, they will become normal. They will like the opposite sex.

Oh man.

Does this change happen instantaneously or over time in your experience?