What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

• Tell him that you do not approve but that you will accept him regardless.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Tell him that you love him but you must cut him off and have nothing to do with him unless he repent

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Tell him you respect his choice and accept it.

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

koban

Lighthouse said:
Of course He didn't. He didn't have the authority. Not when He walked the Earth., anyway.

:confused: He didn't have the authority???

He had the authority to heal the sick, cast out demons and bring the dead back to life, but He didn't have the authority to enforce the Law? :freak:

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
Who else could He have been referring to?
I figured that it was probably Judas, but from reading your posts, I thought that you might have had another thought. You do seem to be very passionate about what you say and think :think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
AIDS, for one. The fact that homosexuality can easily lead to child molestation, is another. Have you ever heard of Nambla? And how do you think people become homosexual? It's usually because another homosexual brought them into it. Most of the time they were introduced to it as a child [i.e. they were molested].

We were talking adults, Brandon, not child molestation.

And by the way, AIDS is hardly an exclusively gay affliction. We straights are more than capable of spreading it ourselves.

Big Mouth Nana

Big Mouth Nana said:
God hates the sin, but He loves the sinner.

Lighthouse said:
Can you please quote some verses supporting this? I know there isn't a verse that states it exactly.
How about...John 3:16 ~ For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life????
If God didn't love the sinner and hate the sin, then evidently He sent His Son for no apparent reason when He bore our sins upon His body.

Last edited:

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
Of course He didn't. He didn't have the authority. Not when He walked the Earth., anyway.

koban said:

He had the authority to heal the sick, cast out demons and bring the dead back to life, but He didn't have the authority to enforce the Law? :freak:
Yes, He had all authority.....Matt 28:18-20 ~ And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
John 5:25-27 ~ Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Just because Jesus was part human, He was still God. What about when He went into the temple where the money changers were, and drove them out? That right there shows that he had plenty of authority....Matt 21:13 ~ And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
koban said:

Jesus was not recognized as God, by those who were in charge, so no, He did not have authority to enforce the law. Not to mention, the Roman government was in charge at the time, and they had taken authority away from the Jews to enforce most of their laws, including the death penalty.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
I figured that it was probably Judas, but from reading your posts, I thought that you might have had another thought. You do seem to be very passionate about what you say and think :think:
Yes, He was referring to Judas.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
How about...John 3:16 ~ For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life????
If God didn't love the sinner and hate the sin, then evidently He sent His Son for no apparent reason when He bore our sins upon His body.
I never said He didn't love them. What I'm saying is that he hates the sinner, as well as the sin. Even though He loves them, too. You have to know what love is, before you can understand what it means that God loves sinners.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Poly said:
How do you think God would want you to react if your son came to you and told you he was gay?
I would disown that child.:shocked:
Or if he told me he was a lawyer :sigh: -Disowned for sure!

Evee

I notice that mostly gays are referred to as males,females as lesbians.
I would believe one is just as wrong as the other.
Correct?

Evee

kmoney said:
Are you serious about disowning your child?
I believe many think they would but when push comes to shove I doubt most would.
I know for a fact I wouldn't.
I put no conditions on my love for my daughter.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Disowning may be a too strong of a word. I wouldn't pretend that child doesn't exist. But I certainly would not associate with them, until they were willing to repent. Except to tell them they need to repent.

Evee

CRASH said:
Dead serious, Because I love my children.
Would your wife feel the same, or would she cry and want you to accept them as your children but not accept their lifestyle?
Myself being a woman I would hope it was just a phase and then rejected.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Disowning may be a too strong of a word. I wouldn't pretend that child doesn't exist. But I certainly would not associate with them, until they were willing to repent. Except to tell them they need to repent.
:sibbie: Don't be nicer than God!!!

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Evee said:
Would your wife feel the same, or would she cry and want you to accept them as your children but not accept their lifestyle?
Myself being a woman I would hope it was just a phase and then rejected.

My awesome wife is in complete agreement with me!

Evee

kmoney said:
:sibbie: Don't be nicer than God!!!
How can one be nicer than God?
I would be willing to join in on a nicer than God thread.
I just like to know how anyone can be nicer than God.