What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

What would you do if your child came and told you he was gay?

• Tell him that you do not approve but that you will accept him regardless.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Tell him that you love him but you must cut him off and have nothing to do with him unless he repent

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Tell him you respect his choice and accept it.

Votes: 30 28.0%

• Total voters

Aimiel

I'd definitely cut him off, just as I would with any other criminal confession (theft, murder, etc.) and keep praying for his repentance. He wouldn't ever be allowed into my home again, except he repented. I'd do the same thing for one who didn't work, and didn't care to look for work; he'd be on the street, not welcome in my home, except he repents.

Sozo

allsmiles said:
irrelevant answer to a simple question.

do you know the difference between consensual sex and molestation?

One is a pervert forcing himself on another, and the other is two perverts who are willfully
perverted.

On Fire

Sozo said:
Has BillyBob ever accused you of being a Democrat? Just curious.

You are going to have to be consistent. Either you think homosexual behavior is wrong or you don't. Either you think abortion, rape, child molestation, stealing, etc., is wrong or you don't. You cannot excuse one repentant behavior without punishment, and accept another.
I AM being consistent:

homosexuality = sin
abortion = sin
rape = sin
child molestation = sin
stealing = sin

Our justice system determines which of these are crimes and which deserve punishment whether I agree with them or not. God, on the other hand, forgives all sins.

In the kingdom of heaven only God decides who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sozo said:
All behaviors are a "secret" until revealed. If it is okay to excuse a repentant homosexual, then why not a murderer?

It's not up to me to excuse anyone. We have earthly judges and a heavenly judge and they are mutually exclusive. For example:

A man kills his wife. He is a murder. He is also a sinner. He must pay the earthly consequences for his crime. He may or may not repent and give his life to Christ. If he does - great! - he goes to heaven when he dies.

On Fire

Aimiel said:
I'd definitely cut him off, just as I would with any other criminal confession (theft, murder, etc.) and keep praying for his repentance. He wouldn't ever be allowed into my home again, except he repented. I'd do the same thing for one who didn't work, and didn't care to look for work; he'd be on the street, not welcome in my home, except he repents.
The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
"This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin. Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Hebrew 10:15-25

Sozo

On Fire said:
I AM being consistent:

homosexuality = sin
abortion = sin
rape = sin
child molestation = sin
stealing = sin

Our justice system determines which of these are crimes and which deserve punishment whether I agree with them or not. God, on the other hand, forgives all sins.

In the kingdom of heaven only God decides who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

It's not up to me to excuse anyone. We have earthly judges and a heavenly judge and they are mutually exclusive. For example:

A man kills his wife. He is a murder. He is also a sinner. He must pay the earthly consequences for his crime. He may or may not repent and give his life to Christ. If he does - great! - he goes to heaven when he dies.

I don't disagree with any of that. Would you do the same for a murderer as you would a homosexual if they had been keeping it a secret when they commited the act? Would you accept them in the church without paying the consequences?

Abortion is also decriminalized. Do you only accept the governments opinion as to what is a crime?

allsmiles

Sozo said:
One is a pervert forcing himself on another, and the other is two perverts who are willfully perverted.

okay.

child molestation is obviously harmful and should be punished.

how are two grown, consenting adults having sex harmful and deserving of punishment? especially one so severe.

Sozo

allsmiles said:
okay.

how are two grown, consenting adults having sex harmful and deserving of punishment? especially one so severe.

Because I care so much about your opinion, my answer is...

Because it is.

On Fire

Sozo said:
I don't disagree with any of that. Would you do the same for a murderer as you would a homosexual if they had been keeping it a secret when they commited the act? Would you accept them in the church without paying the consequences?
It's not up to me. The court will decide the fate of the murderer. If he only gets 20 years and comes out of prison born again, I would definitely welcome him into my church.

Sozo said:
Abortion is also decriminalized. Do you only accept the governments opinion as to what is a crime?
Do I agree? No. I believe that abortion is murder. The best I can do is vote for lawmakers who agree with me. The eternal fate of a person who has an abortion is in the hands of God. As is the eternal fate of the abortionist.

allsmiles

On Fire said:
The eternal punishment of sin is death.

fair enough, but can we talk in terms that we can all agree on? or is this just another tired, one sided, "it is because it is" BS fest?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
God hates the sin, but He loves the sinner.
Can you please quote some verses supporting this? I know there isn't a verse that states it exactly.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
On Fire said:
Jesus taught that all life is precious. He killed no one for their sins.
Of course He didn't. He didn't have the authority. Not when He walked the Earth., anyway.

However, as I'm sure you agree, Jesus is God. And the Bible records numerous times when God demanded people be put to death for certain crimes, commanded Israel to kill entire nations for their wickedness, and even went so far as to kill them Himself. Sodom and Gommorah are an excellent example, especially since it relates to this specific topic. But, if you're looking for NT examples, look in Acts, where Ananias and Sapphira were both struck down where they stood, by God Himself, for stealing and lying about it.

Not much I can do about U.S. criminal laws except vote.
And protest. And write letters to gov't officials. And speak to others about it, so you maybe affect the way they see it, and therefore the way they vote.

I do not believe in the death penalty under any circumstances.
Why not? God does. Why do you disagree with God?

There is no such law in the U.S. for homosexual behavior.
That's not the point. So what if there's no such law? There should be. Just like there should be a lwa making abortion illegal. But there isn't, is there? There's a lwa making it legal. Do you think we should accept that, and leave it alone?

Sin is sin.
Are you saying that no sin is different than any other?

All sins can be forgiven.
:duh:

That doesn't change the fact that some sins should also be crimes, and crimes should be punishable, period. There should be no statute of limitations and even thosse who have shown remorse, and repented of their actions [whether or not they came to Christ] should still be punished for their crimes.

I totally do not understand where this thirst for blood is coming from.
This is not about a thirst for blood, it's about a thirst for righteousness. It's abot God's standard of rigth and wrong, and what He says should be done to keep right and worng seperated.

Have you thought about what you think should happen to your neighbor's son who is also a homosexual but managed to keep it a secret until he eventually repented and accepted Christ? You find out later that he used to be a homosexual. Does he live or die?
It depends on whether or not he committed any homosexual acts. Most likely he did. And it also depends on the laws at the time he committed those acts.

Now, though I believe he should still be punished, if that is the law at the time he committed the acts [because I do not believe in retro-active laws], whether or not he gets the death penalty is another story, because he has repented and has promised never to commit those acts again. He should maybe get a second chance.

However, in the case of a murderer, rapist or child molester, they should still die for their crimes, because they intentionally victimized people.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
okay.

AIDS, for one. The fact that homosexuality can easily lead to child molestation, is another. Have you ever heard of Nambla? And how do you think people become homosexual? It's usually because another homosexual brought them into it. Most of the time they were introduced to it as a child [i.e. they were molested].

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
Really?

Does the Bible say that? Where?
I'll rescend what I said. Everyday is a learning experiance in the Word. Evidently there are different levels of sin by what Jesus stated in this verse...John 19:10 - 11 ~ Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
Now I don't know if He was referring to Judas betraying Him, and He eventually appeared before Pilate or what?

Evee

Big Mouth Nana said:
I'll rescend what I said. Everyday is a learning experiance in the Word. Evidently there are different levels of sin by what Jesus stated in this verse...John 19:10 - 11 ~ Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
Now I don't know if He was referring to Judas betraying Him, and He eventually appeared before Pilate or what?
There is also some sins unto death. :)
Judas sin appeared to be unto death.