Ukrainian president Zelensky

marke

He loved some of them.

At times He did.
But not at other times.

If he is condemned, he won't be saved on the day of judgement.
All sinners will be condemned.
Thankfully, God made a way to live without sin, which I am so grateful for.
You seem confused. You say God loves some sinners sometimes and not others, but offer no evidence that is true or explanation for why that would be true. You also say that if a Christian sins then that Christian will be condemned in the judgment but do not explain your reasoning, suggesting you believe only those who remain sinless until the end will be saved. Nobody will remain sinless until the end like you erroneously think.

marke

I can see your POV there.
Thanks.
But they will all still suffer the wrath of God for their sin, no matter what they thought about it.
It is true that sinners who have rejected Jesus will be condemned at the judgment. It is not true that sinners will be condemned for any other reason because Jesus died to be a propitiation for all other sins.

John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Mark 3:28
Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Hoping

Banned
You seem confused. You say God loves some sinners sometimes and not others, but offer no evidence that is true or explanation for why that would be true.
Psalm 5:5 says..."The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."
He loves all men, but the sinners alienate themselves from God and from His love.
You also say that if a Christian sins then that Christian will be condemned in the judgment but do not explain your reasoning, suggesting you believe only those who remain sinless until the end will be saved.
It is written in 1 Peter 4:17..."For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"
There is a day of judgment coming, and it behooves us to be in the book of life on that day.
Sinners have had their names erased from that book, as it is written in Rev 3:5..."He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."
Nobody will remain sinless until the end like you erroneously think.
Me and Peter..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
And Paul..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
And John..."We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not." (1 John 5:18)

Hoping

Banned
It is true that sinners who have rejected Jesus will be condemned at the judgment. It is not true that sinners will be condemned for any other reason because Jesus died to be a propitiation for all other sins.

John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Mark 3:28
Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
You don't equate committing sin with rejecting Jesus?
I certainly do.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I certainly do.
And this is when they are sinning with informed consent only, right Hoping? Because we all know that someone might be sinning without giving their informed consent, and then what you're saying here is unkind. These people are "committing sin" and you, without knowing whether they have given their informed consent, believe they are "rejecting Jesus".

You have no moral compass. It's pointing south but it says north.

marke

Psalm 5:5 says..."The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

How do you think God defines "workers of iniquity?" Anyone who commits any sin of any type no matter how minor and no matter what age the sinner? You do not define it yourself because you can't.
He loves all men, but the sinners alienate themselves from God and from His love.

It is written in 1 Peter 4:17..."For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"
There is a day of judgment coming, and it behooves us to be in the book of life on that day.
Sinners have had their names erased from that book, as it is written in Rev 3:5..."He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

The problem with the sinless perfection doctrine is that sinners can only get saved once, getting their names in the book of life, but if they sin afterward their names are blotted out never to be written in again. There is so much wrong with that whole line of thinking that it is amazing anyone intelligent can actually believe that in the first place.

Hoping:
Me and Peter..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
*************************************************************************************
Why is Peter telling Christians who supposedly cannot possibly sin again even if they wanted to settle in their minds to "cease from sin?"
And Paul..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
And John..."We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not." (1 John 5:18)
Is Paul telling lost sinners to "Awake to righteousness" or is he addressing saved Christians? If Paul is addressing that to the lost then what kind of salvation message is that? "Awake to good works so that you can be saved?"

marke

I certainly do.
There are two main types of sin - those which shall be forgiven and those which shall never be forgiven.

Mark 3:28-29
King James Version

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.​

Arthur Brain

I don't think there's any doubt about it. The thing is, now that this has happened----now what do we do.

Cold War was supposed to be over in 1991. It's not. Now what?
Unfortunately there was always the possibility or even likelihood that things would revert back to the cold war. What do we do? I don't know in honesty.

Hoping

Banned
And this is when they are sinning with informed consent only, right Hoping?
Absolutely, and as all sin is committed that way, there will never be an excuse for sin.
Because we all know that someone might be sinning without giving their informed consent,
I cringe when I read "code words". "informed consent"
If they don't get tempted, enticed, act on lust, or conceive a sin, there is no sin. (James 1:14-15)
and then what you're saying here is unkind. These people are "committing sin" and you, without knowing whether they have given their informed consent, believe they are "rejecting Jesus".
As the point is moot, there being no such thing as accidental sin, it is pointless to pursue it.
You have no moral compass. It's pointing south but it says north.
Very colorful language...but again pointless.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't think there's any doubt about it. The thing is, now that this has happened----now what do we do.

Cold War was supposed to be over in 1991. It's not. Now what?
Personally, I think we could do without a Europe.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Absolutely, and as all sin is committed that way, there will never be an excuse for sin.

I cringe when I read "code words". "informed consent"
If they don't get tempted, enticed, act on lust, or conceive a sin, there is no sin. (James 1:14-15)

As the point is moot, there being no such thing as accidental sin, it is pointless to pursue it.

Very colorful language...but again pointless.
You need to measure your words better Hoping. If you believe that without informed consent, no one can be guilty of any sin that they commit in such a state (i.e. without giving informed consent), then you need to change your 'messaging' because to all the world it sounds like you're advocating for some form of legalistic perfectionism.

That's not Christian.

Hoping

Banned
How do you think God defines "workers of iniquity?" Anyone who commits any sin of any type no matter how minor and no matter what age the sinner? You do not define it yourself because you can't.
I agree with what John wrote in 1 John 5:17..."All unrighteousness is sin".
The problem with the sinless perfection doctrine is that sinners can only get saved once, getting their names in the book of life, but if they sin afterward their names are blotted out never to be written in again.
Got a scripture for that?
Wasn't the adulterer amidst the Corinthians given another chance?
Of course the sin showed he wasn't reborn of God's seed in the first place, so when he does repent of sin, it will be for the first time.
There is so much wrong with that whole line of thinking that it is amazing anyone intelligent can actually believe that in the first place.
I know there are not many false doctrines that include perfect obedience towards God, so I know from whence you speak.
Hoping:
*************************************************************************************
Why is Peter telling Christians who supposedly cannot possibly sin again even if they wanted to settle in their minds to "cease from sin?"
I wasn't a Christian when I first read it.
It also is a good exhortation for the converted in their unending war against evil done under the name of Jesus Christ.
Is Paul telling lost sinners to "Awake to righteousness" or is he addressing saved Christians? If Paul is addressing that to the lost then what kind of salvation message is that? "Awake to good works so that you can be saved?"
He is addressing the Corinthians, but primarily those he was presently engaging with concerning the false doctrine of there being no resurrection, in 1 Cor 15.

Hoping

Banned
There are two main types of sin - those which shall be forgiven and those which shall never be forgiven.

Mark 3:28-29​

King James Version​

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:​

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.​

The first kind will be forgiven if we quit doing it permanently.

Hoping

Banned
You need to measure your words better Hoping. If you believe that without informed consent, no one can be guilty of any sin that they commit in such a state (i.e. without giving informed consent), then you need to change your 'messaging' because to all the world it sounds like you're advocating for some form of legalistic perfectionism.
I can only go by what is written in the bible, James 1:14-15, and by the Spirit of God within me.
That's not Christian.
When one decides to obey God, they become a Christian.
The disobedient are just playing games.

marke

Unfortunately there was always the possibility or even likelihood that things would revert back to the cold war. What do we do? I don't know in honesty.
It is always time to turn back to Jesus for help and deliverance from the evil inspired by satan in the world of international politics.

marke

I agree with what John wrote in 1 John 5:17..."All unrighteousness is sin".

Nevertheless, not all sins are the same and there are sins that are not imputed by God and sins that are imputed by God.

Luke 12:46-48
King James Version

46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Romans 5:13
(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.​

marke

Got a scripture for that?
Wasn't the adulterer amidst the Corinthians given another chance?
Of course the sin showed he wasn't reborn of God's seed in the first place, so when he does repent of sin, it will be for the first time.
I do not believe names are written in the book of life after a Christian is saved, but that all names are written in the book of life from the beginning and those names blotted out are blotted out for rejecting Jesus.

Revelation 17:8
The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Exodus 32:33
And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Those who believe a Christian cannot sin after salvation must also believe that any name blotted out of the book will be the name of someone who was never born again in the first place, proving their names must have originally been written in the book from the beginning.

If names are written in the book from the beginning and not after salvation then once the name is blotted out it remains blotted out forever.