Ukrainian president Zelensky

marke

In every real believer, there is one, divine, nature.
As it is written in 2 Cor 5:17..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
My old nature passed away, and I was given a new one along with my new life in Christ.
And, as it is written in Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
Having no more lusts to please, enables a life focused entirely on the Spirit.
You misunderstand the scripture.

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

A lost person does not have the Spirit lusting against the flesh and does not subsequently find trouble doing those things that are right he wants to do.

Hoping

Banned
Is a person guilty of sin that he or she or neither he nor she commits without their informed consent?
No, and I thought we already went over this?
lol. You've reintroduced me to judgmental legalistic perfectionism. aka just 'fundamentalism', in a bad way.
Through the false doctrine that can't separate the "salvation by the Law-legalism" that Paul preached against from common obedience to God, you have gained a disdain for reverence towards God.
Too bad, as the disobedient are all going to the lake of fire.
Your loss.
And our loss too, honestly.
We miss you! Come back home.
I told you you misapprehend the Mass. You're just proving my point.
I am done with sinners leading sinners.
Both are going to fall into the ditch.

Hoping

Banned
You misunderstand the scripture.

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

A lost person does not have the Spirit lusting against the flesh and does not subsequently find trouble doing those things that are right he wants to do.
A "found" person does not have the flesh lusting against the Spirit.
The rest of your post countered the first part.

marke

A "found" person does not have the flesh lusting against the Spirit.
The rest of your post countered the first part.
You are confused. Paul served God with his mind, proving he was saved, while serving sin with his flesh, proving he was not totally free from sin after salvation.

Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Hoping

Banned
You are confused. Paul served God with his mind, proving he was saved, while serving sin with his flesh, proving he was not totally free from sin after salvation.

Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
But as Rom 6:6 says..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
Neither Paul nor us are in the flesh after the old man/flesh is killed with Christ.
Paul makes it clear that he is no longer in the flesh in Rom 7:5 too..."For when we WERE in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."
He again references the past in verse 18 differentiating past from present..."For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not."
Most of Rom 7 is a narrative from Paul's past, under, and failing to keep, the Law of Moses.

marke

But as Rom 6:6 says..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
Neither Paul nor us are in the flesh after the old man/flesh is killed with Christ.
Paul makes it clear that he is no longer in the flesh in Rom 7:5 too..."For when we WERE in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."
He again references the past in verse 18 differentiating past from present..."For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not."
Most of Rom 7 is a narrative from Paul's past, under, and failing to keep, the Law of Moses.
Again, you are mistranslating and misunderstanding the passage. Paul said "I now" serve the law of God in my new nature born of the Spirit of God while "I also now" serve the law of sin with the flesh.

Hoping

Banned
Again, you are mistranslating and misunderstanding the passage. Paul said "I now" serve the law of God in my new nature born of the Spirit of God while "I also now" serve the law of sin with the flesh.
The flesh is dead, in the reborn.
We walk in the Spirit.
It is written..."This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Gal 5:16)
It is written..."There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:1)
It is written..."That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:4)
It is written..."But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.' (Rom 8:9)

The Spirit of God dwells in me.
Thanks be to God, and to the name of Jesus Christ.

Gary K

Banned
The flesh is dead, in the reborn.
We walk in the Spirit.
It is written..."This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Gal 5:16)
It is written..."There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:1)
It is written..."That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:4)
It is written..."But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.' (Rom 8:9)

The Spirit of God dwells in me.
Thanks be to God, and to the name of Jesus Christ.
I don't disagree with the texts you quote, but I disagree with the conclusions you draw. There is a host of scripture saying there are just wars and God approved of them and those who fought in them..

1. Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
2. David was a man of war. A warrior if you will, and God declared him to be a man after His own heart. 1Samuel 13:14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the Lord hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the Lord hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the Lord commanded thee.
3. Abraham was "the friend of God" and he went to war because Lot and his family were taken captive. After the battle and the release of all the captives God told Abraham to "fear not" because He was his shield and exceeding great reward. Genesis 14:14 - Genesis 15:1
4. Moses instructed Joshua to fight against Amalek while held up his rod and while Moses kept his hands up the COI won the battle. Exodus 17:9-16

This is enough to demonstrate the principle involved. I'm curious why the pacifism in the light of scripture and that it was Jesus is the great I AM and therefore it was Jesus who approved of all the warfare.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
No, and I thought we already went over this?
Then why don't you change your tune? Because the tune your singing right now sounds like to all the world like sinless judgmental fundamentalist legalistic perfectionism. That's not of Christ, that's not the Gospel, that's not the New Testament, that's none of those things.
Through the false doctrine that can't separate the "salvation by the Law-legalism" that Paul preached against from common obedience to God, you have gained a disdain for reverence towards God.
I haven't "gained" any such thing.
Too bad, as the disobedient are all going to the lake of fire.
What if they're disobedient without informed consent?
I am done with sinners leading sinners.
Both are going to fall into the ditch.
You're in the ditch, and you're trying to reach others, not to pull you out, but to pull others down into the ditch with you!

Arthur Brain

Does Zelensky claim to be a Christian?
I hope not, as Christians are to pray for their enemies and do them good.
Not sure what he claims to be but his bravery and resolve are beyond dispute no matter what the predictable nutball brigade have to say about it. Are he and his forces supposedly to sit idly by and do nothing while maternity hospitals are shelled to bits? His forces are fighting against a regime that routinely targets civilian areas and use lying propaganda to justify it. Zelensky has rightfully called the bombing of said hospital a war crime, because that's what it was. Barbaric.

Arthur Brain

So, you're pretending not to know that any "no fly zone" imposed in the Ukraine automatically escalates a regional war into an international nuclear war. You know, WW3 and the total destruction not only of Ukraine but the nuclear destruction of the North America and Europe as well as Russia. Wow. The depopulation of the earth just like Schwab and the WEF has been calling for.

That is the party line, and that is what Zelensky is calling for when he repeatedly calls for a no-fly zone. You're crazy enough, or ignorant enough, to want nuclear world wide war.
I'm well aware of what enacting a no fly zone around the Ukraine could entail and the possible if not likely escalations you absolute wingnut. You are one pathetic little man if you think Zelensky is calling for such because he wants all out nuclear war to happen. You try leading in his position and seeing the atrocious barbarism inflicted by the Russian forces before you make snap judgments that are so easy to make from that comfy little armchair with a laptop with no doubt several different windows on it from far right wingnut sites.

Hoping

Banned
I don't disagree with the texts you quote, but I disagree with the conclusions you draw. There is a host of scripture saying there are just wars and God approved of them and those who fought in them..
I am glad we agree that men walking after the Spirit don't also walk after the flesh
1. Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
2. David was a man of war. A warrior if you will, and God declared him to be a man after His own heart. 1Samuel 13:14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the Lord hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the Lord hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the Lord commanded thee.
3. Abraham was "the friend of God" and he went to war because Lot and his family were taken captive. After the battle and the release of all the captives God told Abraham to "fear not" because He was his shield and exceeding great reward. Genesis 14:14 - Genesis 15:1
4. Moses instructed Joshua to fight against Amalek while held up his rod and while Moses kept his hands up the COI won the battle. Exodus 17:9-16

This is enough to demonstrate the principle involved. I'm curious why the pacifism in the light of scripture and that it was Jesus is the great I AM and therefore it was Jesus who approved of all the warfare.
David, Abraham; etal, were all men walking in the flesh, as we couldn't walk in the Spirit until after Jesus was crucified and raised from the dead.
We have a better example of life now...Jesus, not David.

Hoping

Banned
Then why don't you change your tune? Because the tune your singing right now sounds like to all the world like sinless judgmental fundamentalist legalistic perfectionism. That's not of Christ, that's not the Gospel, that's not the New Testament, that's none of those things.
Partly correct...sinless perfection.
Legalistic and judgmental are not a part of it at all.
And sinless perfection is impossible without faith in God.
Faith that Jesus lived without sin and that we can be "immersed" into the death and burial of Christ so we too can be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)
A new life, also without sin.
I haven't "gained" any such thing.
What if they're disobedient without informed consent?
Then why are you defending sin?
If folks don't know something is a sin, it is not a sin to them.
You're in the ditch, and you're trying to reach others, not to pull you out, but to pull others down into the ditch with you!
You can call "walking in the light" a ditch if you wish, but in the light, there is no stumbling.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
Not sure what he claims to be
I found out he is Jewish.
but his bravery and resolve are beyond dispute no matter what the predictable nutball brigade have to say about it. Are he and his forces supposedly to sit idly by and do nothing while maternity hospitals are shelled to bits? His forces are fighting against a regime that routinely targets civilian areas and use lying propaganda to justify it. Zelensky has rightfully called the bombing of said hospital a war crime, because that's what it was. Barbaric.
I wonder what things would have been like if he and his country had been Christians who relied on God instead of guns.

Arthur Brain

I found out he is Jewish.

I wonder what things would have been like if he and his country had been Christians who relied on God instead of guns.
You're kidding, right? You think that would have stopped Russia? The Ukraine gave up its nuclear stockpile and you need a reality check.

Hoping

Banned
You're kidding, right? You think that would have stopped Russia? The Ukraine gave up its nuclear stockpile and you need a reality check.
Have you ever head of the power of God?
The God that parted the Red Sea?
The God that caused it to rain fowl on the fleeing Israelites?
The God that knocked down the walls of Jericho?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Partly correct...sinless perfection.
Legalistic and judgmental are not a part of it at all.
And sinless perfection is impossible without faith in God.
Faith that Jesus lived without sin and that we can be "immersed" into the death and burial of Christ so we too can be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)
A new life, also without sin.

Then why are you defending sin?
I'm not. I without reservation recommend that people not sin to the best of their ability and as their circumstances allow.
If folks don't know something is a sin, it is not a sin to them.

You can call "walking in the light" a ditch if you wish, but in the light, there is no stumbling.

Hoping

Banned
I'm not. I without reservation recommend that people not sin to the best of their ability and as their circumstances allow.
Does that make you a judgmental legalist?
No.
It makes you one preaching what you don't believe is actually possible.
It is possible, by the grace of God.

Arthur Brain

Have you ever head of the power of God?
The God that parted the Red Sea?
The God that caused it to rain fowl on the fleeing Israelites?
The God that knocked down the walls of Jericho?
Have you ever heard of rationality, logic and common sense?