toldailytopic: Which TOL member(s) did you dislike at first but now like? (or vice ve

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
LH, Stripe and Nick M...we've had our share of 'not so nice' communication....but I've seen another side to them as well, and when I actually listen to what they say, I often learn something new.

Learn something new, like.....what not to do? :think:

;)

PyramidHead

I've never had a problem with anyone other than Just Tom on this site (and that was JT saying something disparaging about recently deceased family members of mine).

Some people may think I don't like them but I just have a tendency to forgo politeness, but I know I do so I try to make up for it sometimes :)

I like ktoyou, she's pretty much the best ever
I used to be cool with Town Heretic until he got all popular and decided to stop talking to me :noid:
I was cool with Real Sorcerer until he stopped posting
I like Greenrage even though he can make a fool of himself sometimes
I like Rusha, even when she was 'Satanist; :eek:
I like Granite but he has so many posts I can't even
I like Knight, he's a good sport to all the heathens who crawl over his site
I like kmoney, I think we would get along after a beer or two
I like Sozo and co., it's nice to see someone who doesn't mind being transparent
I like taikoo, she's cool and she likes Asia and knows stuff about Asia (I think)
I like freelight, he is more or less my favorite poster about matters of spirituality
I like Stripe, his YEC tears feed me
I like phersphone66 (yeah idk how to spell it), hsheit knows industrial music which owns
I like a lot of people but the list is too long anyway

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hmmm no one spring to mind to be honest . . . .

Strip springs to mind I suppose, of course that was back in the days when he was Stipe . . . We still agree on very little; but these days we only discuss sport, to which I think we mostly agree . . .

I used to have the occasional scrap with the MODS back in the day; but not these days!

Which is less to do with a mutual liking and more to do with bigger fish to fry . . . :eek:

:chuckle: Strip. Who the heck is this person?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I've never had a problem with anyone other than Just Tom on this site (and that was JT saying something disparaging about recently deceased family members of mine).

Some people may think I don't like them but I just have a tendency to forgo politeness, but I know I do so I try to make up for it sometimes :)

I used to be cool with Town Heretic until he got all popular and decided to stop talking to me :noid:
Is TH popular? When did this happen? Do you like attorneys? How is he popular?
You puddenhead you, I helped you when you were depressed and what thanks do I get?:sigh:

nicholsmom

I start with liking a person and keep right on liking him until he makes it virtually impossible to like him. I do all I can to set up a respectful relationship and keep it that way, but there are some who simply refuse to go along with that :sigh:

I see disrespect as
1) refusal to even try to understand or divine a person's actual meaning
2) non-responsiveness - not answering questions, not addressing actual arguments, etc
3) ad hominem attacks and sniping, including side-line discussions about a poster that have little to do with the thread topic
4) refusal to drop a discussion that is going nowhere - where the parties should agree to disagree, for instance
5) making assumptions about another poster's beliefs instead of asking

... well, I guess that's a beginning anyway ...

PyramidHead

Is TH popular? When did this happen? Do you like attorneys? How is he popular?
You puddenhead you, I helped you when you were depressed and what thanks do I get?:sigh:

Actually you were first on this list but through some bizarre freak of occurrence the electrons that composed that text were scattered like so many leaves in the wind

Check again

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Actually you were first on this list but through some bizarre freak of occurrence the electrons that composed that text were scattered like so many leaves in the wind

Check again

Alight, I concede, you made an honest error. :)

TH, yes, he has three stars, I have one, but some have four. The problem with stars is bars, when too short, they sometimes drool off, it happened to me, as the kids say, 'been there done that':Nineveh:

the only thing I hate on TOL is peachy. :Elaine: :listen: peachy is a :troll:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Is TH popular?
Yes. It's true. Everyone who's anyone is talking about it. :plain:

When did this happen?
There are a number of theories.

Do you like attorneys?
Doesn't everyone? Like asking "Who want's a puppy?"

How is he popular?
The usual way: volume. :eek:

:think: A prolonged discussion of me? Now there's a win/win for you.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes. It's true. Everyone who's anyone is talking about it. :plain:

Where have I been?

There are a number of theories.

Name two

Doesn't everyone? Like asking "Who want's a puppy?"
Well sure, but they do grow in the most remarkable way. What about a good start?

The usual way: volume. :eek:

You saying weight is a factor, or mass, does being Catholic help?

:think: A prolonged discussion of me? Now there's a win/win for you.
:dog: here we go again, round and round, catch me if you can. What song am I thinking about? Tune in............Opera............and all that jazz........ on autopilot. Can anybody play, yes, John.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
lovemeorhateme, got in a heated argument on gun laws with him a long time ago. Think he's great now.

Hilston, as I recall my first post to him was insulting. Now he'd be on my "short list" of smartest people I know.

Never especially disliked AMR, but I didnt expect to like him either when he was new. One of my favorites now.

There are a few that come to mind who I used to like but now don't care for, but I'm not going there. :)

Oh! guysmiley and shalom.... :down: :Clete:

The Berean

lovemeorhateme, got in a heated argument on gun laws with him a long time ago. Think he's great now.

Hilston, as I recall my first post to him was insulting. Now he'd be on my "short list" of smartest people I know.

Never especially disliked AMR, but I didnt expect to like him either when he was new. One of my favorites now.

There are a few that come to mind who I used to like but now don't care for, but I'm not going there. :)

Oh! guysmiley and shalom.... :down: :Clete:

See if you three would learn to hug each other more you wouldn't feel this way. :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Re: theories on my sudden overwhelming and indisputable popularity. :guitar: :straight: :juggle:

Divine intervention or Social Darwinism. Surprisingly, the theists are advancing the latter and the atheists the former. :think:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Re: theories on my sudden overwhelming and indisputable popularity. :guitar: :straight: :juggle:

Divine intervention or Social Darwinism. Surprisingly, the theists are advancing the latter and the atheists the former. :think:

Obscure in an opaquely ubiquitous shadow, transparent to the unctuously biscuit-minded.:ha:

some other dude

2) non-responsiveness - not answering questions, not addressing actual arguments, etc
3) ad hominem attacks and sniping, including side-line discussions about a poster that have little to do with the thread topic
4) refusal to drop a discussion that is going nowhere - where the parties should agree to disagree, for instance

NM - you just described why I have yet to find something to like about Greenrage, Barbie or Agnes.

Thanks for saving me the time!

taikoo

I start with liking a person and keep right on liking him until he makes it virtually impossible to like him. I do all I can to set up a respectful relationship and keep it that way, but there are some who simply refuse to go along with that :sigh:

I see disrespect as

... well, I guess that's a beginning anyway ...

After i tried all of those on you and you still didnt tip over, i found out we should be friends! And Im glad we are.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Divine intervention, eh? Then I guess I'll thank God for that large sum of money that I received from a Mr. Town Heretic with a letter asking for friendship. :plain:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Some new members, I may have been hard on at first. Seldom it it not resolved. I dislike commies, so more than atheists, some who are friends, most commies are the antithesis of my value system. Pan D. being the best example.

Then there are the few, who seem to think I should be a certain way because I am a psychologist. I cannot stand their stupidity, pod comes to mind. There is nothing more ignorant than a half educated person, pretending to be the expert on what they do not know.

Most members, those I know little, I have no dislike for them, not knowing them, what's to dislike. I have some favoritism for women, which seems natural. Despite this, many of the men here I like a great deal, some of you are my favorite posters. Some fundamentalists as well as some you are more liberal.

Listing members is not my style.
Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.