toldailytopic: What would be on the menu for your last meal on earth?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ouch. Yeah, I didn't think about that. I take it you can still eat them after they're cooked?

Yes. I can eat them. I hate that I'm allergic to the starch, though, because I love potatoes any way you can cook them. The good thing is that my nephew also likes potatoes. He said he'd peel and cut them for me if I cook them.

Doormat

If I answer the question I will never be able to eat that meal combination again without wondering ... :noid:

Junius Gallio

Yes. I can eat them. I hate that I'm allergic to the starch, though, because I love potatoes any way you can cook them. The good thing is that my nephew also likes potatoes. He said he'd peel and cut them for me if I cook them.
Hmmm ... is it possible that what you are allergic to is the nightshade alkaloids? One way to tell is if you can eat them boiled, but not fried--boiling eliminates the alkaloids, while frying does not.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmmm ... is it possible that what you are allergic to is the nightshade alkaloids? One way to tell is if you can eat them boiled, but not fried--boiling eliminates the alkaloids, while frying does not.

I don't think so because I can eat fried potatoes. I just can't cut or peel them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think so because I can eat fried potatoes. I just can't cut or peel them.

The foods that really cause me problems are wheat, corn, pork and shellfish. I don't eat any grain at all.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hate that the allergy exists, but I am very glad that your nephew is willing to help out. :)

Me too. :chew: Even though my daughter likes potatoes, she won't peel and cut them for me. She doesn't have my problems with allergies. She's just too lazy to peel and cut them for me.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What would be on the menu for your last meal on earth?

Well that's a tough choice, since there are many things to choose from.

Mrs Psalmist: Potato salad and homemade bean and beef chili.
My mom: Lemon chiffon pie.
Mrs Psalmist: Banana bread that has walnuts and cherries.
My mother-in-law: Fried chicken.
My daughter: A fabulous side salad.
My son: Fresh brewed coffee.​

Not knowing why it would be my last meal on earth, I think it would be for sure after trying to consume all that food and drink...I would have exploded.

Last edited:

HisServant

The older I get, the less I care about food. I've eaten pretty much everything there is to eat (my wife says I would give Andrew Zimern a run for his money).

I'd forgo the food and just pray.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I really enjoy many different foods and am allergic to none. Freshly caught hammerhead shark steaks on the Barbie with a salad drenched in bleu cheese dressing with sides of asparagus and garlic laced mashed potatoes smothered in sour cream sounds nice. Blackberry cobbler hot from the oven topped with strawberry ice cream would be a nice dessert.

But if I knew for certain it was my last meal perhaps the wisest choice would be simply a glass of wine and a bit of bread. Shared, of course.

ragTagblues

I would forgo food for a cup of Twinings Everyday Tea (made to a very specific formula in a mug of my choosing) and a pack of Marlboro Lights . . . .

If not?

Full English Breakfast - Sausages, bacon, black pudding, white pudding, scrambled eggs, beans, tinned tomatoes, chips, fried bread, grilled tomato. A side of toast and HP sauce to finish it off!

bybee

I would forgo food for a cup of Twinings Everyday Tea (made to a very specific formula in a mug of my choosing) and a pack of Marlboro Lights . . . .

If not?

Full English Breakfast - Sausages, bacon, black pudding, white pudding, scrambled eggs, beans, tinned tomatoes, chips, fried bread, grilled tomato. A side of toast and HP sauce to finish it off!

Burp!

noguru

Rack of lamb (medium rare) with rosemary, steamed or lightly sauteed asparagus with butter and garlic, wild rice with variable seasonings depending on my mood.