toldailytopic: What would be on the menu for your last meal on earth?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 22nd, 2012 09:35 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Junius Gallio

I'm not terribly picky about the food, so long as my family is there. What does your Bible say? "Better a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith"?

But if I had to pick the menu as well, I'd want schnitzel, macaroni pie (it's a baked macaroni and cheese), and green beans. Maybe some pumpkin pie for dessert. Yummy!

bybee

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Prime rib, Idaho baked potato with lots of butter and fresh ground salt and pepper, fresh green beans well cooked and my own cherry cream pie for dessert with a good cup of freshly ground Colombian Supremo coffee. Some home made rolls would also be nice.
Now, this is all based on the premise that I still have teeth in my head!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Since, lately, my tastes have been changing daily, I'll tell you my answer for today. :chuckle:

Honey-glazed ham, mashed potatoes (real, not instant), cornbread with lots of butter, "burnt" green beans (green beans cooked in garlic butter until slightly browned), and pecan pie.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Appetizer: Clam Chowder
Meal: Prime rib, lobster and stuffed baked potato
Dessert: Pine apple upside down cake
After-meal cocktail: Zombie

bybee

Since, lately, my tastes have been changing daily, I'll tell you my answer for today. :chuckle:

Honey-glazed ham, mashed potatoes (real, not instant), cornbread with lots of butter, "burnt" green beans (green beans cooked in garlic butter until slightly browned), and pecan pie.

That sounds good too!

Buzzword

Option 1:
A Swadley's Mega-Meat BBQ sandwich.
Bulled pork, smoked sausage, sliced brisket, smoked turkey, and BACON all on one bun.
Fried okra and an Outback Bloomin' Onion.
Black-bottom pie for dessert.

Option 2:
A bison roast marinated for 72 hours prior to cooking for 12.
Homemade mashed potatoes and cream-style corn.
...still black-bottom pie for dessert.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Instant mashed potatoes are only useful if you've run out of library paste. Yuck.

Instant potatoes are useful if you're allergic to the starch in raw potatoes and can't peel or cut them (like I am). :chuckle:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That sounds good too!

I make "burnt" green beans quite often, Bybee. I melt butter in a skillet (if I don't have pork chop or fried chicken grease from the meal), brown garlic in it, and then cook the green beans in it until browned. I also love green bean "fries." But, I only make them when I make fried chicken.

bybee

I make "burnt" green beans quite often, Bybee. I melt butter in a skillet (if I don't have pork chop or fried chicken grease from the meal), brown garlic in it, and then cook the green beans in it until browned. I also love green bean "fries." But, I only make them when I make fried chicken.

Doggone it, I'm drooling!:chuckle:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Hmmm...The old tent is collapsing so I am not eating to keep it standing...

Appetizer---Corn chips with guacamole. CheezeIts
Dinner: Egg Plant Parmesan over succulent angel hair pasta smothered in butter.
Cheesy mashed potatoes.

Dessert: Extra dark Chocolate poured over blue berries and topped with whipped cream.

Drink: Mint Scnapps in chocolate.

Then a Cuban after dinner cigar.

Then I fly off to Heaven to await the marriage supper of the Lamb...:D

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do you ever fry them with cut up bacon and onions?

Lon

A plate sent over to any starving kid anywhere. I can leave this life hungry :up:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you ever fry them with cut up bacon and onions?

I've never cooked them that way. My grandmother did it the way I do. That's why I do it. :) But, they sound good with bacon and onions too.