toldailytopic: What does it take to survive on TOL, and can you predict those who wil

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
...and then there is always that "first stone thing"....

people like barbie always want to ignore the last part of that "first stone thing"

John 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

I've often pondered those words.

Is it possible to "sin no more"?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I have thought that Jesus meant the "sin" of which she was accused.

Yes, I've considered that as well.

But that begs the question of whether Jesus was giving her free reign to indulge in other sins.

Or whether we need to stop our sins only when they're exposed.

Neither seem likely.

and if Jesus did mean "go and commit adultery no more", what if the woman disobeyed?

bybee

Yes, I've considered that as well.

But that begs the question of whether Jesus was giving her free reign to indulge in other sins.

Or whether we need to stop our sins only when they're exposed.

Neither seem likely.

and if Jesus did mean "go and commit adultery no more", what if the woman disobeyed?

I disagree, respectfully.
Jesus, was addressing the sin of which she was accused. Two witnesses were not presented and that was a requirement of the Law. Also the man should have been brought before him also. This is a lesson in addressing exactly what has happened, that is staying with the specific accusation and not dragging in anything extraneous to it.
If the woman disobeyed she would have to answer for that disobedience in due time.
There is her lesson to be learned and also the lesson which we as witnesses are expected to learn. Jesus gives the sinner a chance to confess, show contrition and be forgiven. Judgment of the woman was taken away from her accusers and shown to rest solely in the hands of God.
This is a facinating topic and I am open to instruction.

Gurucam

God does. And we are called to be an imitation of Christ. If He is willing to love us in spite of our sins, who am I to argue?

God does not love most people who are called to be Christians. He chose only a few.

If we take Jesus attitude to be that of God. Then God's attitude is 'let the dead bury their dead'. Seems that neither Jesus nor God is willing to love all.

Don't want to obey God? Don't want to let the dead bury their dead? You want to love the dead instead?

Trying to love every one seems impractical, if not ungodly. Seems that Jesus and God is telling us to be careful of who we love. They seem to be saying, love only the few, the chosen few.

To promote that one must love all seems highly antichrist.​

Last edited:

Gurucam

I have thought that Jesus meant the "sin" of which she was accused.

Did she sin in the first place?

Seems that she sin only if the prevailing idea of the time is that she sin. Without human accusers there is nothing.

Sound like in a court of law. May be this is what the law and sin is all about. They were given because there was no court of law.

Gurucam

God is not willing that any may perish but that all should come to repentance.

Seems that one must take some action. However if they don't then God will drop them like unloved children. God does not love all although He might like to love all.

At the end of the day only a few are chosen by God, the great majority are left to be burred by their own kind.

Shouldn't this Truth be well told instead of the 'sweet and nice' misguided idea that God loves all?

God love a cheerful giver. Is it that God does not love those who are not cheerful givers? Most people grip about giving.​

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.