toldailytopic: TV Evangelists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What a bunch of goofballs!

Clappy happy hand raising, go to church to howl like a wild banshees and this is communing with God? :nono: This is goofing around and being silly. If this is the new church movement, I can see why it attracts people, as many folks would rather monkey around, as if evolution had some truth to it.

Call me snooty or uptight, but I would have stood up and said, "This is not how to worship God!" I bet you do not believe I would do it, yet I am sure I would have done it.

csuguy

TV Evangelists are just in it for the money. Their bible studies are quite boring - and everything about them just comes off as fake!

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Most TV evangelists are a comedy goldmine. Especially when they get caught breaking a law or two. Every time I see one I'm reminded of the song "Jesus, he knows me" by Genesis.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do people ask your brother-in-law why he's driving Jerry Falwell around?

I'm not sure if many people ask my brother-in-law much of anything, when they do in turns into his, "You know what's wrong with you?" session.

I saw a recent picture of this brother-in-law and his wife (Mrs Psalmist sister), it caused to think that they were in a Christian look-alike contest for Howard and Vestal Goodman, Vestal's handkerchief and all.​

Paulos

Here's my personal favorite regarding "Rev." Jerry Falwell:

falwell_moon_cropped.jpg

That's a photo of Falwell with Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the false prophet from South Korea who claims he is the second coming of Jesus Christ--nay, even bigger than Christ. Why was Falwell smiling? It seems they had just struck a very lucrative financial arrangement. Sure, Moon is a false prophet, but what's a little false prophecy among "reverends", especially when there's big money at stake?

Here's my personal favorite regarding "Rev." Jerry Falwell:

falwell_moon_cropped.jpg

That's a photo of Falwell with Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the false prophet from South Korea who claims he is the second coming of Jesus Christ--nay, even bigger than Christ. Why was Falwell smiling? It seems they had just struck a very lucrative financial arrangement. Sure, Moon is a false prophet, but what's a little false prophecy among "reverends", especially when there's big money at stake?

Good thing Jesus is Lord, and not any of these lunatics.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: toldailytopic: TV Evangelists.

bybee said:
Why do you say that? bybee :confused:
Hi, bybee. I hope you're well.

She's part of the same word of faith, seed sowing, prosperity gospel, name-it-and-claim-it movement as Copeland and many others. Not nearly as flamboyant as many of them, but she teaches false doctrine, for sure.

bybee

I see

I see

Hi, bybee. I hope you're well.

She's part of the same word of faith, seed sowing, prosperity gospel, name-it-and-claim-it movement as Copeland and many others. Not nearly as flamboyant as many of them, but she teaches false doctrine, for sure.

The "seed sowing" blood suckers make my skin crawl! Honestly, I have not seen that side with Joyce Meyers. I trust your judgment though. Still she says things in a way that resonates with me. peace, bybee

bybee

Well

Well

Good thing Jesus is Lord, and not any of these lunatics.

If they were lunatics we could deal with them accordingly. But, they are hi/lo cunning as my dad used to say and you just have be a little more cunning to get ahead of them. But, they get their just deserts. Look at Fantasyland or Wonderland or Gimme your wallet land that Jim and TammyFaye created. It is no more. peace, bybee

Paulos

If they were lunatics we could deal with them accordingly. But, they are hi/lo cunning as my dad used to say and you just have be a little more cunning to get ahead of them.

Jesus said something similar: "Be ye as wise as serpents, and as harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16)

--It's the only way to avoid being scammed by these con-artists who claim to be ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.