toldailytopic: TV Evangelists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 19th, 2010 10:44 AM

toldailytopic: TV Evangelists.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like Frederick Price. He teaches people that Jesus was rich, and "that's why I drive a Rolls Royce."

Anyone who can say stuff like that and have an audience as big as his...must be doing something right. :noid:

SaulToPaul 2

I like Frederick Price. He teaches people that Jesus was rich, and "that's why I drive a Rolls Royce."

Anyone who can say stuff like that and have an audience as big as his...must be doing something right. :noid:

it's Apostle Price, now....the Apostle of Faith.

:chuckle:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Sweet!

Hey, I'd sincerely like to know if there's anyone around here who thinks Benny Hinn's "ministry" is a good one. And why.

Anyone?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They all seem to be Pentecostals and drive Rolls Royce's at the same time. Strange coincidence. I guess they don't believe in the communal living while awaiting the return of the King.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They all seem to be Pentecostals and drive Rolls Royce's at the same time. Strange coincidence. I guess they don't believe in the communal living while awaiting the return of the King.

True! They could fit a lot of poor brethren in those sprawling estates they have. Or sell them, in accordance with Jesus' command in Luke 12 and according to the example of the brethren in Acts 2 and Acts 4, to support a boat load of brethren in need.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jerry Falwell drove a Chevy Truck (Suburban) for a long time. Just thought I would mention it.

The Berean

Jerry Falwell drove a Chevy Truck (Suburban) for a long time. Just thought I would mention it.

Well, obviously, Falwell didn't have enough faith to given a faith offering and see his financial blessings increase 100X. :chuckle:

grebe

He's not around anymore but I used to get a kick out of watching Dr. Gene Scott's rants. Completely filled two big white boards with undecipherable heiroglyphics and showed home videos of horses, or something.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Les Feldick has a great Bible study on tv. That's the only one I like. He doesn't really fit the typical televangelist mold tho.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:singer:

Friends, before you comment further I'm going to ask you to put your hands against your PC or Mac monitor screen....just putt'em on up there, don't be shy....now then, friends, can you feel the warmth I have for you radiating against the palm of your hands? Can I get a "hey man!?" (*cue=HEY MAN!) Now some will try to tell you that feeling your havin now is in the natural world, friends, that it's a worldly, man made bit of nonsense and bio darn chemical even--but don't you believe it! Don't you lett'em fool you again! Nossir, not again. It's your turn now! (*)

Can you feel the tingle of excitement and joy all across that outstretched surface? Give me a hey man (*) and keep'em there, friends, pressed against the glass or plastic or whatever God given compound you have and ask yourself this question, friends, ask yourself "What have I done to deserve this? What in the world have I ever done to him to deserve this, this, this," I can only call it an outpouring friends, an overflowing of love, an abundant need to embrace you, to reach down into your despair...(*)...into your doubts and back pockets and give you relief! (*) Relief from the raging worry! (*) Relief from the fear of failure! (*) Relief from the pull of unkind misfortune (*) because you've felt it, friends, you've all felt it, seen it, been wounded by it and you said to yourself, you said to yourself, "If only I had spoken up or kept my dad blamed mouth shut!" (*) If only I had listened or turned away! (*) If only I'd have done what I should have (*) or stopped doing that other thing all together, well, none of this would have happened to me!...(*) Then friends let me tell you what I'm here to help you! (*) I'm here to uplift you! (*) I'm here to take that burden form you friend! No more self recrimination and doubt and fear and loathing and chasing after every step to find out where you missed your mark! (*) I'm here to tell you what to do! (*) I'm here to help you see it through! (*) Just give me the keys and let me drive you into the promised land! (*) And if you don't mind friends we'll stop off by the bank on the way in cause these tires don't pay for themselves, nossir!

"We interrupt this regularly scheduled program for a tv 12 Weather Bulletin..."

Status
Not open for further replies.