toldailytopic: TV Evangelists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here's my personal favorite regarding "Rev." Jerry Falwell:

falwell_moon_cropped.jpg

That's a photo of Falwell with Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the false prophet from South Korea who claims he is the second coming of Jesus Christ--nay, even bigger than Christ. Why was Falwell smiling? It seems they had just struck a very lucrative financial arrangement. Sure, Moon is a false prophet, but what's a little false prophecy among "reverends", especially when there's big money at stake?

Is he giving Falwell a physical or something?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't like a lot of televangelists. They seem to exploit people for financial gains. And of course most of them, if not all, are the charismatic or pentecostal ones. Not all TV preachers are like that though. Stanley has already been mentioned. Ed Young isn't like that. Even Joel Osteen isn't really like the "bad" ones. Although, "televangelist" might not be the proper term for them. :idunno:

The Graphite

Indeed, it is amazing how many people fall for that heretic and false prophet, Benny Hinn. :dizzy: :devil:

As for Hagin and Copeland, don't they know public drunkenness is a sin? :doh:

So far the only one I enjoy is Joyce Meyer.
Oh, the lady who has taught that you are going to hell unless you believe that Jesus was imprisoned in hell and tortured by Satan and had to be rescued by God the Father? Uhm, yeah. I guess I'm hell-bound. Joyce Meyers on "The Power of Words?" To her credit, I practiced that sort of thing for years. Using words of power to effect change in the world around you.

I called it Wicca.

If anyone wants to check out a TV evangelist who almost never asks for money (was even known to go a year, at one point, without asking for it), I encourage you to see if you can find Bob Enyart Live reruns ("televised classics") on your local station. At least here in Colorado, it airs every Saturday night at midnight! Informative and entertaining, and the man is infamous for avoiding asking for money, even to the point where the continuation of his minstry has been put in jeopardy a number of times, as a result.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Oh, the lady who has taught that you are going to hell unless you believe that Jesus was imprisoned in hell and tortured by Satan and had to be rescued by God the Father? Uhm, yeah. I guess I'm hell-bound.

A while back I saw a quote from someone, I forget who, who said that when Jesus was in hell he literally beat Satan up. This was slightly better though, in that, as far as I know, he didn't say you went to hell if you didn't believe it. But when I saw that quote, I was just speechless. :jawdrop:

Jesus must be quite the fighter. :box:

:chuckle:

The Graphite

A while back I saw a quote from someone, I forget who, who said that when Jesus was in hell he literally beat Satan up. This was slightly better though, in that, as far as I know, he didn't say you went to hell if you didn't believe it. But when I saw that quote, I was just speechless. :jawdrop:

Jesus must be quite the fighter. :box:

:chuckle:
I will be honest. I cannot prove that Meyers taught that. She no longer teaches it, and refuses to answer questions about whether she ever taught it. It was years ago. However, I have personally heard the words from her mouth, by way of a cassette tape sold by her ministry, of her doctrinal teaching. She stated that you MUST believe that in order to be saved.

If she repented of that teaching, that would be a wonderful thing. The fact that she refuses to acknowledge whether she ever did (despite the fact that there are people out there who still have possession of those tapes and can prove it) is disconcerting and very much to her discredit. It demonstrates dishonesty and hypocrisy, to say the least.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Indeed, it is amazing how many people fall for that heretic and false prophet, Benny Hinn. :dizzy: :devil:

As for Hagin and Copeland, don't they know public drunkenness is a sin? :doh:

Oh, the lady who has taught that you are going to hell unless you believe that Jesus was imprisoned in hell and tortured by Satan and had to be rescued by God the Father? Uhm, yeah. I guess I'm hell-bound. Joyce Meyers on "The Power of Words?" To her credit, I practiced that sort of thing for years. Using words of power to effect change in the world around you.

I called it Wicca.

If anyone wants to check out a TV evangelist who almost never asks for money (was even known to go a year, at one point, without asking for it), I encourage you to see if you can find Bob Enyart Live reruns ("televised classics") on your local station. At least here in Colorado, it airs every Saturday night at midnight! Informative and entertaining, and the man is infamous for avoiding asking for money, even to the point where the continuation of his minstry has been put in jeopardy a number of times, as a result.

lol oh yeah, I like Bob too! Bob Enyart and Les Feldick are great, I can do without the rest quite easily I think. :)

Joyce Meyer is not near as in-your-face money grubbing, but she teaches some very sketchy stuff. I do not dislike her as much as I dislike Mike Murdock or Benny Hinn, but she is not someone I care at all to listen to.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't forget . . . R. W. Schambach.

I remember when he was hustling for TBN, and he said the told him to the viewers to send $7000 each in order to get the "Blessing", and he did; but also stated that the Lord told him, if it was less anything less than $7000 that they should keep that the Lord didn't need it. And Paul Crouch was "Amen brother" the whole time Schanbach was talking.​

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: toldailytopic: TV Evangelists.

I remember that, Psalmist. He said a little old lady called in to give everything she had, which was only a couple thousand. He said he told her: "Woman! Keep ya money!"

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I remember that, Psalmist. He said a little old lady called in to give everything she had, which was only a couple thousand. He said he told her: "Woman! Keep ya money!"

Right, that was it . . . I thought :confused:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is pretty funny when you think about how appropriate some of their names are.

-SHAMbach
-Price
-Dollar

Almost as if it's a built-in mockery of them.

What are some other ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.