toldailytopic: TV Evangelists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I've always enjoyed Pastor Arnold Murray from Shepherds Chapel.

The rest I either know nothing about or can't stand. Money money money!!!!

El pastor Arnold Murray tiene la actitud equivocada acerca de la diferencia humana; la oveja no sabe al pastor. El él tiene la actitud de puerco en la granja animal

Alate_One

In general if I turn on TBN in general or catch any televangelist, I just cringe.

I dunno whether Benny Hinn or Crystal Cathedral is worse. :madmad:

I do like Charles Stanley. I like Alistair Begg too though I've only caught him on radio rather than TV.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think John Hagee and Rod Parsley are terrible actors. They would never make it in Hollywood.

I have seen them both . . .

I think John Hagee is afraid of Isaiah and the word "We" - Hagee is always putting forth, "You people."

Rod Parsley, it takes him too long to get to the punch line, "Send me the money."

I don't watch either of them, enough said​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like Frederick Price. He teaches people that Jesus was rich, and "that's why I drive a Rolls Royce."

Anyone who can say stuff like that and have an audience as big as his...must be doing something right. :noid:

I have some friends who follow Frederick K. C. Price to the letter, they drive a '74 Pontiac Bonneville.​

elohiym

I'm just not familiar enough with all of them to comment more than this: the ones I've seen appear to be false prophets for profits.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Sweet!

Hey, I'd sincerely like to know if there's anyone around here who thinks Benny Hinn's "ministry" is a good one. And why.

Anyone?

I think he is questionable, so I have nothing to say.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, no one is as good as Creflo Dollar! Is that even his real last name?

Didn't Creflo Dollar defy the IRS about an audit. Well that made a lot of cents.​

The only "TV preacher" I enjoy watching is Charles Stanley.

Charles Stanley does a good job. I have seen him a few times.​

Last edited:

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mike Murdock has the widsom keys...and a cool dye job on his hair & beard.

I saw him once, and once was enough. Mike Murdock uses a paperback something to reference or preach from, some say he is rude and arrogant. Maybe he should have been a farmer, literally.​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jerry Falwell drove a Chevy Truck (Suburban) for a long time. Just thought I would mention it.

I have a brother-in-law who drives a Toyota that could pass for Jerry Falwell. But this brother-in-law who is an associate pastor has a different attitude, he likes tell to his wife, "You need to submit, sit down and dummy up."​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He's not around anymore but I used to get a kick out of watching Dr. Gene Scott's rants. Completely filled two big white boards with undecipherable heiroglyphics and showed home videos of horses, or something.

euGene Scott wrote a real good lesson on Psalm 84, it is oop. Other than that I don't much about him, I know he was a part Harold Sala's ministry (Guideline's for Living) until there was a division and difference, the two men never spoke again. Shortly after that Scott went on TV with his cigar smoking, swearing you better listen rantings.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: TV Evangelists.

As you can see, I have made several post about TV Evangelists.

It seems that they have learned well about showmanship, and put forth less about discipleship; as for the money issue, where the gimmicks abound, so do the profits.

I try not to be judgmental, since I too will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ to answer for myself.

I don't watch them, and I'm sure there are a few good ones who deliver the truth of the Gospel, who are not profiteering from it in any way.

Most of what I have heard while growing up and now on the radio, over the years the likes of C. M. Ward, John D. Jess, The Haven of Rest, etc.

I like to hear Alistair Begg, and Charles Swindoll, but that is on the radio.

branch

The real question I have, is why do so many people flock to them? I suppose they get caught up in the emotion.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Whacked in the annointing."
"In Jesus' name, be drunk on the glory."
:rotfl:

That toker was sure whacked out on something.

Paulos

Jerry Falwell drove a Chevy Truck (Suburban) for a long time. Just thought I would mention it.

Jerry Falwell may have been cheap on cars, but he was expensive on bathing suits:

jfalwell.jpg

That's a photo of him in a three-piece suit going down the water slide at Jim and Tammy Faye Baker's theme park.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sadly, this is huge movement among charismatics, through such men as John Crowder Here

I saw a video of Kenneth Hagin preaching on what happened at Pentecost. His explanation for why some men said the apostles were drunk: "Because they ACTED like drunks." He proceeded to start laughing, getting his whole stupid audience (including Kenneth Copeland who was on the front row) to start cackling like chickens, and chanting "Drunk Again!" over and over to get them going.

You're right...it's very said. If you have the stomach, you can see it here:
Kenneth Hagin is an Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.