toldailytopic: The Catholic Church: what did they get right, and what did they get wr

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You didn't get it. I was going to say "that's the same thing I say about ASC," but then he just so happened to post something praising Cruciform's utter inability to think for himself, so I didn't even need to say "ASC."

:doh: :eek: My bad.

bybee

Your priest can't save you (Prov 17:15). :eek:linger:

"We have different authorities, we believe different gospels, we worship different Christs, we are led by different spirits and we are on different paths to eternity..." Full text: Roman Catholicism

Are you really that fatuous? Or are you simply mean-spirited?
Of course, perhaps, you are merely gaseous!

Granite

Hall of Fame
I give no value to your appraisal of anything.

Yes; ASC's posts are always worthless.

It's useful to point out that the Catholic Church is morally illegitmate and without any leg to stand on whatsoever thanks to its conspiracy to perpetuate and hide the reality of torture and rape.

patricius79

Right: Doctrine, universities, hospitals, monastic communities, unity.

Wrong: The grasp for worldly power and the crusades (The sword of the Christian is the word of God and the transforming love of Christ). Extreme hierarchy, not all hierarchy is bad but I think the council of bishops would be enough. Maybe a little too attached to Hellenistic philosophy.

All in all the Catholic church gets way more harsh criticism than they deserve, mostly due to rather distorted views of certain parts of history.

I agree, except with the part about not needing the Office of St. Peter, if that's what you mean

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes; ASC's posts are always worthless.

It's useful to point out that the Catholic Church is morally illegitmate and without any leg to stand on whatsoever thanks to its conspiracy to perpetuate and hide the reality of torture and rape.

That whole debacle is definitely another notch on the "wrong" side.

Wait for it....wait for it.....chrys is going to tell us to get over it. It's history. And Trad is going to say it doesn't diminish the Catholic Church in any way, it was just some individuals who belong to the Church. :plain:

some other dude

And somebody is bound to post links to Fred Phelps, or pastors who have abused children, or atheists who murdered hundreds of millions.

The Roman Catholic Church is an organization made up of human beings. Flawed human beings. They are bound to make mistakes, especially when you consider their size.

patricius79

And somebody is bound to post links to Fred Phelps, or pastors who have abused children, or atheists who murdered hundreds of millions.

The Roman Catholic Church is an organization made up of human beings. Flawed human beings. They are bound to make mistakes, especially when you consider their size.

true.

the real way of verifying is prayer

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
That whole debacle is definitely another notch on the "wrong" side.

Wait for it....wait for it.....chrys is going to tell us to get over it. It's history. And Trad is going to say it doesn't diminish the Catholic Church in any way, it was just some individuals who belong to the Church. :plain:

I think you understand perfectly. The sole claim to moral legitimacy that the Church has is Jesus Christ Himself. Nothing that any particular person in the Catholic Church can do either can detract from or add to it. It is not without significance that the priest, holding up the Eucharist at mass, says to the congregation: "Ecce agnus Dei! Ecce qui tolit peccata mundi."

Behold the lamb of God. Behold Him who takes away the sins of the world.

Cruciform

...the Catholic Church is morally illegitmate and without any leg to stand on whatsoever thanks to its conspiracy to perpetuate and hide the reality of torture and rape.
Already answered, for example in Post #96 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Granite

Hall of Fame
Already answered, for example in Post #96 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

That doesn't answer the reality of what your church does, and is doing, and will apparently continue to do, at all.

The Church aids and abets the rape of children across the globe.

Cruciform

That doesn't answer the reality of what your church does, and is doing, and will apparently continue to do, at all. The Church aids and abets the rape of children across the globe.
:sigh:...

This has already been hashed out on other threads, yet you continue to make the same rational errors in this matter. To point out the obvious one more time: the recent clergy sex scandal has involved less than 2% of priests in the Catholic Church. This means that more than 98% of Catholic priests never committed such crimes, and should not be painted with the same brush as those who actually did commit these acts. Much less should the Catholic Church as a whole be condemned on the basis of the personal sins of a tiny portion of its clergy. Moreover, this percentage among Catholic priests represents a number much smaller than the clergy in other, non-Catholic, denominations and sects. Your anti-Catholic zeal has simply taken you beyond the bounds of a reasonable or rational critique.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you really that fatuous? Or are you simply mean-spirited?
Of course, perhaps, you are merely gaseous!

Was Paul mean spirited when he was full of the Holy Spirit and said somebody was full of fraud and deceit, and an enemy of righteousness? Remember, that person, like many on TOL are repeat offenders of fraud. Some in the thousands. Like 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.