toldailytopic: For those unsaved. If it turns out you were wrong and you face God in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
And I was trying to match with equally ridiculous questions about your made up fantasy stuff. I had nothing better to do at the time. However, I still want to know how you knew that your invisible unicorn was pink.

I know she is pink, non-believers will be ground under her holy hooves.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
There's no self-deception to reinforce. I live for myself and I am free.

Famous last words. You are free from God's moral restraints, but not free from the consequences of breaking them.

This is the truth:

Rom. 3:23; Heb. 2:15 vs Rev. 1:17-18; Jn. 8:36

(you are under a spell and will go to hell if things don't gel)

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Famous last words. You are free from God's moral restraints, but not free from the consequences of breaking them.

Unless, of course, those consequences never happen. Then it's simply idle threats.

This is the truth:

Rom. 3:23; Heb. 2:15 vs Rev. 1:17-18; Jn. 8:36

(you are under a spell and will go to hell if things don't gel)

If it is the truth, prove it to be true.

Skavau

godrulz said:
If you had cancer, you would appreciate the cure.
Not if God imposed cancer on me and demanded the surrender of my faculties and morality in order to be cured of it.

You have a curse of sin and death. We have the cure in the blood of Jesus.
A curse imposed by God. A cure that is at best incoherent (based on what you believe), and at worst solves nothing.

Again: Why are Muslims not accepted for their honesty? Why is any monotheist who honestly believes that they are worshiping the one true God not accepted for their honesty? There are those that believe that they are cured, through a different system.

If you want to perish, God will let you, but He has done everything He can so you don't have to.
Whether or not I want to perish is irrelevant. I certainly don't want to be tortured forever and that is what you and others claim God will do to those who do not obey. It is a smear to suggest that I or any non-christian wants to perish. It is especially absurd when it references Muslims. Do you honestly believe that Muslims want to perish?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Unless, of course, those consequences never happen. Then it's simply idle threats.

If it is the truth, prove it to be true.

The historical resurrection of Christ proves His words true. The evidence is out there, but you would probably rather watch sit coms.

You guys don't want to perish, yet you refuse to take seriously the revelation of God on these issues. If I knew I had a problem and there was a solution, I would be pursuing it, not ignoring it.

Charity

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 1st, 2011 08:34 AM

toldailytopic: For those unsaved. If it turns out you were wrong and you face God in judgment what will be your defense?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Im sure God has a bigger view than us!

such as; is this all is about being saved, ones actions, an those willing to except free gifts?

Im picturing a court room, You can't Judge the people that would not have known anything first, least the prophets, government an leaders distribute an deliver the message truthfully first.

I think it kinda say's the false prophets burned first. there as, they destroy faithful hearts taking them in the end, with false evidence an words.

objection my Lord?

Is Judgement about stupidity?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
The historical resurrection of Christ proves His words true. The evidence is out there, but you would probably rather watch sit coms.

Insults do wonders for your credibility. Tell me, does your god want you to be arrogant and condescending? Is it a requirement? Can I be a nice, decent and respectful person and still be saved?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Insults do wonders for your credibility. Tell me, does your god want you to be arrogant and condescending? Is it a requirement? Can I be a nice, decent and respectful person and still be saved?

Humble apologies. Yes, being saved means being like Jesus. I am just losing patience with your ignorant arrogance.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
There is a huge communication disconnect between christian and non christian on this thread. One of the biggest issues i see being raised by the atheists is that of eternal torture and whose eternal agony is richly enjoyed by a monstrous god. I am not inclined to believe in eternal torture inflicted on the non believer by an outside agent. I believe that any eternal agony will be solely the natural result of the souls seperation from God. That seperation itself is what causes the agony and not some eternal open fire grill.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
I have come to believe that there isnt a literal lake full of flames. It is merely a literary allusion to the suffering that results from the souls seperation from God. The soulis not in torment today because God is at work in the sould of every human alive today and speaks into his mind though they do not recognize it as such. They think all thoughts are their own. God keeps all men sane to a relative degree. Take God's influence away from the soul of men and pure agony is sure to ensue.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
There is a huge communication disconnect between christian and non christian on this thread. One of the biggest issues i see being raised by the atheists is that of eternal torture and whose eternal agony is richly enjoyed by a monstrous god. I am not inclined to believe in eternal torture inflicted on the non believer by an outside agent. I believe that any eternal agony will be solely the natural result of the souls seperation from God. That seperation itself is what causes the agony and not some eternal open fire grill.

God does not delight in the death of the wicked and is grieved. However, in His righteousness, He does mock mockers and does not apologize for doing the right thing with sinner and saint. His love is vast. We are fools if we presume on it or reject it. God has a broken heart, more than you will ever know. Hell is also not a medieval torture chamber but a place of separation from God (we don't need devil pitchforks for it to be a place of anguish/torment).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
An imaginary cure for a made-up disease, all sold by the same people. Convenient.
Said the deep jungle tribesman to some lunatic in a white coat with a needle and a dark bag while trembling as all in his long lived tribe did before their natural death at fifty. :think:

Okay, you have to ignore the language part to make it work, but... :D

OK, let's hear the evidence, clearly spelled out. Do you have anything at all besides what it says in your holy book?
And by holy book you mean the series of testimonials written years apart and gathered together as a sort of witness? :rolleyes:

Arguing the historical existence of Jesus is a sad business, but inevitable, I suppose. It's counter intuitive relative to the claims and growth of the religion in the relatively uncrowded, backwater region where it began and has only been the fringe cry of a few looking for something like academic distinction unavailable to them else or another reason to justify their apostasy or want of address of the more pressing matter.

Silent Hunter

And by holy book you mean the series of testimonials written years apart and gathered together as a sort of witness?
. . . "testimonials" are written by eye witnesses to an event . . . not so the Bible. In the entire "New" Testament there are NO eye witness accounts of/to Jesus . . . NONE.

Last edited:

Skavau

voltaire said:
There is a huge communication disconnect between christian and non christian on this thread. One of the biggest issues i see being raised by the atheists is that of eternal torture and whose eternal agony is richly enjoyed by a monstrous god. I am not inclined to believe in eternal torture inflicted on the non believer by an outside agent. I believe that any eternal agony will be solely the natural result of the souls seperation from God.
There is no getting away from this. If the souls separation from God results in the 'host' being subjected to eternal agony then God is immoral for allowing this to continue. By setting up God as the ultimate divine creator and arbiter of the universe then he has to be responsible for our state either through control or apathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.