The Wrath of God

God's Truth

You said Jesus spoke of bitter roots when actually it is Paul...so I wished to correct your sloppiness...

Paul spoke what Jesus had him speak.

And bring to mind that a bitter root wishes to do less not more for Him...

A bitter root is a Judaizer.

to minimize what He did for them...not fully appreciated and wishing to show gratitude for all which was done but go it alone...
What?

In sum a bitter root produces bitter fruit...bitter quarrelsome lazy stubborn fruit...fruit just not quite right...lol

You are the bitter root trying to be a Judaizer.

God's Truth

Was actually agreeing with you...except for your inference the Jew had to make a righteous act...the OT was always faith first and the Jew did the act because of the faith...Isaiah stated as much that they had become sinners and all they did was like filthy rags...

No, the old law was NOT based on faith.

A Jew could have faith and obey the purification works, or a Jew could obey and not have faith.

See the law was NOT based on faith.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

God did not like it that a Jew could sin, give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for their sin.

God said He was going to make a new Covenant.

The new Covenant would be based on faith.

When Jesus came to make the new Covenant, God cut off and hardened all the Jews who did not already have faith.

Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God by faith.

clefty

Paul spoke what Jesus had him speak.
well from now on then please continue saying “Jesus said” whenever any apostle or disciple or donkey for that matter speaks...

A bitter root is a Judaizer.
maybe could be...not sure you know what either means...bitter or root...haha

yup

You are the bitter root trying to be a Judaizer.

Is marriage for jews only too?...The Sabbath was instituted about the same time as marriage...

So the Sabbath, the dietary regulations nor circumcision was for Jews only...nor is salvation

Are you or are you not grafted in...adopted into....a citizen of Israel?

Your fruits will reveal...

clefty

No, the old law was NOT based on faith.
sure it was

A Jew could have faith and obey the purification works, or a Jew could obey and not have faith.
ummm ok...

See the law was NOT based on faith.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."
yes it is...but it is not faith ALONE as the persons who DOES these things will live...

God did not like it that a Jew could sin, give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for their sin.
ummm yeah ok...but by that you also mean sin was still everywhere and all over and inside His people and His Name was not worshipped but profaned amongst the nations...

God said He was going to make a new Covenant.
yup as sin still existed

The new Covenant would be based on faith.
yup...as was the one made to those who had faith to leave Egypt and follow their God into the wilderness...

When Jesus came to make the new Covenant, God cut off and hardened all the Jews who did not already have faith.

Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God by faith.
...as I recall He came for the lost sheep of Israel...first to those of the old covenant...and then christened in the New Covenant with a toast to a room full of Jews who EVEN AFTER He signed the contract with His blood and sealed it with His death...hurried to keep the Sabbath...

Jesus even saying later to keep celebrating the passover festival with new unleavened bread of spirit and truth...

clefty

We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. A good witness will have a life that will backup what he believes.

HalleluYah Marhig!!! Ya dun it again...he admits a good witness will have a life changed and testifying of Him His Way...more LIKE HIM less like the world...

faith compels works the fruits

marhig

The shedding of blood was demanded by the Law...yet menstrual blood is involuntary as natural biological function...thus futile in earning righteousness by Law

We are sinners everything we do is unclean naturally full of sin...thus any act or symbol to achieve/earn/deserve righteousness is by Law futile even “dirty” as the monthly issue is NOT by choice thus not symbolic of moral innocence

We are saved as a gift we choose to receive...made righteous prior our understanding of it even of our need of it by the only blood which appeased the Wrath

Again the passover lamb blood was blood spilt AFTER they chose to believe this god was their god and was coming to kill...Yah already saw them as His people in need of freedom but He demanded they see themselves as the same ...to do so was by obedience to His will...by choosing to spill blood because they believed and obeyed...believed He was God and their God and He should be obeyed...

The law demands death/blood...a substitute blood was spilt in Eden to cover them...a substitute blood was spilt in Egypt and in the wilderness and the final substitute blood was spilt at the cross...and will cover us on the final day of Wrath as the only appeasing blood...not any blood spilt involuntarily

Hope that clarifies...a little ha
Wow I'll have to take time and go over that :)

I remember seeing this

The menstrual cloth is used because a woman pours out the blood every month, the woman is like that church, the blood is a picture of sin, but once she conceives a child the blood stops. I see that this is when we have Christ in our hearts, then the blood stops, (we turn from sin) and the as the child grows naturally a woman suffers, and this is the same with Christ in the heart, as the life of Christ becomes stronger within our hearts, we partake in his sufferings, travail as in childbirth to bring forth the child, we suffer to bring Christ to others with the hope that they will hear the truth and believe.

Naturally in the old testament, the animal is put to death, the blood is poured out, and then it is roasted by fire before we can eat of it. Spiritually this is like those who belong to God, but they become a living sacrifice, they die to self, and as they die their blood is poured out, (their sins leave them as Christ by the Spirit helps them to overcome showing them their sin daily) then they are tried and tested by fire and then once we receive the Spirit, we are strengthened and Christs blood cleanses us and flows through us and justifies us and we are then able to feed others with the word of God.

I thought I'd share this with you, I don't normally share the deeper things of God here because they get mocked. Thanks for reading :)

marhig

HalleluYah Marhig!!! Ya dun it again...he admits a good witness will have a life changed and testifying of Him His Way...more LIKE HIM less like the world...

faith compels works the fruits
I can never understand when people say that there are no works, we are to always be ready to do the works of God and to please God. We should always put him before ourselves and be ready to do his will.

clefty

Wow I'll have to take time and go over that :)

I remember seeing this

The menstrual cloth is used because a woman pours out the blood every month, the woman is like that church, the blood is a picture of sin, but once she conceives a child the blood stops. I see that this is when we have Christ in our hearts, then the blood stops, (we turn from sin) and the as the child grows naturally a woman suffers, and this is the same with Christ in the heart, as the life of Christ becomes stronger within our hearts, we partake in his sufferings, travail as in childbirth to bring forth the child, we suffer to bring Christ to others with the hope that they will hear the truth and believe.
nice...citation needed ha

The horror then so many churches miscarry or even abort He Who in them grows...

I also enjoy the metaphor as the woman struggles she loses herself to the growing child within her that biologically and literally parasites on her...lol...

The church is finally replaced by the Child...”here is my mother” He said of His disciples...”Whoever does the will of My Father in heaven” (see NOT just believes in Me)

Naturally in the old testament, the animal is put to death, the blood is poured out, and then it is roasted by fire before we can eat of it. Spiritually this is like those who belong to God, but they become a living sacrifice, they die to self, and as they die their blood is poured out, (their sins leave them as Christ by the Spirit helps them to overcome showing them their sin daily) then they are tried and tested by fire and then once we receive the Spirit, we are strengthened and Christs blood cleanses us and flows through us and justifies us and we are then able to feed others with the word of God.
This kinda breaks down at the end...

It merits further discussion of what Sacrifice meant/means:

“The atoning aspect of qorbanot(sin sacrifice)is carefully circumscribed. For the most part, qorbanot only expiate unintentional sins, that is, sins committed because a person forgot that this thing was a sin...and for the most part, qorbanot cannot atone for a malicious, deliberate sin. In addition, qorbanot have no expiating effect unless the person making the offering sincerely repents of his actions before making the offering, and makes restitution to any person harmed by his sin.”

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/qorbanot.htm

That right there should make the christian pause...

Heb 10:26 itself refutes much teaching...namely we still can sin after receiving the truth...and that intentional sin has no sacrifice...we will account for it...

oh the holiness by which we are and can live...NOT AT ALL LIKE THE WORLD...we are not received but hated by it...for having His Name

Knowing Christians who feel His forgiveness cancels their obligation to MAKE RIGHT is disheartening never mind seeing they live as if there was continuous grace sufficient for any of their persistent and intended rebellion...we still havent recovered from the Papist teaching it will advocate for us TO CHRIST with appeals to His mother for leverage...lol

Back to the shared “analogy” we are to die completely...this is what feeds Him and us as priests and strangely our families and loved ones...of course my wife and loved ones have been fed by what I sacrificed in terms of sins and vice...offered voluntarily...they benefit when I gave up alcohol etc...

Our “flesh carcasses” feed Him too...it brings Him pleasure to see us die daily of our sinful ways...in gratitude...

“then they are tried and tested by fire and then once we receive the Spirit, we are strengthened and Christs blood cleanses us and flows through us and justifies us and we are then able to feed others with the word of God.”

Just needs a little something I think...but the intention is understood...

I thought I'd share this with you, I don't normally share the deeper things of God here because they get mocked. Thanks for reading :)
Thanks for sharing...rare feeling reading something outside scripture and going “hey I agree with this”...for the most part...lol

Thanks again and in your constant walk may He lead and on your daily sacrifice may He feed...

clefty

I can never understand when people say that there are no works, we are to always be ready to do the works of God and to please God. We should always put him before ourselves and be ready to do his will.

Yes a yoke which is easy and a burden which is light is still a yoke and burden...”For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”...and He comes with a reward for that good work glorifying the Father...a slave to Him

Gratefully too we still have a Sabbath keeping...to enter a day of rest as He did so long ago in Eden...

My poor co workers were required to go into work today...I am grateful for my gift and country of laws which allow me my time off...(of course I try to make it up during the week ugh)

Satan has done much damage adding an additional day off to spoil what we feel every Friday...that TGIF feeling...the feeling your body demands a Sabbath day...

For awhile there we did work 10 hour days 6 day weeks and by Fridays everyone wanted rest...

God's Truth

well from now on then please continue saying “Jesus said” whenever any apostle or disciple or donkey for that matter speaks...

maybe could be...not sure you know what either means...bitter or root...haha

yup

Is marriage for jews only too?...The Sabbath was instituted about the same time as marriage...

So the Sabbath, the dietary regulations nor circumcision was for Jews only...nor is salvation

Are you or are you not grafted in...adopted into....a citizen of Israel?

Your fruits will reveal...

You have many troubles when you don't know God's Word.

You are a Judaizer and as such have fallen from grace, IF you had ever had it, which it is doubtful from your fruits and what you say.

No wonder you speak ill about Paul.

God's Truth

sure it was

ummm ok...

yes it is...but it is not faith ALONE as the persons who DOES these things will live...

ummm yeah ok...but by that you also mean sin was still everywhere and all over and inside His people and His Name was not worshipped but profaned amongst the nations...

yup as sin still existed

yup...as was the one made to those who had faith to leave Egypt and follow their God into the wilderness...

...as I recall He came for the lost sheep of Israel...first to those of the old covenant...and then christened in the New Covenant with a toast to a room full of Jews who EVEN AFTER He signed the contract with His blood and sealed it with His death...hurried to keep the Sabbath...

Jesus even saying later to keep celebrating the passover festival with new unleavened bread of spirit and truth...

I think you are trying desperately to protect all your error.

You went against the scripture that plainly says the law WAS NOT BASED ON FAITH.

You are against the truth and I hope that you will repent one day and soon.

While you are contemplating your beliefs, go study about the Jews who were cut off and hardened. Not all Jews were cut off and hardened but many were. There was a remnant saved.

clefty

You have many troubles when you don't know God's Word.
now what?

You are a Judaizer and as such have fallen from grace, IF you had ever had it, which it is doubtful from your fruits and what you say.
you still havent shown where I am so I doubt you even know what it is...is ok they tried to slander Paul with false witnesses claiming he taught the law was changed...you merely continue that tradition...which jews started...the irony

No wonder you speak ill about Paul.
I dont...I understand when he says “yet the law is not of faith” but works resulting from that faith...the man who DOES them shall live...not just 9/10 either...

clefty

I think you are trying desperately to protect all your error.

You went against the scripture that plainly says the law WAS NOT BASED ON FAITH.

You are against the truth and I hope that you will repent one day and soon.

While you are contemplating your beliefs, go study about the Jews who were cut off and hardened. Not all Jews were cut off and hardened but many were. There was a remnant saved.

My error? Faith came first then obedience...obedience merely strengthened and revealed faith...

But the law was not based on faith alone...which law you kept demonstrated the faith you had...and well you have 9/10ths faith...when it is clear keep my commandments if you love Him...

God's Truth

now what?

you still havent shown where I am so I doubt you even know what it is...is ok they tried to slander Paul with false witnesses claiming he taught the law was changed...you merely continue that tradition...which jews started...the irony

I dont...I understand when he says “yet the law is not of faith” but works resulting from that faith...the man who DOES them shall live...not just 9/10 either...

Paul spoke the scriptures. You go against Paul and Jesus Christ himself.

A judaizer is one who tried to talk people into things like observing special days and adhering to a dietary law.

God's Truth

My error? Faith came first then obedience...obedience merely strengthened and revealed faith...
Obedience can come first. See John 7:17.
But the law was not based on faith alone...
The scripture does NOT say that.

You are adding to the scripture.

which law you kept demonstrated the faith you had...and well you have 9/10ths faith...when it is clear keep my commandments if you love Him...

Jesus fulfilled the purification works of the law. You need to stop telling people we have to do them.

clefty

Paul spoke the scriptures.
lived it too...took a vow to prove his faithfulness to it...having changed nothing
You go against Paul and Jesus Christ himself.
both Paul and the One he copied kept Sabbath and the festivals...

A judaizer is one who tried to talk people into things like observing special days and adhering to a dietary law.

Sabbath is His Holy day sanctified by Him...given to man not just jews...other festival days were not given just to jews but to His people Israel the church in the wilderness...are you Israel? Grafted in? Citizen of His nation of priests keeping His commandments NOT JUST 9/10 and living the faith OF His Son? Loving as He loved you...JUST ASHE LOVED YOU?

Last edited:

God's Truth

lived it too...took a vow to prove his faithfulness to it...having changed nothing both Paul and the One he copied kept Sabbath and the festivals...
Paul obeyed the old ceremonial law because the temple was still standing and he didn't want to get arrested.

Sabbath is His Holy day sanctified by Him...given to man not just jews...other festival days were not given just to jews but to His people Israel the church in the wilderness...are you Israel? Grafted in? Citizen of His nation of priests keeping His commandments NOT JUST 9/10 and living the faith OF His Son? Loving as He loved you...JUST AS[\b]HE LOVED YOU?

Days are nothing. Observing Jesus all day every day is what counts.

clefty

Paul obeyed the old ceremonial law because the temple was still standing and he didn't want to get arrested.
lol...right...he was run out of town beaten multiple times...left for dead...dragged halfway across the Roman Empire...suffered hunger near drowning shipwreck a snake bite and was finally killed...BECAUSE THE TEMPLE STILL STOOD?...LOL do you really know Paul? Why he did what he did?

Days are nothing.
His Holy days are rejected by many is true...the message of the cross is foolishness for certain people too...

Observing Jesus all day every day is what counts.
Observe Him doing what? keeping the Sabbath and festivals and dietary laws? And then asking you to do the same? To abide in His love?

God's Truth

lol...right...he was run out of town beaten multiple times...left for dead...dragged halfway across the Roman Empire...suffered hunger near drowning shipwreck a snake bite and was finally killed...BECAUSE THE TEMPLE STILL STOOD?...LOL do you really know Paul? Why he did what he did?

If you knew Paul, you wouldn't be saying what you say.

Just like I said, they thought Paul broke their law:

27When the seven days were nearly over, some Jews from the province of Asia saw Paul at the temple. They stirred up the whole crowd and seized him, 28shouting, “Fellow Israelites, help us! This is the man who teaches everyone everywhere against our people and our law and this place. And besides, he has brought Greeks into the temple and defiled this holy place.” 29(They had previously seen Trophimus the Ephesian in the city with Paul and assumed that Paul had brought him into the temple.)

His Holy days are rejected by many is true...the message of the cross is foolishness for certain people too...

Observe Him doing what? keeping the Sabbath and festivals and dietary laws? And then asking you to do the same? To abide in His love?

Jesus says observing days is worthless.