The Wrath of God

marhig

Our acts in order to achieve righteousness are like menstrual rags...not just filthy rags...

Blood issued involuntarily due to biological function is not what is demanded...but voluntary blood by choice and understanding the Law demanded it...only His innocent blood shed for all would suffice...to make those who believe until the end righteous...

all that blood shed in the OT did not remove any sin either...as you can tell by how israel sinned...
What do you believe is mean't by menstrual rags? Thanks

Robert Pate

Banned
That's not right, if Christ by the Spirit is within our hearts then we will be made righteous by his life within helping us to cleanse our hearts, and we will be made righteous though him in this lifetime. You can't say that we can't be made righteous, if the Spirit of Christ is with us then we can be justified through him and by his blood flowing through us cleansing us from our sins and the works of the flesh. Bringing into our hearts the fruits of the Spirit thus making us righteous before the living God.

Hebrews 9

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Matthew 5

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

And here in Matthew 5

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness:
for they shall be filled.

Matthew 6

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1 Timothy 6

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

2 Corinthians 5

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Titus 2

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world

James 3

And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Hebrews 12

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

2 Corinthians 9

Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness.

Romans 6

Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

1 Peter 3

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Spiritually, Christians are perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Physically, they are "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

marhig

Do you believe that we should be overcoming our flesh through Christ by the power of the Spirit and starting to die to self will and live by the will of God?

marhig

And did you see the next verse in Colossians 2 we are to put off the body of sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ. Which is having our hearts circumcised through Christ by the Holy Spirit. Our old man should be dying, so that Christ can grow on our hearts and live through us.

Colossians 2:10 and 11

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Robert Pate

Banned
And did you see the next verse in Colossians 2 we are to put off the body of sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ. Which is having our hearts circumcised through Christ by the Holy Spirit. Our old man should be dying, so that Christ can grow on our hearts and live through us.

Colossians 2:10 and 11

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

The Bible is simply saying that if you are complete "In Christ" then you should act like it.

God's Truth

Not sure what you are going on about now...

You said Jesus spoke of bitter roots when actually it is Paul...so I wished to correct your sloppiness...
hahahaha Anything that Paul says it is what Jesus says; except where Paul says it is not. lol

And bring to mind that a bitter root wishes to do less not more for Him...to minimize what He did for them...not fully appreciated and wishing to show gratitude for all which was done but go it alone...

You are a twister. That is not good...don't make it a compliment. lol

In sum a bitter root produces bitter fruit...bitter quarrelsome lazy stubborn fruit...fruit just not quite right...lol

hahahaha You should be ashamed.

God's Truth

Our acts in order to achieve righteousness are like menstrual rags...not just filthy rags...
Go read again what I wrote and prove I did not explain it as that. You are so uppity you can't hear what has been said?

Blood issued involuntarily due to biological function is not what is demanded...but voluntary blood by choice and understanding the Law demanded it...only His innocent blood shed for all would suffice...to make those who believe until the end righteous...

all that blood shed in the OT did not remove any sin either...as you can tell by how israel sinned...

You should fear God making yourself above Him by changing His words.

God's Truth

You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

Clefty is pretending not to have read and seen the truth in what I have written.
Maybe someone else is humble and not stubborn and can hear the truth and will be glad for it.

marhig

The Bible is simply saying that if you are complete "In Christ" then you should act like it.
Well at least I agree with that :) our hearts should be being circumcised, cleansed through Christ by the power of the Spirit and we should be turning from sin as he helps us to overcome.

Robert Pate

Banned
Well at least I agree with that :) our hearts should be being circumcised, cleansed through Christ by the power of the Spirit and we should be turning from sin as he helps us to overcome.

We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. A good witness will have a life that will backup what he believes.

clefty

Christians don't have a righteousness that God will accept. Their righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God. Your righteousness will disappear in a puff of smoke in the judgment.

Yup...is why He makes us righteous which is testified by how and WHY we live more like Him less like our former selves...not to become righteous but by what He did to make us so...it is no longer us our flesh as we died and now He lives in us molding us more into His likeness which changes our lifestyle and thoughts...

God's Truth

We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. A good witness will have a life that will backup what he believes.

I am glad to hear you changing somewhat. Usually you keep saying no one can obey.

Here are some really bad things that you used to say:

Spiritually, I am perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Trying to keep the commandments is a denial that you are spiritually complete "In Christ". I cannot be any better than what God has made me "In Christ". Christ is my righteousness, outside of Jesus Christ I have no righteousness, Philippians 3:9.

You have little to no understanding.

Spiritually, we are perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 1:10.

Physically, we are "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

We are sinners and saints at the same time. The physical cannot be rehabilitated by the works of the law. It is what it is until the day that you die.

Bible does not say that. What it does say is that, "But to him that does no works (or obedience) but believes on him (Jesus) that justifies the UNGODLY his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

You are a false teacher.

That is Robert calling me a false teacher for teaching we have to obey Jesus' teachings.

Its not about works or obedience either.

The truth of the matter is that you cannot live by faith alone. You have to perform or you do not think you are saved.

I guess obeying Jesus makes us performers like circus animals?

He has said many more things against obeying Jesus.

If he comes to changing to the truth, then it is a good thing.

God's Truth

Here is a chat box recording of Robert Pate saying Jesus doesn't wash us.

He wants to be a teacher about the Lord and argues with others and doesn't even know that Jesus washes us.

[04-07, 08:23] God's Truth: Jesus' blood washes us from sin, and you said it doesn't. You cannot get out of that falseness so easy.
[04-07, 08:22] Robert Pate: You don't have a clue as to what it means to be justified by faith.

[04-07, 08:20] God's Truth: 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
[04-07, 08:20] God's Truth: I can hardly believe you said that.

[04-07, 08:18] Robert Pate: Jesus doesn't wash. He justifies by his life, death and resurrection.

[04-07, 08:13] God's Truth: The righteousness of Jesus means Jesus washed me.

clefty

What do you believe is mean't by menstrual rags? Thanks

The shedding of blood was demanded by the Law...yet menstrual blood is involuntary as natural biological function...thus futile in earning righteousness by Law

We are sinners everything we do is unclean naturally full of sin...thus any act or symbol to achieve/earn/deserve righteousness is by Law futile even “dirty” as the monthly issue is NOT by choice thus not symbolic of moral innocence

We are saved as a gift we choose to receive...made righteous prior our understanding of it even of our need of it by the only blood which appeased the Wrath

Again the passover lamb blood was blood spilt AFTER they chose to believe this god was their god and was coming to kill...Yah already saw them as His people in need of freedom but He demanded they see themselves as the same ...to do so was by obedience to His will...by choosing to spill blood because they believed and obeyed...believed He was God and their God and He should be obeyed...

The law demands death/blood...a substitute blood was spilt in Eden to cover them...a substitute blood was spilt in Egypt and in the wilderness and the final substitute blood was spilt at the cross...and will cover us on the final day of Wrath as the only appeasing blood...not any blood spilt involuntarily

Hope that clarifies...a little ha

clefty

HalleluYah...Marhig ya done it...

Exactly Robert!!! you should act like it...your lifestyle your thoughts your actions are MORE like HIM less than your former self or anyone of this world...

That is what the Bible is simply saying...

clefty

Go read again what I wrote and prove I did not explain it as that. You are so uppity you can't hear what has been said?

You should fear God making yourself above Him by changing His words.

Was actually agreeing with you...except for your inference the Jew had to make a righteous act...the OT was always faith first and the Jew did the act because of the faith...Isaiah stated as much that they had become sinners and all they did was like filthy rags...