The Wrath of God

Robert Pate

Banned
The Holy Spirit only comes to those who believed and obeyed Jesus.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

The reason that you cannot be led by the Holy Spirit is because you don't have the Spirit. The religious unsaved are led by laws and rules, just like the Pharisees. Christians are not led by law, they are Spirit led.

God's Truth

Not the Sadducees Acts 23:8...your sloppiness is from laziness or just being blinded?

It is wearisome...and indicative of greater errors...will give you some time to reread Paul and better understand...

http://www.fogwhistle.ca/acts/evidence.html

I am not reading your links.

You calling me names like sloppy and lazy and blind shows that you are those things.

The Jews believed in a resurrection.

yes added to the former charges of the jews I listed 1) there is a resurrection of One 2) this message and promise to the goyim

That is what you said. What did you mean? Did you mean the resurrection was a promise and message only to the Gentiles?

glorydaz

Are you kidding, you called me every foul thing you could think of, and you say it publicly and privately.

It is your loss and to your dismay if I get banned, not mine.

You people verbally abuse me and some others here in the foulest way imaginable.

People like you, lifeisgood, Tambora, John W., Pate, AMR and others here verbally abuse constantly and all the while you have a pack of you giving each other 'thanks' and high five smilies and whatnot, it is just insane and evil.

You're one paranoid granny. :nono:

God's Truth

The reason that you cannot be led by the Holy Spirit is because you don't have the Spirit. The religious unsaved are led by laws and rules, just like the Pharisees. Christians are not led by law, they are Spirit led.

The law is Spiritual.

Romans 7:14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.

You say Paul is not a Christian.

1 Corinthians 9:21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

Romans 2:14
Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law,

What does this mean?

Romans 2:12
All who sin apart from the Law will also perish apart from the Law, and all who sin under the Law will be judged by the Law.

What did Paul mean by this:

Galatians 6:2
Carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the Law of Christ.

clefty

Spirit led is wanting to obey...wishing to be more like Him less like your dead self...

glorydaz

Spirit led is wanting to obey...wishing to be more like Him less like your dead self...

Anyone can "want to obey". Performing is another story. :chew:
Anyone can "wish" to be more like Him. That won't get it done. :plain:

They might even think they know what they should be obeying. Get out their list of rules.....Of course, then they will probably get out ahead of the Lord, seeking to please Him by their own efforts. Then they can boast. :nono:

This is being led by the Spirit. No "wanting" or "wishing" will ever come close to "trusting" in His performing HIs work in us.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Robert Pate

Banned
Used to be. I'm too old now. :banana:

What? Are you denying you're a granny? I hope you don't lie and say you aren't. :popcorn:

And this after calling Robert "old"? :chuckle:

Well, I am pretty old, but that doesn't mean that I am stupid. I mean it is down right stupid to think that you can obey the commandments. To obey the commandments you would have to be Jesus. We are not Jesus, we don't even come close. There is a lot of scripture that says our righteousness doesn't count for much. So why be a hypocrite? Accept the fact that you are a sinner and trust in Jesus to save you. Don't be one of those fools in Matthew 7:23, That says "Lord, Lord, didn't I?" Didn't I keep the commandments? All you are doing is deceiving yourself, 1 John 1:8.

God's Truth

Well, I am pretty old, but that doesn't mean that I am stupid. I mean it is down right stupid to think that you can obey the commandments. To obey the commandments you would have to be Jesus. We are not Jesus, we don't even come close. There is a lot of scripture that says our righteousness doesn't count for much. So why be a hypocrite? Accept the fact that you are a sinner and trust in Jesus to save you. Don't be one of those fools in Matthew 7:23, That says "Lord, Lord, didn't I?" Didn't I keep the commandments? All you are doing is deceiving yourself, 1 John 1:8.

You don't even understand the scriptures. You have no business teaching.