The Unjust, Unmerciful, Unrighteous God of Calvinism

Brother Ducky

The word mercy has no meaning in the Calvinist worldview!

You cannot be merciful unless someone deserves harshness.

Forgetting original sin for the moment, do you hold that no one deserves harshness from God for any reason? Like their own sin?

Brother Ducky

Thousands of babies are murdered in this country every single day, all without having committed a single sin.

Not personally. Are you suggesting, as Calvinists commonly believe, that babies go to Hell?

Calvinists commonly believe that every baby that dies does so in sin and without Christ. Don't believe me? Ask Beloved57.

Further, in the Calvinist world view, no one chooses their own actions in the first place! There is no such thing as volition and where there is no volition there is no morality, a robot is amoral.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Reformed folk have traditionally held that the children of at least one Christian parent is elect. As far as I know, there is no creedal statement as the eternal state of children of unbelievers who die in infancy.

From the Westminster Confession of Faith:
Chapter III
Of God's Eternal Decree

I. God, from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass: yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures; nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.

Brother Ducky

Thousands of babies are murdered in this country every single day, all without having committed a single sin.

Not personally. Are you suggesting, as Calvinists commonly believe, that babies go to Hell?

Calvinists commonly believe that every baby that dies does so in sin and without Christ. Don't believe me? Ask Beloved57.

Further, in the Calvinist world view, no one chooses their own actions in the first place! There is no such thing as volition and where there is no volition there is no morality, a robot is amoral.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Reformed folk have traditionally held that the children of at least one Christian parent is elect. As far as I know, there is no creedal statement as the eternal state of children of unbelievers who die in infancy.

From the Westminster Confession of Faith:
Chapter III
Of God's Eternal Decree

I. God, from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass: yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures; nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.

bsmitts

Do you have faith in Christ? Wonderful, But I'll tell you one thing for you're sake. If you don't Love Jesus enough to deny yourself for him and love your neighbor enough to help him, and Love the poor enough to give to them, and love your enemies. You are not going to make it to God's Kingdom. James in chapter 2 "I'll show you my faith by my works." And Jesus said: Matthew 5:20 I'm not implying that works save anyone. Matthew 7:22 But the Bible is crystal clear that true faith in Christ WILL produce in the believer fruits John 15:5 and good works as found in James chapter 2

Last edited:

bsmitts

Religionists are always quoting scripture as if they believed them !

Firstly, You call him/her a religionist as to undermine his/her character. That's pretty low friend. Secondly, he/she does believe them, but the way I see it, he/she may not "understand" them, and it isn't wrong to not understand. This is God's word were talking about here. Still you insist people don't even believe them. Thus, you're twisting the truth as usual and making yourself a liar because not a human being on Earth understands comparatively everything that's written in The Bible. You included!

Dialogos

So for whose sin did they die?

BTW, if there is anything you and I can agree with it is that the murder of thousands of babies every day is a stench in the nostrils of God and we should never allow ourselves to be indifferent to this grievous reality.

Clete said:
:nono:

I'm with Spurgeon on this one.

"What reasons have we for believing that it is well with the child?" Before I enter upon that I would make one observation. It has been wickedly, lyingly, and slanderously said of Calvinists, that we believe that some little children perish. Those who make the accusation know that their charge is false. I cannot even dare to hope, though I would wish to do so, that they ignorantly misrepresent us. They wickedly repeat what has been denied a thousand times, what they know is not true. In Calvin's advice to Omit, he interprets the second commandment "shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me," as referring to generations, and hence he seems to teach that infants who have had pious ancestors, no matter how remotely, dying as infants are saved. This would certainly take in the whole race. As for modern Calvinists, I know of no exception, but we all hope and believe that all persons dying in infancy are elect."​

Clete said:

:nono:

Where do you come up with this stuff?

"We conclude that fallen man is still free to choose what he desires, but because his desires are only wicked he lack the moral ability to come to Christ. As long as he remains in the flesh, unregenerate, he will never choose Christ. He cannot choose Christ precisely because he cannot act against hiw own will. He has not desire for Christ. He cannot choose what he does not desire. His fall is great. It is so great that only the effectual grace of God working in his heart can bring him to faith. (R.C. Sproul, Chosen By God, Tyndale Pub, page 57)."​

Brother Ducky

YES!

You cannot be arbitrary and just at the same time. No one can act both reasonably and unreasonably at the same time.

For the moment, let's consider just those for whom Romans 3:23 applies. Without the intervention of God, the end of all these would be hell. Justice. Do the crime, do the time.

But God does intervene. He makes it possible for some to escape his wrath. Since we are discussing Reformed thought, he makes it possible for only some to escape. How is God unjust in this? No punishment is delivered except what justice demands.

It might be considered to be unfair, if you assume that that which is done for one, has to be done for all. No one would think you would be unjust or unfair if you contributed to one ministry and not all ministries.

God shows mercy to some. We hold that this mercy is given to only some, and not others. To be merciful to some is not to be unjust to any. To be merciful to some on an arbitrary basis [the choice of God] is not to be unjust.

Robert Pate

Banned
For the moment, let's consider just those for whom Romans 3:23 applies. Without the intervention of God, the end of all these would be hell. Justice. Do the crime, do the time.

But God does intervene. He makes it possible for some to escape his wrath. Since we are discussing Reformed thought, he makes it possible for only some to escape. How is God unjust in this? No punishment is delivered except what justice demands.

It might be considered to be unfair, if you assume that that which is done for one, has to be done for all. No one would think you would be unjust or unfair if you contributed to one ministry and not all ministries.

God shows mercy to some. We hold that this mercy is given to only some, and not others. To be merciful to some is not to be unjust to any. To be merciful to some on an arbitrary basis [the choice of God] is not to be unjust.

It is not possible for anyone to be saved that believes in the God of Calvinism.

A God that damns people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam is unjust.

Brother Ducky

It is not possible for anyone to be saved that believes in the God of Calvinism.

A God that damns people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam is unjust.

Who, besides yourself, believes this. Where is your citation of a reputable source?

Or where in Scripture is it said that to be a Calvinist is to be damned?
Hope you don't find in in James or Acts. Or whatever you dismiss.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
When you say the things that Pate says you get painted in a corner. Like most ladies of the night this apostate hussy has no shame.

Why is that? Maybe Raving could enlighten us with his goodness?

Hey Raving, how does Pate get away with this nonsense?

Robert Pate

Banned
When you say the things that Pate says you get painted in a corner. Like most ladies of the night this apostate hussy has no shame.

Why is that? Maybe Raving could enlighten us with his goodness?

Hey Raving, how does Pate get away with this nonsense?

Wake up idiot!

All through the Old Testament and into the New Testament people are justified by faith.

They are justified by faith because they believe God, Romans 4:3.

Salvation is given to those who love and trust in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

It is not possible to love and trust in the God of Calvinism because he is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Wake up idiot!

All through the Old Testament and into the New Testament people are justified by faith.

It is not possible to love and trust in the God of Calvinism because he is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant.

Your ignorance knows no limit.

Bro Duc asked a question. You fly off the handle.

The question is about God showing no mercy.

Now count to ten little boy and give us an example one way or the other.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Catholics, Calvinists and protestants can all be saved. Doesn't the scripture say;

Romans 10:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

If God desires to save a Catholic so be it. If God decides to save a Calvinist, so be it. If He decides to save a Protestant, so be it. I think that some people on this site need to come to the understanding that God is God and He can do as He wishes.

beloved57

Wake up idiot!

You don't believe that people are Justified by Faith, how could you when you don't believe the Gospel!