The Unjust, Unmerciful, Unrighteous God of Calvinism

Robert Pate

Banned
I think sin is an issue that you are not addressing here.

We are all sinners without works.

No one can chose to be a sinner. Just like no one can chose to be righteous.

It is not anyones fault that they are sinners, they are born into sin, Psalm 51:5. If it is anyones fault its Adam's fault.

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered the world and death by sin; and so death passed upon ALL MEN, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12.

This is why God would be unjust to condemn people to hell because of sin. Its not their fault.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
We are all sinners without works.

No one can chose to be a sinner. Just like no one can chose to be righteous.

It is not anyones fault that they are sinners, they are born into sin, Psalm 51:5. If it is anyones fault its Adam's fault.

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered the world and death by sin; and so death passed upon ALL MEN, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12.

This is why God would be unjust to condemn people to hell because of sin. Its not their fault.
Romans 5 is the reason you don't need to jump through this semantic hoop. Of course people go to Hell because of sin, not because of Adam's sin, but their own sin.

Why won't people read Ezekiel 18 when I cite it?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Are you proposing that it is a real possibility for someone to not sin and on that basis go to heaven?
Thousands of babies are murdered in this country every single day, all without having committed a single sin.

Know anyone who has so done?
Not personally. Are you suggesting, as Calvinists commonly believe, that babies go to Hell?

Or of anyone who has been damned on the basis of anything but their own sin?
Calvinists commonly believe that every baby that dies does so in sin and without Christ. Don't believe me? Ask Beloved57.

Further, in the Calvinist world view, no one chooses their own actions in the first place! There is no such thing as volition and where there is no volition there is no morality, a robot is amoral.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have a feeling that you believe that all Calvinists should be hyper-Calvinists. Has any been damned for sin that is not their own? If God chooses to make it possible for some to believe, and only some, is he unjust?

YES!

You cannot be arbitrary and just at the same time. No one can act both reasonably and unreasonably at the same time.

Robert Pate

Banned
Romans 5 is the reason you don't need to jump through this semantic hoop. Of course people go to Hell because of sin, not because of Adam's sin, but their own sin.

Why won't people read Ezekiel 18 when I cite it?

People will not be going to hell because of sin.

They will be going to hell because of unbelief.

Ezekiel 18 was written under the law. It is not profitable for doctrine.

beloved57

People will not be going to hell because of sin.

They will be going to hell because of unbelief.

Ezekiel 18 was written under the law. It is not profitable for doctrine.

Invalid comment, hell is the second death and death is the wages of sin ! Rom 6:23 !

bsmitts

Promoting the false gospel of salvation by works, by what a person does, which denies salvation by what Christ did alone !

Let the Bible speak for itself: Salvation: Ephesians 2:8-9; Proof of salvation: John 15:5 James 2:14-24; Matthew 25:31-40; Matthew 16:24-27 You don't need works? I don't think so!

beloved57

Sin is the results of unbelief.

Because you do not believe you will be found in your sins.

Death is the result of sin Rom 6:23, and so when one goes into the second death Rev 20:14 its because of sin Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Your ignorant statement that people dont go to hell for sin is a lie !