The Unjust, Unmerciful, Unrighteous God of Calvinism

Nanja

Do you believe that The Truths of Tulip are the Gospel of God's Grace in Christ, and if one doesn't believe it that they are in unbelief , and are enemies and unbelievers?

Absolutely!

The Truths of TULIP are founded directly upon the scriptures 2 Tim. 3:16.

~~~~~

Nanja

:chuckle:

Psalm 37:12-20
The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
v.13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
v.14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow,
to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
v.15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
v.16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
v.17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
v.18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
v.19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
v.20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs:
they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

~~~~~

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obviously you dont believe the Gospel ! Tulip is the Gospel !

The Gospel...

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" (1 Cor. 15:3-4)

I would never say TULIP is the gospel. Rather, at least for the Reformed like myself, it would be best to say that the doctrines of grace defined by the acrostic "TULIP" is presupposed rather than understood, for example...

"sins" presupposes total depravity;
"our" presupposes absolute predestination,
"died for" presupposes particular redemption;
"rose again" presupposes effectual calling and perseverance.

While I never hold that only those that affirm the doctrines of grace as understood by the Reformed as being lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent, I do believe that if one develops an understanding of these matters which undermines this theological framework he or she denies the basis of the gospel and thereby weakens their own walk of faith. This is what our old divines of the past meant by calling the doctrines of grace the gospel—they are the theological framework of the gospel.

AMR

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Psalm 37:12-20
The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
v.13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
v.14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow,
to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
v.15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
v.16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
v.17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
v.18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
v.19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
v.20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs:
they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

~~~~~

I'm already redeemed. Jesus is Lord and no one can say that but by the Holy Spirit.

Nanja

I'm already redeemed. Jesus is Lord and no one can say that but by the Holy Spirit.

There are many who, as a natural man in the flesh, by their own fleshly understanding,
will say that Jesus is Lord.

However, the only ones who have a right to call Him Lord are those who have been given
the Holy Spirit in New Birth. For they are His Elect, Chosen by God in Christ, before the
foundation of the world to obtain an Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:3-11!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are many who, as a natural man in the flesh, by their own fleshly understanding,
will say that Jesus is Lord.

However, the only ones who have a right to call Him Lord are those who have been given
the Holy Spirit in New Birth. For they are His Elect, Chosen by God in Christ, before the
foundation of the world to obtain an Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:3-11!

~~~~~

Nope! You loose.

1 Corinthians 12:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Nanja

Nope! You loose.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

You're a lost man, still in the flesh; not Born of the Spirit.

The evidence of that, is that you don't believe that the Truths of TULIP is the Gospel!

~~~~~

bsmitts

What one believes their God to be is usually reflected in ones life.

Example, Muslims believe that Allah is a waring God, "Kill the infidels". So this is reflected in many of their lives.

If you believe that God saves some people and then for no reason damns the rest to hell, then you have an unjust, unmerciful God. This is what Calvinist want us to believe. There is a serious problem with believing that God would do such a thing as this.

1. The Bible does not teach that this is the nature and character of God. The Bible teaches that God is just and merciful to all of humanity. There is not one scripture that says God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell. "God so loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son" is a true picture of the character and nature of God. God gives. He does not damn.

2. Salvation always has been by faith. "Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness" Romans 4:3. What this scripture is really saying is that Abraham had confidence and believed in God's promise that he would provide him with a savior. He trusted God. How in the world can you trust in the God of Calvinism who damns people to hell for no reason. Answer, you can't.

HOW THE GOSPEL REFUTES CALVINISM

The Gospel refutes the doctrine of Calvinism and predestinationism. In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world as the savior of all of humanity, John 12:47. His mission is to provide salvation for all of humanity, not some of humanity, 1 John 2:2. This is why the scripture says.. "God so loves the world". God loves his creation and especially the crown of his creation, humanity. Does it not make sense that if God loves the world that he would provide salvation for the whole world?

In the Gospel Jesus reconciles humanity and the whole world unto God by his doing and his dying, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No one is damned to hell. They are reconciled to God, even sinners and evil doers, Colossians 1:21, are reconciled to God. God now sees all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. This is how God has made salvation available to all. However, THIS SALVATION AND RECONCILIATION IS NOT YOURS IF YOU DON"T RECEIVE IT. God imposes salvation on no one. If you want to be saved you will have to ask Christ to save you, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Firstly, sorry I had to quote your entire post, but every time I separate the different viewpoints, I submit my reply and then it logs me out and I lose my post which took up about 45 minutes. Because I have to look up scriptures and so forth. So anyway to the issue at hand. I felt compelled to reply to this post for a few reasons. So. Firstly, just to put this viewpoint about God sending people to hell to bed, you have to realize that man by his own nature is already heading toward hell. So, no. God isn't the cause for people going to hell. It's sin. Plain and simple. And as you know, sin was passed from Adam to me and you and everyone else with the exception of Christ. So that's settled. Now, as far as the atonement, I have this rule that I don't speak too much about it in that there is some mystery involved in the atonement, so I'll just say yes, Christ sacrificed himself to atone for man's sinful nature. Ok You quoted Romans 10:13 but look at the very next verse, especially the first sentence. Romans 10:14 We see here that no one can call upon him who doesn't believe first. He goes on to say how can we believe if we haven't heard and how can we hear without a preacher and how can a preacher preach except he be sent. (just paraphrasing). Anyway, I'm outta time, but I hope that helps clarify some things. Oh, by the way, as a believer, It is absolutely essential to take all scripture in its proper context. and as a believer, it is mandatory to have discernment or the ability to distinguish true and erroneous doctrines. Also. though I'm not a Calvinist, divine election and eternal security are both totally biblical and I could quote several scriptures to support that position, but for sake of time, Read John Chapter 6, John Chapter 10, and of course, in support of divine election, the much quoted Ephesians 2:8-10. Therefore, grace and faith to believe on Christ is in itself a gift from God. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Your friend has yet to understand the scriptures.

I claim Jesus as Lord. No one can do that but by the Holy Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your friend has yet to understand the scriptures.

I claim Jesus as Lord. No one can do that but by the Holy Spirit.

Have you noticed how few on the Forum refer to Jesus as Lord?

Jesus is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus is Lord because God has accepted him into heaven and made him both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

beloved57

Have you noticed how few on the Forum refer to Jesus as Lord?

Jesus is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus is Lord because God has accepted him into heaven and made him both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

Every one is not reconciled to God since many are under God's condemnation and wrath John 3:18,36 !