The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God does not save or give wisdom about Himself if you learn Greek.

God brings His truth to us in our language.

I understand it is hard for people to let go of their pride in trying to study Greek to get to know God, but it doesn't work that way.

No one needs to learn Greek. I spoke the truth and you showed what you were. You are in danger of hell fire.
One would think that others would be glad to realize that they do no have to learn another language to know God.
There are people here who spend their days looking at the English word, transferring it back to Greek, and then English again. Those who do that are usually in the biggest error.

No one needs to learn Greek no matter how much you curse and slander.
ΓΤ, Εάν δεν πρόκειται να συμβάλλετε στη συζήτηση, παρακαλούμε να μείνετε μακριά από αυτό.

Ευχαριστώ.

God's Truth

ΓΤ, Εάν δεν πρόκειται να συμβάλλετε στη συζήτηση, παρακαλούμε να μείνετε μακριά από αυτό.

Ευχαριστώ.

You are not wise in the Lord for speaking another language. I have contributed to this debate more than you ever have. You are wasting time and space speaking about English to Greek to English.

Let's honor the fact that God brings His words to us in OUR LANGUAGE and anything else is helping no one.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are not wise in the Lord for speaking another language. I have contributed to this debate more than you ever have. You are wasting time and space speaking about English to Greek to English.

Are you implying that we think that the Bible was originally written in English, translated to Greek, and then back to English?

Let's honor the fact that God brings His words to us in OUR LANGUAGE and anything else is helping no one.

GT, quick question that you can hopefully answer quickly and briefly, so that we can get back to the topic of the Trinity. (BR, I hope to make a quick point within one or two posts, then come back to the main topic.)

Is the human race getting better or worse?

God's Truth

If you, gt, ever used the fantastic brain the Lord has given you and used it read for comprehension, you would know that I was asking popsthebuilder what he meant.

Use your brain and see that I was telling you that your one God is really three different together making one.

God's Truth

Are you implying that we think that the Bible was originally written in English, translated to Greek, and then back to English?

No. You are taking your English translation Bible and then looking that word up in the Greek and then back to English. Even if you are not saying you are doing that, I don't believe you and what you are doing is ridiculous because we have God's written Word translated for us already.

GT, quick question that you can hopefully answer quickly and briefly, so that we can get back to the topic of the Trinity. (BR, I hope to make a quick point within one or two posts, then come back to the main topic.)

Is the human race getting better or worse?

You talking about the Greek is not helping in any way in proving the Truth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No. You are taking your English translation Bible and then looking that word up in the Greek and then back to English.

Except I'm not.

I'm looking up the scripture verse number in a Bible that has the original Greek (for example, the Textus Receptus or Morphological Greek NT), and then translating that into English.

Even if you are not saying you are doing that, I don't believe you

So what? That doesn't make me wrong. (Nor does it make me right, of course.)

You saying that reminds me of the many verses in Proverbs talking about fools not heeding correction.

and what you are doing is ridiculous because we have God's written Word translated for us already.

GT, there's a reason I asked the question about man getting better or worse. Could you please answer it?

You talking about the Greek is not helping in any way in proving the Truth.

Could you answer the question anyways?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Except I'm not.

I'm looking up the scripture verse number in a Bible that has the original Greek (for example, the Textus Receptus or Morphological Greek NT), and then translating that into English.

That isn't writings in Koine Greek. You are reading English to Greek to English, are you not?

So what? That doesn't make me wrong. (Nor does it make me right, of course.)

You saying that reminds me of the many verses in Proverbs talking about fools not heeding correction.

GT, there's a reason I asked the question about man getting bettor or worse. Could you please answer it?

Could you answer the question anyways?

Tell me why there is a proverb that says to answer a fool according to his folly and then another scripture saying not to? I know why, but do you?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Again with the "a word."

The greek is literally:

ʼΕν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Δόγος ,
En arche en ho Logos
[In (the)] [beginning] [was] [the] [Word]

καὶ ὁ Δόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν
kai ho Logos en pros ton
[and] [the] [Word] [was] [with] [-]

Θεόν , καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Δόγος
Theon kai Theos en ho Logos
[God] [and] [God] [was] [the] [Word]

See above.
Yet you believe inclusion of the English the not superfluous for translating ʼΕν ἀρχῇ.

There is no word "it" in John 1:1.
ἦν is a 3rd person singular verb. Putting it there where a pronoun would be required in English is not wrong.

I checked four different Greek versions on BLB.

Again with the indefinite article "a."

The word used is ὁ ("ho", the).
The Greek article is not rendered as definite in English with perfect consistency. You know this. A lot modern languages derived from Greek with the exception Modern Greek, have no definite article. Why is that?

It literally cannot get any more simple than what I wrote, because that is exactly how BLB (in four different versions) has it.
Nor will you let be any more complicated.

Your version is all jumbled up, as if intentionally trying to mislead the reader astray from what it actually says.
Do you PRETEND it didn't make sense?

You've got it backwards.

I'm objecting to your lack of use of definite articles, and your use of the indefinite articles where there are, in fact, definite articles.
Sorry but doubling up a name like Jesus with the Jesus makes no sense. This would have been done in the account of Lazarus in John.

11:14 τότε οὖν εἶπεν αὐτοῖς ὁ Ἰησοῦς παῤῥησίᾳ Λάζαρος ἀπέθανεν

But the person who gave John the account didn't know Jesus, thus a Jesus raised Lazarus from a corpse.

I wouldn't say it always does, just for names, and perhaps some (but not all) other examples.
Which is both wrong and inconsistent.

If one were to look for evidence that the Greek article is definite, one should find it lacking.

Evidence that the Greek definite article ὁ is definite?
An assumption due to the English language. It has always been this way. But Strong is wrong, and so is Modern Greek.

glorydaz

Yet you believe inclusion of the English the not superfluous for translating ʼΕν ἀρχῇ.

Spoiler
ἦν is a 3rd person singular verb. Putting it there where a pronoun would be required in English is not wrong.

The Greek article is not rendered as definite in English with perfect consistency. You know this. A lot modern languages derived from Greek with the exception Modern Greek, have no definite article. Why is that?

Nor will you let be any more complicated.

Do you PRETEND it didn't make sense?

Sorry but doubling up a name like Jesus with the Jesus makes no sense. This would have been done in the account of Lazarus in John.

11:14 τότε οὖν εἶπεν αὐτοῖς ὁ Ἰησοῦς παῤῥησίᾳ Λάζαρος ἀπέθανεν

But the person who gave John the account didn't know Jesus, thus a Jesus raised Lazarus from a corpse.

Which is both wrong and inconsistent.

If one were to look for evidence that the Greek article is definite, one should find it lacking.

An assumption due to the English language. It has always been this way. But Strong is wrong, and so is Modern Greek.

You deny the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. This isn't the thread for that, but if you're so against John 1:1, then you have a lot more than that to ignore. Like John the Baptist being the one spoken of in Isaiah.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

popsthebuilder

One GOD, one Christ, one Spirit, one body.
One:

Singular; same; united

GOD, Christ, Spirit: GOD

body: (within context) temple/vessel of GOD/ Christ/ Spirit.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

(Still waiting to know what you consider "not kosher". I find it odd that you bash a Jew then use Jewish terminology but whatever.)

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
You [reject] the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ [aka the father]. This isn't the thread for that, but if you're so against [the english of] John 1:1, then you have a lot more than that to ignore. Like John the Baptist being the one spoken of in Isaiah.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Unfortunately, for you the version of the book of Isaiah that we have is full of errors.

Isiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Imman'u-el.

Bethulah is not used in this verse of the Moseretic text. But parthenos is used in most Greek old testaments.

I have no problem with anything about John the Baptist. I have a problem with your image-worship aka idolatry.

lifeisgood

One:

Singular; same; united

GOD, Christ, Spirit: GOD

body: (within context) temple/vessel of GOD/ Christ/ Spirit.

(Still waiting to know what you consider "not kosher". I find it odd that you bash a Jew then use Jewish terminology but whatever.)

When in the world did I bash a Jew?

Still your answer has something not kosher on it and I am not bashing any Jew. It is probably because I read as a gentile.

lifeisgood

Use your brain and see that I was telling you that your one God is really three different together making one.

If you took the time to use the fantastic brain the Lord has bestowed to you, you, gt, would see that Scripture teaches that there is only one God (Deut 6:4; Isa 45:5; Rom 3:30; 1 Cor 8:4; 1 Tim 2:5; Jam 2:19).

Scripture teaches that three Persons have eternally existed in the Godhead, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19; John 14:16–26; 15:26; 16:5–15; 1 Cor 12:3–6; 2 Cor 13:14; Gal 4:4–6; Eph 1:3–14; 2:18; 4:4–6; Titus 3:4–6; 1 Pet 1:2; Jude 20–21; Rev 1:4).

Now, you, gt, don't like what God left written in His word, please, go take it up with God Himself.

popsthebuilder

When in the world did I bash a Jew?

Still your answer has something not kosher on it and I am not bashing any Jew. It is probably because I read as a gentile.
You keep saying that but have yet to even attempt to describe what it is you mean.

As far as the Jew comment; maybe I'm mistaken; I thought you were giving Jacob a hard time, and he perceives himself to be a Jew. He calls himself Jacob.....