The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

The first 2 Greek words are rendered rightly. But the next 2 have subtle errors. It should be "In the beginning, it was, a word and...". (h)hn like all greek verbs have subjects just like pronouns 1,2,3 person plural and singular. The article is only attached before any name or noun to deemphasize it. Next is "a word, and a word it with a god." The god created the word which is nothing more than a statement in language. Next is "And the god it is, a word a thing it was in the beginning with a god." The god is the word YaHWeH, but only one of many words.

The word is not defined by fire as mistaken by Justin Martyr. Nor is a flaming Phoenix aka Pteradon like Clement of Rome believed. Nor is the word Jesus as Ignatius and Ireneaus believed, in spite of what Polycarp tried and lied to correct.

Thus Polycarp got it most correct, but we don't know enough about him. And Clement and Justin combined unitarianism with pre-millinialism and stoicism

The term logoi exists in Koine. So there is not one of them.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
No, I mean you cults. You're all alike. You all deny God came in the flesh and dwelt among us.
Idolatry! why would he need to do such a thing to suffer mankind? ὁ λόγος τοῦ θεοῦ "a word of a god". The verse is not as specific as you would like.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
What are you reading and how do you think about it?
I look at the greek as best as I can; but I have this one down thanx to glorydaz. A statement made of flesh was Yeshua Christos, a son of YaHWeH. Yeshua is a statement of a god, the most high god: the statement is "the virgin shall be with child." Yes, both child and cherry.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I look at the greek as best as I can; but I have this one down thanx to glorydaz. A statement made of flesh was Yeshua Christos, a son of YaHWeH. Yeshua is a statement of a god, the most high god: the statement is "the virgin shall be with child." Yes, both child and cherry.
I do not know what you are talking about.

popsthebuilder

There is One GOD and One Spirit.

GOD the Spirit dwelled fully in the man Jesus the Christ of GOD just as Christ dwells in the believer now; and comprised the substance of His Spirit just as His Spirit comprises the spirit of the believer now, as they comprise His body.

One GOD, one Christ, one Spirit, one body

Such is reiterated all throughout scripture
peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The first 2 Greek words are rendered rightly.

I'm glad we agree.

But the next 2 have subtle errors.

Incorrect.

It should be "In the beginning, it was, a word and...". (h)hn like all greek verbs have subjects just like pronouns 1,2,3 person plural and singular.

Also incorrect.

One of the nice things about this app I'm using is that I can click on the numbers above the words and it'll give me the english translation of each word.

Here are the next two words:

1e8b19b791f8641464478a1842980a37.jpg

5165853c6362072129c49821b2164bc8.jpg

"Was" is the word given for the first of the two.
However, for the second of the two words, "ho," you incorrectly use the indefinite article "a," when it is the definite article, "the." there are no indefinite articles in Greek. This is a fact. In order for a word to be read as "a [noun]," in Greek, you just say "[noun]." However, when you want a definite article, the word "ho" is used.

"Ho" is used in this passage, therefore it is specifying a specific "word," the Word of God.

The article is only attached before any name or noun to deemphasize it.

Incorrect. As I told you above, there are no indefinite articles in Greek, only definite articles.

Next is "a word, and a word is with a god."

No, the "word" in John 1:1, when looking at the context of the entire chapter, is not talking about a word uttered, but the "Divine Expression."

8db076515f1a92174b6250c3c86a6859.jpg

"Ho logos" is literally "the word." Not a generic "word," but "the Word."

"[And] {[the] [word]} [was]"

With

9b9a2296f3eb2f3c89cf531d539d9489.jpg

The God

6a4a756efb0ab0ffc892c841929a5956.jpg

2ba853593c2f63a77652992a9b10d7b7.jpg

Greeks have many gods. But when specifying the God of the Bible, the authors used "the god" to specify God.

The god created the word which is nothing more than a statement in language.

The phrase, "the god created the word" is not in scripture.

Here is John 1:1-5 in Greek.

04ee01dca3d263c0d8fc55b7470ae183.jpg

8e6d1bd1d300ae07b8a6fd2309ca450f.jpg

ac7679fd4f655cce7c288a70e3f5ec9e.jpg

0a7060694bcea83d742ed945c7818a1f.jpg

232fd6048848ca4a19ac4412305d3de1.jpg

Next is "And the god it is, a word a thing it was in the beginning with a god."

I'm not sure where you're getting all those extra words. It's really not that long of a verse.

Here it is translated directly:

Οὗτος ἦν ἐν ἀρχῇ πρὸς τὸν Θεόν
Houtos ēn en archē pros ton Theon
[He] [was] [in (the)] [beginning] [with] [-] [God]

He

e3318c1a460598ba84cf1b2deffb5a79.jpg

The god is the word YaHWeH,

Obviously, the God being talked about is YHWH. No argument there.

but only one of many words.

Um, what?

The word is not defined by fire as mistaken by Justin Martyr. Nor is a flaming Phoenix aka Pteradon like Clement of Rome believed. Nor is the word Jesus as Ignatius and Ireneaus believed, in spite of what Polycarp tried and lied to correct.

Thus Polycarp got it most correct, but we don't know enough about him. And Clement and Justin combined unitarianism with pre-millinialism and stoicism

Red herring much? You kind of went off on a tangent there...

The term logoi exists in Koine. So there is not one of them.

The word used in these verses is the singular "logos," specifically, "ho logos," "the word." Not "a word of words," but "the word."

Last edited:

lifeisgood

There is One GOD and One Spirit.

GOD the Spirit dwelled fully in the man Jesus the Christ of GOD just as Christ dwells in the believer now, and comprised the substance of their spirit, as they comprise His body.

One GOD, one Christ, one Spirit, one body

Such is reiterated all throughout scripture
peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I haven't taken my coffee yet, however, there is something absolutely not kosher here.