The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

If you took the time to use the fantastic brain the Lord has bestowed to you, you, gt, would see that Scripture teaches that there is only one God (Deut 6:4; Isa 45:5; Rom 3:30; 1 Cor 8:4; 1 Tim 2:5; Jam 2:19).

Scripture teaches that three Persons have eternally existed in the Godhead, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19; John 14:16–26; 15:26; 16:5–15; 1 Cor 12:3–6; 2 Cor 13:14; Gal 4:4–6; Eph 1:3–14; 2:18; 4:4–6; Titus 3:4–6; 1 Pet 1:2; Jude 20–21; Rev 1:4).

Now, you, gt, don't like what God left written in His word, please, go take it up with God Himself.

Look at those scriptures more carefully and be reasonable. One does NOT mean three different making one.

God the Father shows Himself to us in three ways, the same one and only God shown to us in three ways.

God the Father is Spirit, invisible (as Spirits are), He made Himself visible with a body, He also gave up that body and came to earth in the flesh as a Son. His Holy Spirit is Him. There are three and the three are one and one means the same.

God's Truth

I can hardly believe that there are people here who think that God the Creator had a co partner to make HIM One and make Him God.

God the Father came as a Son, He didn't need a Son to make Him who He is! Jesus IS God and He is the Father, Spirit, and SON.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you're rejecting what Scripture says?

It was not the same word.

There is no difference between "ὁ Δόγος" in John 1:1 and in John 1:14, either in spelling or grammar.

There's nothing in the context that says it's a different "word," and in fact if anything John wrote in such a way to force the reader to recognize that he's talking about the same "word" throughout, and that God is the Word, and that God became flesh through the Word that was with Him in the beginning, and that that Word is the Son of God, Jesus Christ, come in the flesh, the one who tabernacled among us.

The same is Jesus

Fixed that for you.

God's statement to mankind.

In the figurative sense, sure, Jesus is a "statement," a statment of righteousness, a statment that God loves us enough to have sent His son to die for us.

But that's getting off topic.

But I believe the translators translated the word Δόγος correctly as "word" in this passage. They were certainly smarter than we are combined.

The other is God's name.

I don't see God's name mentioned anywhere in this passage.

Those writings are not in Koine Greek.

Yes, they are. The Textus Receptus is literally composed of copies of the original greek texts.

The original texts were written in Koine Greek.

Therefore the copies are in Koine Greek.

Therefore the TR is in KG.

They weren't translated to other languages and then back into Greek, it was Greek from the original texts to what we call the Textus Receptus, which was then, and only then, translated into different languages.

You are reading English to Greek to English, are you not?

No, I'm not. I've said that now, how many times?

I'm reading the Original Greek, ie, what was originally written in Greek, and then translating what was originally written in Greek into English.

Tell me why there is a proverb that says to answer a fool according to his folly and then another scripture saying not to? I know why, but do you?

That's a red herring.

GT, is mankind getting better or worse over time? Please answer. My question actually has something to do with the topic at hand.

God's Truth

There is no difference between "ὁ Δόγος" in John 1:1 and in John 1:14, either in spelling or grammar.

There's nothing in the context that says it's a different "word," and in fact if anything John wrote in such a way to force the reader to recognize that he's talking about the same "word" throughout, and that God is the Word, and that God became flesh through the Word that was with Him in the beginning, and that that Word is the Son of God, Jesus Christ, come in the flesh, the one who tabernacled among us.

Fixed that for you.

In the figurative sense, sure, Jesus is a "statement," a statment of righteousness, a statment that God loves us enough to have sent His son to die for us.

But that's getting off topic.

But I believe the translators translated the word Δόγος correctly as "word" in this passage. They were certainly smarter than we are combined.

I don't see God's name mentioned anywhere in this passage.

Yes, they are. The Textus Receptus is literally composed of copies of the original greek texts.

The original texts were written in Koine Greek.

Therefore the copies are in Koine Greek.

Therefore the TR is in KG.

They weren't translated to other languages and then back into Greek, it was Greek from the original texts to what we call the Textus Receptus, which was then, and only then, translated into different languages.

No, I'm not. I've said that now, how many times?

I'm reading the Original Greek, ie, what was originally written in Greek, and then translating what was originally written in Greek into English.

That's a red herring.

GT, is mankind getting better or worse over time? Please answer. My question actually has something to do with the topic at hand.

Your studying of Greek is making you further from God not closer.

Are you going to write an English Bible? Do that and then I will debate you on the scriptures according to your translation; but since you don't have a Bible translation saying what you claim, move on.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your studying of Greek is making you further from God not closer.

On the contrary, I think your lack of study of the Bible has you growing distant from God.

Are you going to write an English Bible?

Why on God's green Earth would I do that?

Do that and then I will debate you on the scriptures according to your translation;

Why not just discuss what the scriptures already say?

but since you don't have a Bible translation saying what you claim, move on.

Actually, I do, you just think it's foolish to study it.

You actually refuse to study scripture, you think it's foolish, even, all while you preach your own fallacious beliefs to anyone and everyone who will turn an ear.

GT, Is the human race getting better or worse? Please answer.

God's Truth

On the contrary, I think your lack of study of the Bible has you growing distant from God.

Why on God's green Earth would I do that?

Why not just discuss what the scriptures already say?

Actually, I do, you just think it's foolish to study it.

You actually refuse to study scripture, you think it's foolish, even, all while you preach your own fallacious beliefs to anyone and everyone who will turn an ear.

You studying the scriptures mean you are trying to change the words back to Greek and then picking another English word to try and defend your false doctrines.

Pick a Bible translation and let's debate according to what is written and not what you think should have been written.

No one has to learn another language to know God's Truth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You studying the scriptures mean you are trying to change the words back to Greek and then picking another English word to try and defend your false doctrines.

Pick a Bible translation and let's debate according to what is written and not what you think should have been written.

No one has to learn another language to know God's Truth.

GT, Has man been getting better or worse since creation? Please answer my question.

John 1:1, 14.

"... God was the Word. . . . And the Word became flesh..."
Incorrect

Then why did you say "No" when I quoted John 1:1,14?

Those two verses state, rather explicitly, that God became flesh.

God's Truth

GT, Has man been getting better or worse since creation? Please answer my question.

Do you know what it means to answer a fool according to his folly, and not answering a fool according to his folly?

Then why did you say "No" when I quoted John 1:1,14?

Those two verses state, rather explicitly, that God became flesh.

The scriptures also say there is one God and He became flesh.

lifeisgood

You keep saying that but have yet to even attempt to describe what it is you mean.

You post made and makes no sense to me. That's all.

As far as the Jew comment; maybe I'm mistaken; I thought you were giving Jacob a hard time, and he perceives himself to be a Jew. He calls himself Jacob.....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

So what someone's name is Jacob. I know gentiles who are named Jacob, and besides, I wouldn't 'bash' either a Jew or a gentile. It is not in my nature to bash anybody. I don't know what I said that gave you that idea.

Please just go back to the topic of this thread, please.

lifeisgood

Look at those scriptures more carefully and be reasonable. One does NOT mean three different making one.

God the Father shows Himself to us in three ways, the same one and only God shown to us in three ways.

God the Father is Spirit, invisible (as Spirits are), He made Himself visible with a body, He also gave up that body and came to earth in the flesh as a Son. His Holy Spirit is Him. There are three and the three are one and one means the same.

You, gt, don't like what God left written in His word, you prefer to invent your doctrine that Jesus is the Father with a body. I wonder where in the world this revelation came from.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you know what it means to answer a fool according to his folly, and not answering a fool according to his folly?

But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. - Matthew 5:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:22&version=NKJV

GT, can you answer a simple yes or no question that is directed towards you?

The scriptures also say there is one God and He became flesh.

Was I talking to you there, GT? No.

I do not believe what you have said. I do not believe what you have told me.

I gave you only scripture, and you said "No."

Why did you say "no" to my giving of scripture?

If you don't believe that what I quoted is what is said in scripture, then just look the verses up yourself.

The Bible says, and I quote scripture here:

"...God was the Word. . . . And the Word became Flesh."

That's condensed from John 1;1 and John 1:14.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I gave you only scripture, and you said "No."

Why did you say "no" to my giving of scripture?

If you don't believe that what I quoted is what is said in scripture, then just look the verses up yourself.

The Bible says, and I quote scripture here:

"...God was the Word. . . . And the Word became Flesh."

That's condensed from John 1;1 and John 1:14.
That is not what I read you to say.

popsthebuilder

You post made and makes no sense to me. That's all.

So what someone's name is Jacob. I know gentiles who are named Jacob, and besides, I wouldn't 'bash' either a Jew or a gentile. It is not in my nature to bash anybody. I don't know what I said that gave you that idea.

Please just go back to the topic of this thread, please.
If what I said doesn't make sense to you then why did you insinuate that it was wrong?

Isn't the main defence for the trinity doctrine the "mystery" of god? So why ridicule a thing you can't even grasp apparently?

And his avatar is Jacob because he considers himself a Jew. I could be wrong; ask him. Exuding negativity towards one trying to understand and learn isn't kosher.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. - Matthew 5:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:22&version=NKJV

GT, can you answer a simple yes or no question that is directed towards you?

Why can't you answer?

It is a hard question isn't it.

Was I talking to you there, GT? No.

You have answered posts that wasn't for you. Are you a hypocrite? Don't answer cause I already know.