The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Please give me the verse you're talking about. I may have missed your intent.

I really don't have any agenda....simply sharing what I see like everyone else.

I edited that last post with verses.

You might go back and read all my posts in this thread this evening as they all flow together.

glorydaz

I think that Jesus did not technically have full omniscience while on earth, because for the reason you said, he chose not to know. It also wouldn't be very compatible with his human frame. He did exercise elements of omniscience at times, but as for knowing everything all at once all the time? Maybe not that.

Not saying that the "chose not to know" isn't a valid answer, but another possible answer is that Jesus did not know the day or the hour and "only the Father knows" because the day and hour isn't set, so how could it be known by Jesus at that time?

Yeah, it's hard to know, but worth looking into that's for sure. It was when I read that one particular verse about his telling the disciples "all things" the Father told Him that it dawned on me that no man was supposed to know. I'm sure His perfect faith was fine with not knowing...if that was indeed the case.

John 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.​

So, He willingly took on all the constraints that would be required of Him being a man, wouldn't you say?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jesus did not create alone.

17But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yeah, it's hard to know, but worth looking into that's for sure. It was when I read that one particular verse about his telling the disciples "all things" the Father told Him that it dawned on me that no man was supposed to know. I'm sure His perfect faith was fine with not knowing...if that was indeed the case.

John 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.​

So, He willingly took on all the constraints that would be required of Him being a man, wouldn't you say?

Where did He get His faith?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Them demons that asked Jesus if he was gonna torment them before time, were reminding him of his crucifixion, not the end of the world.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So, you're going to ignore two very important verses about Jesus being the Creator because He "marveled" at someone's level of faith? Marvelled can also be admiration, remember. It was a teaching moment.

Admiring is only part of the definition.

Why wouldn't he admire the work of God?

glorydaz

Admiring is only part of the definition.

Why wouldn't he admire the work of God?

He was admiring the faith of the Roman soldier.

Just as the God the Father was well pleased with the faith of the Son, God the Son was well pleased with the faith of the Centurion. Faith pleases God. That's why Jesus was pleased...He is God and faith pleases God. Heb. 11:6KJV

marhig

I know what it means to be given the Holy Spirit without measure. It means he had the full power of God Almighty at his disposal at any time and for any reason and more than that. Only God has the Holy Spirit without measure, because God is that Holy Spirit.

There are many spirits, but there is one Spirit that created those spirits. God is a spirit, it is written. He is the fathe of spirits, it is also written. Of all the spirits, there is One spirit that is the Creator. That Spirit is He whom we call Holy.
And the father, who is God. Gave the Spirit without measure to his beloved son.

Jesus isn't the father.

marhig

You're not reading very well.

1. "Saves" means what, Marhig? Saved from death, right? (yes/no).

2. How are we saved from death? Through our eternal inheritance, eternal life? (yes/no)

3. Does Paul say that this is possible without the death of the testator? (yes/no)
No 1...yes

No.2. ... through Jesus, by the grace of God, through faith.

No.3 was Jesus saving whilst he was alive? Yes or no?

Truster

Jesus did not create alone.

17But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Messiah was not speaking of creation here as the 7th day Elohim rested in the creative role. Elohim then took up the work of salvation.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit each have their role in the salvation of sinners. This is the work Messiah was speaking of.

marhig

... It's OK to reply when convenient, this isn't a live forum. :)
Thanks, I didn't want you to think I was being ignorant, I ended up having 2 of my children here with their husband and wife, and their children. So my house was full. But it was great :) I was tired after they left though, my house was like a crèche ;)

glorydaz

Where did He get His faith?

Ah, tricky question. I assume you're speaking of His humanity. So what is faith?

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.​

Heb. 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.​

So, His life was lived in complete faith in God, and He was obedient unto death.

marhig

Correct, He set aside some of His divine attributes.

Philippians 2:5-11 King James Version (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Did you miss the bit where it says that God has highly exalted him?

How is that if he is God?

marhig

It means you are trying to say I am a fool and you are above me.
Pops I think that we should let it go, let people say what they want about us. God knows our hearts anyway. :)

The only time I'm going to speak up is when someone twists my words. But they can say what they like about me, God will be their judge and mine.

I think that by answering the insults we fuel the fire, maybe we should be like spiritual firemen and only use the water of the word to put the fire out. A fireman can go into a fire because he's covered, those covered in Christ can go through anything and come out without their garments touched by fire, like Meshach. Shadrach and abednigo. Because Christ is with them.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
He was admiring the faith of the Roman soldier.

Just as the God the Father was well pleased with the faith of the Son, God the Son was well pleased with the faith of the Centurion. Faith pleases God. That's why Jesus was pleased...He is God and faith pleases God. Heb. 11:6KJV

If that's right then he was a respecter of persons and not God who gave the Centurion his faith.

marhig

Guilty conscience?

Better than no conscience.
Absolutely, there's something wrong if we never have a guilty conscience. Your conscience is what helps you repent and turn from sin. How can we pray for forgiveness if we haven't even got a conscience and know that we've done wrong?

Every single one of us sin, it's not truthful to say we don't, but hopefully we are turning from wilfully sinning by the power of the Spirit.

glorydaz

But if He was the literal utter fullness of GOD as He walked the earth then He would have been omniscient.

Unless He chose to not know what no man was supposed to know. Just like He chose to take on the form of a servant and lay down His life for us. He certainly had to avoid using certain powers in order to be true to His humanity. God cannot die, but Jesus chose to do so. He is God, after all, and can do whatever He so desires.

Philippians 2:6-7
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Ah, tricky question. I assume you're speaking of His humanity. So what is faith?

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.​

Heb. 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.​

So, His life was lived in complete faith in God, and He was obedient unto death.

I don't split him into humanity and divinity.

He is a soul.

God's Truth

Pops I think that we should let it go, let people say what they want about us. God knows our hearts anyway. :)

The only time I'm going to speak up is when someone twists my words. But they can say what they like about me, God will be their judge and mine.

I think that by answering the insults we fuel the fire, maybe we should be like spiritual firemen and only use the water of the word to put the fire out. A fireman can go into a fire because he's covered, those covered in Christ can go through anything and come out without their garments touched by fire, like Meshach. Shadrach and abednigo. Because Christ is with them.

I proved I did not twist your words. I also proved that you name call.

Real good putting out fires. Not. Go talk among yourselves in a private message and stop trying to instigate conflict.