The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

Yeah, it's hard to know, but worth looking into that's for sure. It was when I read that one particular verse about his telling the disciples "all things" the Father told Him that it dawned on me that no man was supposed to know. I'm sure His perfect faith was fine with not knowing...if that was indeed the case.
John 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.​

So, He willingly took on all the constraints that would be required of Him being a man, wouldn't you say?

On one hand I want to say that he took on all the constraints, but on the other hand I see him breaking those constraints at times. Like when he had mercy upon the sick man at the pool, on the lame, the blind, he broke those limitations for those reasons. He looked into the hearts of men and saw things that he could not have otherwise saw. So I'd say yes, with some reservation, but omitting the word "all" for technical correctness.

Rosenritter

Them demons that asked Jesus if he was gonna torment them before time, were reminding him of his crucifixion, not the end of the world.

How were the devils tormented by his crucifixion? Unless you've got a passage that actually says that, I'd have to turn your own response back on you. "Made up."

Or I could be more kindly and say that although one might infer that, but since the torment of the devils is actually stated at the end of the world that's by far the better interpretation.

Whichever response you relate to better, take you pick.

Rosenritter

Thanks, I didn't want you to think I was being ignorant, I ended up having 2 of my children here with their husband and wife, and their children. So my house was full. But it was great :) I was tired after they left though, my house was like a crèche ;)

I never assume that quiet and reflection before answering is a sign of ignorance. A series of angry hasty knee-jerk reaction that shows no thought, on the other hand... that's a different story.

Rosenritter

Yes and it was God the father who gave Christ Jesus the Spirit without measure. Because he is also the God and father of Jesus Christ. Jesus said when he prayed to the father, "you have given me power over all flesh" he got the power from the father through the Spirit and he was in the fullness of God bodily because he resisted satan and didn't sin and lived by the will of God to please the father, and the father poured the Spirit into his heart without measure.
Jesus put God and others first, and himself last. Being a perfect example and bringing us a new and living way to follow. And we become stronger in God and receive more power of the Spirit, the more we are willing to lay down our lives, turn from sin, and obey the living God and live by his will.

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Corinthians 8

But to us [there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne

John 8

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

John 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and*to*my God, and your God.

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Matthew 20

It is not mine to grant but is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.

John 8

I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me bears witness of me.

1 Corinthians 8

But I would have you know that the head of every man in Christ and the head of the woman is the man and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 4

One God and Father of all, who*is*above all, and through all, and in you all.

The Almighty God is the father, his son is Christ Jesus and the father has given authority to his son and set him at his right hand over everything that is in heaven and in earth. Jesus isn't the father as shown clearly in the verses above, Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God. This is the revelation that I received, which is the same revelation that Peter received, and Jesus said it came from the father. Peter didn't receive the revelation that Jesus is God, or that he is the father, but that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God. and that's what I believe to be the truth before God.

People can say what they like, some call me a heretic, some a worker of satan etc. That's nothing different as to what they called Jesus. But I know in my heart that what I believe is the truth. And it's there clearly in the scriptures. And I have many more if needed.

And when I have a bank, there is an account created with sign-in information. That account has all authority granted to it by myself to operate in my name. It's another form of myself, that exists within the realm of the bank. The bank can't handle a flesh and blood me, but it can handle the account. Thus, the account is myself come in another form.

All of the references that I see that you use for Father and Son and the rest are easily explained by the metaphors that would be required were God to come in the flesh. And we are told that God came in the flesh, so therefore.... all those objections don't have the weight you keep thinking they do.

Rosenritter

All knowing is synonymous with omniscient.

You know this.

Do not ask me for things you know are there, readily, for all to see, yet not with a specific word, yet the equal there of.

Answer me this please;

Do you personally find GOD to be all knowing?

Thank you.

I cannot agree that all knowing means omniscient, because there is a tradition (Calvinist) that defines omniscient as including those things which are unknowable. That said, I would say that God is all knowing.

lifeisgood

All here say they are saved, so why speak to any of them?

I speak to most here.

Why go against me this morning for trying?

I would appreciate it so much if you, gt, would take a deep breath, and I mean a deeeeeep breath, before and after you read what I write and then, read what I wrote again, take another deep deeeeeep breath, and then you might, and I mean 'might', be able to comprehend and then not put on the 'why you go against me' thingy.

I'm and holding my breath though.