The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

If that's right then he was a respecter of persons and not God who gave the Centurion his faith.

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit after we are saved.

We must have faith in God. If God had given the Centurion his faith then Jesus wouldn't have said it was his great faith, nor would He have marvelled.

We see an example of that here....we must have "faith in His blood". The only faith that is given to us is as Fruit of the indwelling Spirit. The centurion's was his own faith in the Lord ability to heal.

Romans 3:24-26
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Faith is the fruit of the Spirit after we are saved.

So the Roman soldier had the fruit of the Spirit and was already saved.

Kool.

Kinda like Mary hunh?

Her's came after Jesus cast out 7 devils.

The soldier?

Heck he probably had only heard the buzz that Jesus could heal.

King James Bible
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

marhig

I know what it means to be given the Holy Spirit without measure. It means he had the full power of God Almighty at his disposal at any time and for any reason and more than that. Only God has the Holy Spirit without measure, because God is that Holy Spirit.

There are many spirits, but there is one Spirit that created those spirits. God is a spirit, it is written. He is the fathe of spirits, it is also written. Of all the spirits, there is One spirit that is the Creator. That Spirit is He whom we call Holy.
Yes and it was God the father who gave Christ Jesus the Spirit without measure. Because he is also the God and father of Jesus Christ. Jesus said when he prayed to the father, "you have given me power over all flesh" he got the power from the father through the Spirit and he was in the fullness of God bodily because he resisted satan and didn't sin and lived by the will of God to please the father, and the father poured the Spirit into his heart without measure.
Jesus put God and others first, and himself last. Being a perfect example and bringing us a new and living way to follow. And we become stronger in God and receive more power of the Spirit, the more we are willing to lay down our lives, turn from sin, and obey the living God and live by his will.

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Corinthians 8

But to us [there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne

John 8

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

John 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and*to*my God, and your God.

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Matthew 20

It is not mine to grant but is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.

John 8

I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me bears witness of me.

1 Corinthians 8

But I would have you know that the head of every man in Christ and the head of the woman is the man and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 4

One God and Father of all, who*is*above all, and through all, and in you all.

The Almighty God is the father, his son is Christ Jesus and the father has given authority to his son and set him at his right hand over everything that is in heaven and in earth. Jesus isn't the father as shown clearly in the verses above, Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God. This is the revelation that I received, which is the same revelation that Peter received, and Jesus said it came from the father. Peter didn't receive the revelation that Jesus is God, or that he is the father, but that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God. and that's what I believe to be the truth before God.

People can say what they like, some call me a heretic, some a worker of satan etc. That's nothing different as to what they called Jesus. But I know in my heart that what I believe is the truth. And it's there clearly in the scriptures. And I have many more if needed.

marhig

How is it his blood can take away the sins of the world, his blood while he was a Man, before he was exalted?
I've told you over and over, Jesus told them at the time, that they are to eat his flesh and drink his blood whilst he was still living not when he was dead! And he said that if we do not eat his flesh and drink his blood, then we have no life in us. This is not his natural blood Gt, it's spiritual, I keep explaining what I believe, but you can't see it! There's no point in going on and on.

popsthebuilder

Then you shouldn't have a problem quoting where that is said. :chew:

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.​

Which is exactly what she meant, and you know it. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". You admit you know those IN CHRIST are counted perfect. It isn't "boasting" unless you say you are that way on your own dime.

A fool for Christ does not mean Paul is calling himself a fool. He is being facetious, as you can tell if you read the context. Nor would he say that since he knows scripture, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."

1 Cor. 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.​

See, he's making a point that others judge him as a fool for Christ. It's irony. Nor was Paul saying he was the worst sinner, as you seem to be implying.

1 Cor. 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.​

Jesus did that for a specific reason. You might spend time considering why that was instead of trying to stir up more contention with GT.

Golly, they might be trying to spread the good news. :think:
I'm not stiring up contention. I admit my comment about your 9 part god was uncalled for.

As far as people claiming their own perfection; it is all throughout scripture. I'm not going to quote it. You know it is there just as I do.

popsthebuilder

Unless He chose to not know what no man was supposed to know. Just like He chose to take on the form of a servant and lay down His life for us. He certainly had to avoid using certain powers in order to be true to His humanity. God cannot die, but Jesus chose to do so. He is God, after all, and can do whatever He so desires.

Philippians 2:6-7
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
My point exactly; as man, He was not the literal utter fullness of GOD.

that is my whole point.

popsthebuilder

Can you show me any scripture that says that God is omniscient? Revelation 19:6 says omnipotent (not omniscient) and you might find a passage or two that says that God knows all things, or that only God can know the heart of a man, but the word "omniscient" isn't actually from scripture.

Even if we grant that God knows all things, it would need to be limited by "knowing all things that are knowable." For example, can God know how to make a triangle with five sides? No, he cannot. If we truly have free will, can God know the decision that someone will make before they have even been born? Some people would say yes, but by definition I would say that cannot be known.

But for practical purposes, Jesus had access to the omniscience of God as required. He saw Philip under the fig tree, when he asked who touched him in the crowd, he turned and spoke to the woman, when he spoke to the Samaritan woman and asked her about her husband, he was able to correct her answer better than she had been willing to give. We could make guesses how this was done, but Jesus had all the benefits of knowing all things even if we allow that he may not have accessed all of it at the same time.
All knowing is synonymous with omniscient.

You know this.

Do not ask me for things you know are there, readily, for all to see, yet not with a specific word, yet the equal there of.

Answer me this please;

Do you personally find GOD to be all knowing?

Thank you.

popsthebuilder

Pops I think that we should let it go, let people say what they want about us. God knows our hearts anyway. :)

The only time I'm going to speak up is when someone twists my words. But they can say what they like about me, God will be their judge and mine.

I think that by answering the insults we fuel the fire, maybe we should be like spiritual firemen and only use the water of the word to put the fire out. A fireman can go into a fire because he's covered, those covered in Christ can go through anything and come out without their garments touched by fire, like Meshach. Shadrach and abednigo. Because Christ is with them.
Mrs. Mary; thank you first.

As a side note, with apology for putting you on the spot;

Do you proclaim your own salvation to those whom you, in your limited perception, find to be outside of the gate?

Though it may seem as if this is some stab or insult; you know it is not.

Please do answer simply and concisely.

Thank you.

popsthebuilder

Unless He chose to not know what no man was supposed to know. Just like He chose to take on the form of a servant and lay down His life for us. He certainly had to avoid using certain powers in order to be true to His humanity. God cannot die, but Jesus chose to do so. He is God, after all, and can do whatever He so desires.

Philippians 2:6-7
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Ma'am; please do not deviate from the point of this specific topic.

Why is ultimately irrelevant here within this context. Nor is how of much concern at this very moment.

The issue is IF Jesus as the son of man was or was not all knowing.

Have you concluded that He indeed was not?

Now; without any conjecture whatsoever we see that if one is not all knowing then they are neither all powerful. As such they are not (while limited to the capacities of man) literally the utter fullness of the eternal GOD of all existence and creation.

Does that make sense to you?

lifeisgood

Why are you promoting coffee?

ROFLSmiley.gif