The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

The Calvinst AMR is on the war path because I said trinity is a Catholic belief in a Catholic God, yet, he, AMR only came with insults.

Anyone want to debate using scripture?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wow, I am not.

Stop now and speak scripture.

You are. I will not. And I have.

How about you first answer my posts, which I am still waiting on answers for.

No one is saying otherwise.

*But to the Son He says:“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.*You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;Therefore God, Your God, has anointed YouWith the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” - Hebrews 1:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:8-9&version=NKJV

God the Father is calling His Son God.

*For unto us a Child is born,Unto us a Son is given;And the government will be upon His shoulder.And His name will be calledWonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah9:6&version=NKJV

Jesus is called the Everlasting Father. Yet the very next title refers specifically to the Son. Is God the Father a "Prince"? or is He the King, and the Son the Prince of Peace? The "prince" in any kingdom, including God's, is the Firstborn of the King, and not the King himself.

And yet not one of those specify the "Father" as the only one in the Godhead. They only say there is one God, which no one here disagrees with. However, those verses do not say anything about the PERSONS in the Godhead, only that there is one God.

The "Father" is only one person. The "Son" is only one person. The "Holy Spirit" is only one person. All three are one God.

GT, do you know the difference between Protestants and Catholics? If you did, you would not be calling me a Catholic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Tnkrbl123!

Yes, and here is what we are to believe about the Lord Jesus to be born of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

What do the words "Son of God" mean? Let us look how Paul used the term "son of..." when speaking to a sorcerer named Elymas:

"O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?" (Acts 13:10).​

Of course Paul was not saying that Elymas was a literal son of the devil. Instead, he was saying that the "nature" of Elymas is that of the devil. So when it is said that the Lord Jesus is the "son of man" what is being said that His nature is that of man. And when it is said that He is the "son of God" what is being said is that His very nature is that of God.

Let us look at the way that the Unitarians understood the term "son of man" in regard to the Lord Jesus. The say:

"He did not 'toot his own horn,' but instead called himself 'the son of man,' which, in the Aramaic language he spoke, meant 'a man'" (biblicalunitarian.com).​

Since in the Aramaic language the term "son of man" means "man" then we can understand that in the same language the term "son of God" means "God."

The same can be said about the way the Lord Jesus used the word "Father" when speaking to unbelievers:

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it" (Jn.8:44).​

The Lord Jesus was not saying that their real father was actually the devil. Instead, he was saying that their "nature" is that of the devil.

When the Lord Jesus told the Jews that God was His Father they knew that He was claiming to be God:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God" (Jn.5:17-18).​

If this was just a misunderstanding and the Lord Jesus is not equal to God then there can be no doubt that He would have cleared up this misunderstanding and said that He was not claiming to be God.

However, what He told them only made it plainer that He was claiming to be God.
First, He told them that He had the same power to raise up the dead as does the Father (v.21). He then said that all judgment has been committed to Him (v.22). Then He told them this:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:23).​

There can be absolutely no doubt that by those words the Lord Jesus was confirming the Jews' idea that He was making Himself equal to God. And there is no reason at all why He would say those things unless He is God.

Folks, if you do not believe that the Lord Jesus is God then you are not born of God.

You are very wise and I really enjoy reading your posts thank you

God's Truth

Yes, I have tried to give you good advice and scriptural counsel, along with many other believers.

You reject us all . . . so be it.

Don't take so much pride in so many.

If you want to debate scripture then I am the one to debate.

If you want to personally attack me, then I will call you for being without the light of dawn.

Eagles Wings

No Calvinist can lead me to that error.

AMR is puffed up and I see that you like that. However, that is not from God.

You cannot engage for you know you do not have the truth to overcome truth. That is not possible.
I noted the content of the debate not the demeanor of the posters. The discussion thread is also interesting for guests and new members.

God's Truth

I belong to no denomination.

Paul is a follower of the Way, as are all the true believers.

The Bible says the Christians are the followers of the Way.

Acts 24:14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

Acts 9:2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem.

Acts 19:9 But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus.

Acts 19:23 [ The Riot in Ephesus ] About that time there arose a great disturbance about the Way.

Acts 24:22 Then Felix, who was well acquainted with the Way, adjourned the proceedings. “When Lysias the commander comes,” he said, “I will decide your case.”

randomvim

How some distinguish trinity:

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/explaining-the-trinity
Processions and Relations in God

In Catholic theology, we understand the persons of the Blessed Trinity subsisting within the inner life of God to be truly distinct relationally, but not as a matter of essence, or nature. Each of the three persons in the godhead possesses the same eternal and infinite divine nature; thus, they are the one, true God in essence or nature, not “three Gods.” Yet, they are truly distinct in their relations to each other.

In order to understand the concept of person in God, we have to understand its foundation in the processions and relations within the inner life of God. And the Council of Florence, AD 1338-1445, can help us in this regard.

The Council’s definitions concerning the Trinity are really as easy as one, two, three… four. It taught there is one nature in God, and that there are two processions, three persons, and four relations that constitute the Blessed Trinity. The Son “proceeds” from the Father, and the Holy Spirit “proceeds from the Father and the Son.” These are the two processions in God. And these are foundational to the four relations that constitute the three persons in God. These are those four eternal relations in God:

1.*The Father actively and eternally generates the Son, constituting the person of God, the Father.*

2.*The Son is passively generated of the Father, which constitutes the person of the Son.

3.*The Father and the Son actively spirate the Holy Spirit in the one relation within the inner life of God that does not constitute a person. It does not do so because the Father and Son are already constituted as persons in relation to each other in the first two relations. This is why CCC 240 teaches, “[The Second Person of the Blessed Trinity] is Son only in relation to his Father.”

4.*The Holy Spirit is passively spirated of the Father and the Son, constituting the person of the Holy Spirit....

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk