The Most Dangerous Teaching

glorydaz

Grace is that we no longer have to do the purification works to clean ourselves, just to go to the temple where God's Spirit was.

Grace is that we now only have to have faith that Jesus' shed blood on the cross cleans us---of the sins we repent of doing, and we become the temple.

Okay, you've given us a great picture of what is dangerous.

Now bow out and let us figure out how to stop you from spreading your dangerous doctrine. :wave:

God's Truth

Yep, As God has ordained.

Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​

And it's why boasting is excluded by the Law of Faith. Our Faith is in Christ and we are His workmanship.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.​

Sadly, it's people like God's Untruth who boast incessantly in there own obedience, though it is be EXCLUDED. Her boasting is against the Law of Faith.

Because of people like you and your kind, I have family who will die in their sins.

You all will have to pay for everyone whom you reach by preaching we are saved by believing plus not obeying.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No one gets saved for just believing.

That is a false teaching you got into.

Mark 1:15 "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Jesus says you will not be blessed as a disciple, as a family member and as a friend if you do not do what he says.

John 8:35 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.
[h=1]Ephesians 2:8-9 New International Version (NIV)[/h] 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

You are boasting of your obedience. Salvation is the gift of God. When we surrender to Him, He gives is the gift of salvation. Our works, our obedience to God is the result of His gift. You CANNOT earn your salvation with your filthy rags that you call the work of obedience.

God's Truth

Okay, you've given us a great picture of what is dangerous.

Now bow out and let us figure out how to stop you from spreading your dangerous doctrine. :wave:

You want a debate and discussion site, but when you can't defend your false doctrines with truth, you try to stop me by having me removed from threads.

If I want to reply to what someone says, and they the same to me, what is it to you?

God's Truth

[h=1]Ephesians 2:8-9 New International Version (NIV)[/h] 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

The Jews used to be able to boast in circumcision and the other PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL works of the law. Now all anyone has to do is be cleaned by faith that Jesus' blood cleans them of the SINS THEY REPENT OF DOING.

You misunderstand Paul about 'not of by works'

Paul was speaking of the purification works of the law.

Peter heard of people misunderstanding Paul about no works; Peter calls those people uneducated and unstable, then he WARNS us to OBEY. See all of 2 Peter 3; and especially 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

James heard of that false teaching too, and he says the people are FOOLISH. He then says faith alone is DEAD, like a dead body; and he says it cannot save. He says even demons believe and do something, they shudder. See James 2:14, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, and 29.
You are boasting of your obedience.

It is not ever shameful to obey God and to teach others to do so.

Even Paul boasted in obeying and teaches us that he will boast in us and that we can boast in each other.

Salvation is the gift of God.

God gives His gift to those He chooses to give it.

Jesus says he chooses those who believe and obey.

When we surrender to Him, He gives is the gift of salvation.

Surrender to him? Where is that in the scriptures? Are you saying we have to do SOMETHING called 'surrender'? You can't make up things. You have to say what the Bible says.

Our works, our obedience to God is the result of His gift.

What?

I gave many scriptures where we are TOLD PLAINLY to repent of our sins to get saved.

You CANNOT earn your salvation with your filthy rags that you call the work of obedience.

You surely did fall for the false teachings of men.

Where do you ever get that it is a filthy rag to obey Jesus?

glorydaz

Because of people like you and your kind, I have family who will die in their sins.

You all will have to pay for everyone whom you reach by preaching we are saved by believing plus not obeying.

No, because of people like me, your family has trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ, and received the gift of salvation -- while you stand accusing them of not "repenting" and not "obeying". You are wringing your hands, and they are trusting the Lord. You are left out in the cold with your stubborn pride. and they are safe within the shelter of His arms.

I feel sorry for you....charging your loved ones with sin, while you are the one who is LOST.

God's Truth

No, because of people like me, your family has trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ, and received the gift of salvation -- while you stand accusing them of not "repenting" and not "obeying". You are wringing your hands, and they are trusting the Lord. You are left out in the cold with your stubborn pride. and they are safe within the shelter of His arms.

I feel sorry for you....charging your loved ones with sin, while you are the one who is LOST.

Everyone who believes the false teachings that you and your ilk preach will be responsible for all those who succumb to alcoholism, drug addition, sexual immorality, and more.

glorydaz

You want a debate and discussion site, but when you can't defend your false doctrines with truth, you try to stop me by having me removed from threads.

If I want to reply to what someone says, and they the same to me, what is it to you?

I'm sick of seeing you make the same false claims while believers present evidence that could save you. Pearls before swine.

I hate seeing those who refuse God's gift of eternal life, when there are those who desire to hear the Truth you so blatantly reject. You're a thorn in the side of all true believers.

glorydaz

Everyone who believes the false teachings that you and your ilk preach will be responsible for all those who succumb to alcoholism, drug addition, sexual immorality, and more.

Liar. Those are the ones who think they have to save themselves, like you preach, and have given up because they CANNOT save themselves, and they know it.

God's Truth

Liar. Those are the ones who think they have to save themselves, like you preach, and have given up because they CANNOT save themselves, and they know it.

Jesus saves those who believe and obey him. Those are the people who KNOW they have to REPENT OF THEIR sins and those are the people who call on him to help them with the sins they need help with. Those are the people Jesus saves.

You preach against obeying Jesus. You preach that all we have to do is believe and NOT OBEY to get saved.

Do you know how many people I know who sin as always but believe they are saved because they believe?

glorydaz

Jesus saves those who believe and obey him. Those are the people who KNOW they have to REPENT OF THEIR sins and those are the people who call on him to help them with the sins they need help with. Those are the people Jesus saves.

You are flat out rejecting Paul's Gospel of Grace. This is why Paul says you are accursed. :down:

God's Truth

You are flat out rejecting Paul's Gospel of Grace. This is why Paul says you are accursed. :down:

Paul preached what Jesus preached.

You make Paul a horrific sinner and hypocrite.

You make him cursing himself by saying he preached another gospel than the gospel that Jesus preached.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most dangerous doctrine of this day and age is denying the Divinity of Jesus.

The translation team of the New English Bible seem to deny this. They not only change the original Hebrew, but they add to it. One example...

Isaiah 9:6 in the New English Bible says:

In purpose wonderful, in battle God-like, Father for all time, Prince of Peace.

(The emphasis is mine.)

The Hebrew is incontrovertible. Two words. EL GIBOR = MIGHTY GOD. It says nothing of battle or being "like" God.

Scary.

glorydaz

Paul preached what Jesus preached.

You make Paul a horrific sinner and hypocrite.

You make him cursing himself by saying he preached another gospel than the gospel that Jesus preached.

Ah, so you claim Jesus preached this?

1 Cor. 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And this?

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: