The Most Dangerous Teaching

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
That is not true.

We do what Jesus says to do to get saved, and we continue obeying to stay saved.

What you are saying is that Jesus's death upon the cross was insufficient to purchase our salvation. That is worse than Calvinism.

God's Truth

What you are saying is that Jesus's death upon the cross was insufficient to purchase our salvation. That is worse than Calvinism.

What you preach is the hardest one can go against God Himself.

You preach that all His words were nailed to the cross and that we are only to believe and do not obey.

Who do you think might be behind such a teaching?

God's Truth

And here you are once again....monopolizing an entire thread.

You've now posted over half of the posts. :troll:

So what? Anyone can post as much as they want. Why are you counting? Posting doesn't stop posting. As I said before, you try anything to go against preaching to obey Jesus.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
What you preach is the hardest one can go against God Himself.

You preach that all His words were nailed to the cross and that we are only to believe and do not obey.

Who do you think might be behind such a teaching?
Boy did you get that wrong! I said obedience arises out of our salvation. We love God so we obey Him out of love, not out of some impossible effort to purchase our salvation.

[h=1]Matthew 25:37-40 New International Version (NIV)[/h] 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Note that those obeying Christ's command to love and serve one another didn't even realize that they were doing it! They just did what needed to be done because it needed to be done, not because they were trying to earn something.

God's Truth

Boy did you get that wrong!
No, you still don't get it.

I said obedience arises out of our salvation.

What don't you get about no one even HAS salvation unless they believe and obey.

Jesus says to believe and repent of our sins.

Don't you know about Jesus saying that?

How about humbling yourself as a child or you can never enter?

That is about being humble and admitting you are a sinner and being willing to do whatever God says to do and repent of your sins.

We love God so we obey Him out of love, not out of some impossible effort to purchase our salvation.

Jesus SAYS LOVE IS OBEYING HIM.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he tells us whom he chooses to save.

Jesus is the Way and he tells us HOW TO get there.

[h=1]Matthew 25:37-40 New International Version (NIV)[/h] 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

That is about welcoming Jesus apostles', feeding them when they traveled and preached, and visiting them when they were put in prison.

Note that those obeying Christ's command to love and serve one another didn't even realize that they were doing it!

How do you think that nullifies the truth and telling others who want to get saved and are not? We have to speak truth on HOW TO GET SAVED.

They just did what needed to be done because it needed to be done, not because they were trying to earn something.

So you come along and speak against doing right, WHY?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
No, you still don't get it.

What don't you get about no one even HAS salvation unless they believe and obey.

Jesus says to believe and repent of our sins.

Don't you know about Jesus saying that?

How about humbling yourself as a child or you can never enter?

That is about being humble and admitting you are a sinner and being willing to do whatever God says to do and repent of your sins.

Jesus SAYS LOVE IS OBEYING HIM.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he tells us whom he chooses to save.

Jesus is the Way and he tells us HOW TO get there.

That is about welcoming Jesus apostles.

How do you think that nullifies the truth and telling others who want to get saved and are not? We have to speak truth on HOW TO GET SAVED.

So you come along and speak against doing right, WHY?

All those words and you end up in exactly the same place: you do not believe that Jesus's death on the cross was sufficient for you. There is something that you must do to earn your salvation.

God's Truth

All those words and you end up in exactly the same place: you do not believe that Jesus's death on the cross was sufficient for you. There is something that you must do to earn your salvation.

You are so ensnared that you can't even try to understand and reply in any descent way to what I wrote.

All you have is accusations against me.

No defense for the truth.

Where did you ever get that obeying God was a sin?

Where did you ever get that God gives the gift of the Holy Spirit and eternal life to those who said they believe and were careful NOT to obey?

God's Truth

Grace is that we no longer have to do the purification works to clean ourselves, just to go to the temple where God's Spirit was.

Grace is that we now only have to have faith that Jesus' shed blood on the cross cleans us---of the sins we repent of doing, and we become the temple.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You are so ensnared that you can't even try to understand and reply in any descent way to what I wrote.

All you have is accusations against me.

No defense for the truth.

Where did you ever get that obeying God was a sin? This is a figment of your imagination. I never said that.

Where did you ever get that God gives the gift of the Holy Spirit and eternal life to those who said they believe and were careful NOT to obey?

You preach a works based salvation, an incomplete salvation that requires you to earn your salvation. Note that I said our obedience to God is the result of our salvation, not the cause.

glorydaz

Works are a result of faith.

Yep, As God has ordained.

Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​

And it's why boasting is excluded by the Law of Faith. Our Faith is in Christ and we are His workmanship.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.​

Sadly, it's people like God's Untruth who boast incessantly in there own obedience, though it is be EXCLUDED. Her boasting is against the Law of Faith.

God's Truth

You preach a works based salvation, an incomplete salvation that requires you to earn your salvation. Note that I said our obedience to God is the result of our salvation, not the cause.

No one gets saved for just believing.

That is a false teaching you got into.

Mark 1:15 "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Jesus says you will not be blessed as a disciple, as a family member and as a friend if you do not do what he says.

John 8:35 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.