ECT The LORD God of Division

God's Truth

"I always obey Jesus"-you

Sell all you have-"always" obey.

Jesus does not tell everyone to do that. Jesus does not promote worldwide homelessness.

Jesus said that to those who would be traveling ministers, as he himself was, during the laying of the foundation.

Let us reason together.

Can you be reasonable?

HisServant

Jesus does not tell everyone to do that. Jesus does not promote worldwide homelessness.

Jesus said that to those who would be traveling ministers, as he himself was, during the laying of the foundation.

Let us reason together.

Can you be reasonable?

So you can reason away his commands based on your assumptions.... and you stick to them when they fit your assumptions.

Pretty lukewarm there...

john w

Hall of Fame
We no longer are able to do those things as they did while the foundation was being laid.

"I obey all of Jesus' teachings."-you

Vs.

We no longer have to obey.....

You vile deceiver, as "all of"/"everything," does not really mean that, and you lied, when you say that you always obey God/"Jesus," always obey His teachings..

Child of the devil.

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I always obey Jesus...I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says."”-God’sUNTruth

Vs.

We no longer have to obey.........-you

HisServant

You described yourself exactly. Tell me, how is reasoning away his commands, you or me?

You just asked the previous poster to reason away his command that you sell all you own and give it to the poor by saying that that command was for a particular time and purpose.

What commands are suitable for reasoning away and which aren't according to your gospel?

God's Truth

You just asked the previous poster to reason away his command that you sell all you own and give it to the poor by saying that that command was for a particular time and purpose.

What commands are suitable for reasoning away and which aren't according to your gospel?

You reasoned away ALL of Jesus' commands by saying we do not have to obey any of them!

HisServant

You reasoned away ALL of Jesus' commands by saying we do not have to obey any of them!

I only reasoned as much as it took to understand his commands within the context and culture of the audience he spoke to. I obey what the Holy Spirit gives me the capacity to obey... based on the truth he teaches to me. It follows the command to live via the Spirit.

Anyhow, you still haven't answered my question!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it appropriate to reason away his command to sell all your worldly belongings and give the proceeds to the poor?

God's Truth

Well... describe the specifics... what IS that change?

The change is that we no longer have to be circumcised in the flesh.

We no longer have to observe special days.

We do not have to adhere to a dietary law.

We no longer have to do various external washings.

We no longer have to give animals to sacrifice.

We no longer have to go to a priest.

We no longer have to go to a temple.

We do not have to be put to death.

We only have to obey Jesus' teachings as stated in the new covenant.

john w

Hall of Fame

Let us reason together.

Can you be reasonable?

"Jesus does not tell everyone to do that."

vs.

Spin, deceit, and you lied, then, when you said...

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I always obey Jesus...I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says."”-God’sUNTruth

...or redefine "Everything..all of".

So, you on record, then, agree that not all of the commands the Lord Jesus Christ gave, are directed to everyone?

"Jesus does not tell everyone to do that."-you

Yes, or no? You've been asked this over, and over.

john w

Hall of Fame

So, you lied here, or the below means NADA, or you redefine the words "always....everything...all of:"

HisServant

So, we only have to obey his teachings after his Resurrection when he declared the New Covenant.... right?

Or do you follow some sort of mix between the Old and New Covenants? (which seems what you are trying to teach here).

What about...

The Believer’s Freedom

23“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 24No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

25Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.”f

27If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. 29I am referring to the other person’s conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom being judged by another’s conscience? 30If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

It seems to me that you are teaching some kind of old covenant hybrid theology and have bound yourself to the entirety of the Old Covenant.

It seems to me that you are one HUGE stumbling stone.

God's Truth

So, we only have to obey his teachings after his Resurrection when he declared the New Covenant.... right?

We have to obey what Jesus says before and after his resurrection.

Or do you follow some sort of mix between the Old and New Covenants? (which seems what you are trying to teach here).

We have to obey the new law.
What about...

It seems to me that you are teaching some kind of old covenant hybrid theology and have bound yourself to the entirety of the Old Covenant.
There is a new law, it is the old law with changes.

Jesus fulfilled the old law.

It seems to me that you are one HUGE stumbling stone.

That is what God says Jesus is to those who reject Jesus.

God's Truth

What about...

Quote:
The Believer’s Freedom

23“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 24No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

25Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.”f

27If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. 29I am referring to the other person’s conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom being judged by another’s conscience? 30If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of

The believer's freedom is about not having to get circumcised, observe special days, and adhere to a dietary law.

HisServant

We have to obey what Jesus says before and after his resurrection.

We have to obey the new law.

There is a new law, it is the old law with changes.

Jesus fulfilled the old law.

That is what God says Jesus is to those who reject Jesus.

I hope you realize that not a single person was saved by obeying Jesus' teachings prior to Peters acknowledgement just before Jesus' death. His disciples had no clue who he really was. Jesus was regarded as a Jewish Rabbi and his teachings and commands were only to show how far the Jews had fallen.

So no, obedience to Jesus prior to his death is putting yourself under the judgement of the Jewish Covenant.

I am sorry you are soo lost.

HisServant

The believer's freedom is about not having to get circumcised, observe special days, and adhere to a dietary law.

The word anything was used....without caveat.

We are to live by the Golden Rule..... not by commandments.

Sorry, but you are the most illinformed and stupid person on this site....you must belong to a cult!!!!

God's Truth

The word anything was used....without caveat.

We are to live by the Golden Rule..... not by commandments.

Sorry, but you are the most illinformed and stupid person on this site....you must belong to a cult!!!!

The believer's freedom does not say we can do sin. You are badly mistaken not knowing the scriptures.