ECT The LORD God of Division

Danoh

I hope you realize that not a single person was saved by obeying Jesus' teachings prior to Peters acknowledgement just before Jesus' death. His disciples had no clue who he really was. Jesus was regarded as a Jewish Rabbi and his teachings and commands were only to show how far the Jews had fallen.

So no, obedience to Jesus prior to his death is putting yourself under the judgement of the Jewish Covenant.

I am sorry you are soo lost.

Lol, now watch Jerry come along and turn that into another 200 posts of "of course we know that" ad nauseum...

God's Truth

I hope you realize that not a single person was saved by obeying Jesus' teachings prior to Peters acknowledgement just before Jesus' death.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

His disciples had no clue who he really was. Jesus was regarded as a Jewish Rabbi and his teachings and commands were only to show how far the Jews had fallen.

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

So no, obedience to Jesus prior to his death is putting yourself under the judgement of the Jewish Covenant.

I am sorry you are soo lost.

It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus. Jesus' words are for ever.

glorydaz

So, we only have to obey his teachings after his Resurrection when he declared the New Covenant.... right?

Or do you follow some sort of mix between the Old and New Covenants? (which seems what you are trying to teach here).

What about...

It seems to me that you are teaching some kind of old covenant hybrid theology and have bound yourself to the entirety of the Old Covenant.

It seems to me that you are one HUGE stumbling stone.

We don't call her God's UNtruth for nothing. She loves to try and mix oil and water....which is why she's such a mess. :nono:

HisServant

The Holy Spirit is referred to as oil, and also as water.

You shouldn't talk about people you know nothing about.

Gods Untruth is a good name for you.... ill think i will use it from now on.

Just when i thought i had met the most lazy christian in the world, you come along and prove me wrong. Aparently ignorance knows no bounds.

HisServant

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus. Jesus' words are for ever.

Not a single one one your responses had anything to do with countering my points.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Paul is talking about not having to adhere to a dietary law.

Paul is not speaking about being able to sin.

glorydaz

1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Yep, and people just don't realize how smart God was when He delivered His "new creatures" from the law. It's the principle of the "forbidden fruit". The second man is told not to do a particular thing, he gets the urge to do it. The law was never meant to make men holy, or to give life, or to justify us. Romans 8:3

Romans 7:7-8 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.​

So, we have been delivered from the law and are under grace. That's the liberty we have IN CHRIST JESUS.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I can say with TOTAL confidence that GT is stuck in a mire of sin

Have I met her? no
Did somebody tell me? no

But her doctrines tell me it is so, it is impossible to hold those doctrines and not be a backslider of the first order. Those doctrines actually fuel all manner of flesh and filthiness.

She is like a person with measles preaching against spots

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul is talking about not having to adhere to a dietary law.
:doh:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

rainee

2 Thessalonians 2:15 (KJV)
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 (KJV)
6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

And speaking of the traditions we are to follow....

Like Baptism and The Lords Supper....?

Danoh

Neither circumcision - doing something - nor uncircumcision - not doing something - availeth anything; but a new creature - but rest; in what God has accomplished in His Son - now that avails all!

But faith; which worketh by love - but faith resting in and thus motivated by, God's great love wherewith He loved us - in that while we were yet sinners - unable to do or not do towards peace with Him - Christ died for us.

Are ye so foolish? Having begin in the Spirit - in what the Spirit did in us the moment we trusted Christ - are ye now made perfect by the flesh - by what you might do, or keep yourself from doing - to add to that?

There is a principle, a general rule of thumb, in all this the Believer is to walk according to.

The word "foolish" in Galatians 3:1 is closely related to the word for "moron."

Some are morons in their pride - they refuse to shut up; let alone, long enough to hear this simple truth out, and actually study it out with fresh eyes, that the Spirit might through His Word, enlighten the eyes of their understanding to this simple truth.

rainee

Dear Danoh,
I like you and can see you handle the scriptures however you really are looking at them kinda single- mindedly from a non Jewish perspective, right?

Neither circumcision - doing something - nor uncircumcision - not doing something - availeth anything; but a new creature - but rest; in what God has accomplished in His Son - now that avails all!

But faith; which worketh by love - but faith resting in and thus motivated by, God's great love wherewith He loved us - in that while we were yet sinners - unable to do or not do towards peace with Him - Christ died for us.

Are ye so foolish? Having begin in the Spirit - in what the Spirit did in us the moment we trusted Christ - are ye now made perfect by the flesh - by what you might do, or keep yourself from doing - to add to that?

There is a principle, a general rule of thumb, in all this the Believer is to walk according to.

Sigh.

Romans 4:7-12
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven,
And whose sins have been covered.
8 “Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account.”

9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also?

For we say, “Faith was credited to Abraham as righteousness.”
10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised?

Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised;

11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised,

so that

he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,

12 and

the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.

So you see, Danoh?
The sign of Circumcision doesn't save as you knew it would not, but similarly to Baptism, it does serve a certain people, called out people. Yes?

Danoh

Dear Danoh,
I like you and can see you handle the scriptures however you really are looking at them kinda single- mindedly from a non Jewish perspective, right?

Sigh.

Romans 4:7-12
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven,
And whose sins have been covered.
8 “Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account.”

9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also?

For we say, “Faith was credited to Abraham as righteousness.”
10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised?

Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised;

11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised,

so that

he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,

12 and

the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.

We obviously differ on that.

I do see it from a "neither Jew, nor Gentile" perspective.

From that; those passages, as with Galatians; are addressing Jews as to the importance that they see that "faith" alone had been the issue before Abraham was circumcised.

Because faith was and is the issue.

Back when the Law was in effect, Rom. 2:25, but now, that it is not, Romans 3: 21, given what God is presently doing; and again, when it will be in effect, the other side of that, Romans 11:25.