Stop ! Don't shoot !

oatmeal

Hello everyone,
I hardly ever post on here .
I understand this is a Christian forum , and if you just want to share same beliefs and swap favourite bible verses then maybe your membership should be a little more inclusive . But of course there are many denominations under the "Christian " umbrella and many none Christian faiths .
I just can not stand the amount of hate , anger , discrimination and childish name calling that goes on whenever some one states a different belief . It is horrendous, not to mention hypocritical of a group of people who are meant to have the love and compassion of God .
One of the main reasons I left church and not been back is because we act one way out in public but are so venomous and judgmental when we think we are hidden and can not be held accountable .
And that's it really , just wanted to get that off my chest , I really don't want to debate on how we should judge , or how Jesus came to divide , or the bible is a two edged sword etc etc as mentioned above my beliefs especially regarding the bible will not be the same as yours so will not have the desired affect . Think of it as one human to another asking for more love and compassion, like I said I have a simple faith . Xx

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

There is a lot of venomous words and hatred and name calling on this site.

But not everyone resorts to that stuff.

deborah

Hello again , thankyou for all your comments.
I suppose it is a little ironic and obviously should have thought a little more before posting , in my defence I never called anyone out by name to ridicule or pass judgment on , this i believe is the job of someone much higher than I . Merely commenting on what I have observed and if some are offended I apologise .
As someone commented that I haven't spoken of beliefs yet , which is true however it didn't stop someone from saying they are wrong .
I understand this is a spiritual battle and of course people will and should defend their faith . But surely it should be in a fashion that portrays God and draws people to us with our compassion , understanding and yes sometimes a lot of patience .

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hello again , thankyou for all your comments.
I suppose it is a little ironic and obviously should have thought a little more before posting , in my defence I never called anyone out by name to ridicule or pass judgment on , this i believe is the job of someone much higher than I . Merely commenting on what I have observed and if some are offended I apologise .
As someone commented that I haven't spoken of beliefs yet , which is true however it didn't stop someone from saying they are wrong .
I understand this is a spiritual battle and of course people will and should defend their faith . But surely it should be in a fashion that portrays God and draws people to us with our compassion , understanding and yes sometimes a lot of patience .

I said your beliefs are wrong, your beliefs about this site.

deborah

So for those who are interested and would like a chat about anything really here's my story ;
I started going to church with my husband who I met when I was 13 . He attended an independent fundamentalist baptist church with his family . This was my church home for 25 years . At that point as I started to become more open minded and asked a lot of questions about what I was being taught I realised there was a whole world of other faiths and different ways of looking at things .
For the years that followed I visited different churches spoke to and studied with a few different denominations. From jehovahs witnesses to Latter Day Saints , Muslims , pagans , atheists and spiritualists .
I really enjoy listening to others beliefs and why they believe it , I think it's important to understand other ways so you know what your talking about when it comes to defending your own or so I try not to sound ignorant when talking to others .
In a nutshell I try and keep my faith simple , yes I believe in God and his son Jesus . But that the message Jesus spread is so simple and honest that a lot of people miss it by get bogged down in doctrine .

exminister

It's a sad and lonely world if you only converse with those who have the same opinions as yours .

The Dali Lama said something like if you only talk you only repeat what you know, but if you listen you might learn something. I like you enjoying learning and don't fear it like some here.
If you choose to post I will enjoy reading it.

exminister

Doesn't matter what I write does it ? I'm not judging , just telling you why I never post on here . I feel like I'm being judged for my beliefs . And you can post as much scripture as you like , my point still stands . Every time you encounter someone who differs you have such anger and outrage that it is incomprehensible to you just to say "ok , cool , how are you " . My place is not to say who's beliefs are right and wrong . And I strongly belief yours isn't either . But don't twist how I feel for what you are doing. Maybe that's your own guilty conscience.

They are as agreeable as any Pharisee or Sadducee. Straining at a gnat is their forte. Agree or burn. Easy choice. :rotfl:

deborah

I apologised for any offence caused and I think it's is different . Saying I observe hostility on here is a lot different than calling out an individual for their differences and even worse using name calling . Doesnt Jesus warn calling people a fool gets you a one way ticket to hell ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I apologised for any offence caused and I think it's is different . Saying I observe hostility on here is a lot different than calling out an individual for their differences and even worse using name calling . Doesnt Jesus warn calling people a fool gets you a one way ticket to hell ?

Nobody is judging you

deborah

Matthew 5:22 NKJV
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without cause shall be in danger of judgement.And whoever says to his brother "raca!" Shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says "you fool" shall be in danger of hell fire .

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is an accusation against the Master accusing him of judging:

He ordered me to judge. Not a pervert like you. You also intentionally left off all that he said. You devil worshiping pig. How long will you pervert the straight ways of the Lord?

Matthew 7:1 KJV
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Here is the rest. And it shows why you ignored it. Because you are an actor and a hypocrite, you judged me in your post while saying don't judge.

5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

John 7

24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And because you are outside of Christ, you cannot judge with righteous judgment. You cannot see past the veil because you choose for the veil to be there.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:22 NKJV
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without cause shall be in danger of judgement.And whoever says to his brother "raca!" Shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says "you fool" shall be in danger of hell fire .
Like I said, :idunno:. Luke 24:25 (KJV)

daqq

He ordered me to judge. Not a pervert like you. You also intentionally left off all that he said. You devil worshiping pig. How long will you pervert the straight ways of the Lord?

Here is the rest. And it shows why you ignored it. Because you are an actor and a hypocrite, you judged me in your post while saying don't judge.

5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

John 7

24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

And because you are outside of Christ, you cannot judge with righteous judgment. You cannot see past the veil because you choose for the veil to be there.

Uhmm, I did not ignore anything but you certainly just did:

Matthew 7:1-3 KJV
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

And besides all the other accusations and evil speaking which you just leveled against me, (blaspheming my heavenly Father by calling me a devil worshiper), you also do not even believe Paul, and that is from many passages and statements, not the least of which is Romans 2:1.

Romans 2:1 KJV
1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

You therefore, just as your friend glorydaz, are twisting the words of both Messiah and Paul to suit your own privately held doctrines and justify yourselves in the machinations of your imaginations for the evil speaking that you practice day in and day out. You only condemn yourself with your judging of others and the Word is judging you here, (not me), because you oppose these statements of both the Messiah and Paul. You reject the Messiah when you reject his words just as you have done here, (and blasphemy of the Spirit of my Father is even much worse). It is you who are on the outside and your words prove what I say; for the tree is known by its fruit, and what comes forth from the mouth proceeds from the heart, and those things defile a person, Matthew 15:18-20.

daqq

How long will you pervert the straight ways of the Lord?

And using the statement Paul made to Bar-Jesus son of Jesus the word-sorcerer does not apply to me because I am not the one who claims "Jesus is YHWH", (the Father). That is your Mid-Acts MAD crowd who makes that claim. Go ask EE and crew, they'll tell you Jesus is your daddy. :rotfl:

daqq

Like I said, :idunno:. Luke 24:25 (KJV)

Get a better translation; the word there means unwise or inconsiderate, (not "blockhead").

Luke 24:25 YLT
25 And he said unto them, 'O inconsiderate and slow in heart, to believe on all that the prophets spake!