Stop ! Don't shoot !

deborah

Hello everyone,
I hardly ever post on here . Various reasons being that I don't think my comments would be welcome and almost certainly end in arguments and Ill feeling and I have a pretty simple faith and would be totally lost with all your knowledge .
However I read daily , mainly because i love to hear other people's beliefs and points of view and maybe challenge some of my own .
However there is one particularly big fly in the ointment that I have tried to ignore many times , but I feel the need to post so I hope you indulge me rather than give the same treatment I'm about to accuse some of you of .
I understand this is a Christian forum , and if you just want to share same beliefs and swap favourite bible verses then maybe your membership should be a little more inclusive . But of course there are many denominations under the "Christian " umbrella and many none Christian faiths .
I just can not stand the amount of hate , anger , discrimination and childish name calling that goes on whenever some one states a different belief . It is horrendous, not to mention hypocritical of a group of people who are meant to have the love and compassion of God .
One of the main reasons I left church and not been back is because we act one way out in public but are so venomous and judgmental when we think we are hidden and can not be held accountable .
And that's it really , just wanted to get that off my chest , I really don't want to debate on how we should judge , or how Jesus came to divide , or the bible is a two edged sword etc etc as mentioned above my beliefs especially regarding the bible will not be the same as yours so will not have the desired affect . Think of it as one human to another asking for more love and compassion, like I said I have a simple faith . Xx

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hello everyone,
I hardly ever post on here . Various reasons being that I don't think my comments would be welcome and almost certainly end in arguments and Ill feeling and I have a pretty simple faith and would be totally lost with all your knowledge .
However I read daily , mainly because i love to hear other people's beliefs and points of view and maybe challenge some of my own .
However there is one particularly big fly in the ointment that I have tried to ignore many times , but I feel the need to post so I hope you indulge me rather than give the same treatment I'm about to accuse some of you of .
I understand this is a Christian forum , and if you just want to share same beliefs and swap favourite bible verses then maybe your membership should be a little more inclusive . But of course there are many denominations under the "Christian " umbrella and many none Christian faiths .
I just can not stand the amount of hate , anger , discrimination and childish name calling that goes on whenever some one states a different belief . It is horrendous, not to mention hypocritical of a group of people who are meant to have the love and compassion of God .
One of the main reasons I left church and not been back is because we act one way out in public but are so venomous and judgmental when we think we are hidden and can not be held accountable .
And that's it really , just wanted to get that off my chest , I really don't want to debate on how we should judge , or how Jesus came to divide , or the bible is a two edged sword etc etc as mentioned above my beliefs especially regarding the bible will not be the same as yours so will not have the desired affect . Think of it as one human to another asking for more love and compassion, like I said I have a simple faith . Xx

Shalom.

I am a Jew. I used to be a Christian. It is good to hear you express some of your story here. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

deborah

Hi Jacob ,
Thank you for the kind reply . Would be interested to hear why or how your beliefs changed . While I am an avid reader of the bible and have many different version to study and read from I do not believe it is the very infallible ,literal word of God ... pause for shocked gasp ... .

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi Jacob ,
Thank you for the kind reply . Would be interested to hear why or how your beliefs changed . While I am an avid reader of the bible and have many different version to study and read from I do not believe it is the very infallible ,literal word of God ... pause for shocked gasp ... .

Your beliefs are false. Stick to the King James Bible

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
James 3:17-18English Standard Version (ESV)

17*But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

18*And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

10Out of the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, this should not be!

deborah

I agree , and I see not remit or clause as to whom is allowed to participate in the above verses . X

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just can not stand the amount of hate , anger , discrimination and childish name calling that goes on whenever some one states a different belief .

Like this?

6 Now when they had gone through the island to Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew whose name was Bar-Jesus, 7 who was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, an intelligent man. This man called for Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God. 8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so his name is translated) withstood them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith. 9 Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 10 and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I really don't want to debate on how we should judge

Like this?

So you don't want to judge, except when you want to judge. I'm just checking. :)

deborah

Doesn't matter what I write does it ? I'm not judging , just telling you why I never post on here . I feel like I'm being judged for my beliefs . And you can post as much scripture as you like , my point still stands . Every time you encounter someone who differs you have such anger and outrage that it is incomprehensible to you just to say "ok , cool , how are you " . My place is not to say who's beliefs are right and wrong . And I strongly belief yours isn't either . But don't twist how I feel for what you are doing. Maybe that's your own guilty conscience.

turbosixx

Hi Jacob ,
While I am an avid reader of the bible and have many different version to study and read from I do not believe it is the very infallible ,literal word of God ... pause for shocked gasp ... .

Sounds like to me, if you don't believe it's" infallible ,literal word of God", then you must simply view it as a good way to live life. If that is the case, then you would be free to choose any religion you like.

I believe it is the literal word of God and has the words of eternal life unlike any other religion.
Jn. 6:68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. This is how I look at it. If God can create the universe from nothing, then he can give us his infallible word.

It's good you study from different versions but I would recommend the word for word translations.

I agree. For so called Christians, some do not act Christ like. They have no love, compassion or mercy.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Doesn't matter what I write does it ? I'm not judging , just telling you why I never post on here . I feel like I'm being judged for my beliefs . And you can post as much scripture as you like , my point still stands . Every time you encounter someone who differs you have such anger and outrage that it is incomprehensible to you just to say "ok , cool , how are you " . My place is not to say who's beliefs are right and wrong . And I strongly belief yours isn't either . But don't twist how I feel for what you are doing. Maybe that's your own guilty conscience.

Hi!
How are you?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:chuckle:

When you tell somebody "don't judge", you are judging them. The irony.

Arthur Brain

It's bizarre sometimes to see so much anger, hate and bile from those that profess a faith you'd think would cure them from it, but then there's many people here who display 'the fruits' too so don't let the 'angry' ones stop you from posting.

My 2 cents...

CherubRam

Hi Jacob ,

It is wise to hear all sides of the story in searching for the truth.