Stop ! Don't shoot !

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Doesn't matter what I write does it ? I'm not judging , just telling you why I never post on here . I feel like I'm being judged for my beliefs . And you can post as much scripture as you like , my point still stands . Every time you encounter someone who differs you have such anger and outrage that it is incomprehensible to you just to say "ok , cool , how are you " . My place is not to say who's beliefs are right and wrong . And I strongly belief yours isn't either . But don't twist how I feel for what you are doing. Maybe that's your own guilty conscience.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
You have yet to expound on "your beliefs" - how are we supposed to know what kind of conversation you want? You started off complaining about posters here

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Hello everyone,
I hardly ever post on here . Various reasons being that I don't think my comments would be welcome and almost certainly end in arguments and Ill feeling and I have a pretty simple faith and would be totally lost with all your knowledge .
However I read daily , mainly because i love to hear other people's beliefs and points of view and maybe challenge some of my own .
However there is one particularly big fly in the ointment that I have tried to ignore many times , but I feel the need to post so I hope you indulge me rather than give the same treatment I'm about to accuse some of you of .
I understand this is a Christian forum , and if you just want to share same beliefs and swap favourite bible verses then maybe your membership should be a little more inclusive . But of course there are many denominations under the "Christian " umbrella and many none Christian faiths .
I just can not stand the amount of hate , anger , discrimination and childish name calling that goes on whenever some one states a different belief . It is horrendous, not to mention hypocritical of a group of people who are meant to have the love and compassion of God .
One of the main reasons I left church and not been back is because we act one way out in public but are so venomous and judgmental when we think we are hidden and can not be held accountable .
And that's it really , just wanted to get that off my chest , I really don't want to debate on how we should judge , or how Jesus came to divide , or the bible is a two edged sword etc etc as mentioned above my beliefs especially regarding the bible will not be the same as yours so will not have the desired affect . Think of it as one human to another asking for more love and compassion, like I said I have a simple faith . Xx
Others have already said it, but you're judging. You see through your eyes, and you see "hate, anger, discrimination," but you don't see love, not according to you, so you judge that we don't love each other, and call us hypocrites. It's love that we're expressing, and there's an idea that people have in their head for what love's supposed to look like, and if behavior doesn't match this picture, then it's not love, but that presumes an enormous authority to judge, that is unwarranted and false.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead? He either did or He didn't. If He did, then there's an official story and explanation, and we argue about what that official story and explanation is. It's a fruitful endeavor because ultimately we've got to convert the whole world to the faith; faith that He is risen.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello everyone,
I hardly ever post on here . Various reasons being that I don't think my comments would be welcome and almost certainly end in arguments and Ill feeling and I have a pretty simple faith and would be totally lost with all your knowledge .
However I read daily , mainly because i love to hear other people's beliefs and points of view and maybe challenge some of my own .
However there is one particularly big fly in the ointment that I have tried to ignore many times , but I feel the need to post so I hope you indulge me rather than give the same treatment I'm about to accuse some of you of .
I understand this is a Christian forum , and if you just want to share same beliefs and swap favourite bible verses then maybe your membership should be a little more inclusive . But of course there are many denominations under the "Christian " umbrella and many none Christian faiths .
I just can not stand the amount of hate , anger , discrimination and childish name calling that goes on whenever some one states a different belief . It is horrendous, not to mention hypocritical of a group of people who are meant to have the love and compassion of God .
One of the main reasons I left church and not been back is because we act one way out in public but are so venomous and judgmental when we think we are hidden and can not be held accountable .
And that's it really , just wanted to get that off my chest , I really don't want to debate on how we should judge , or how Jesus came to divide , or the bible is a two edged sword etc etc as mentioned above my beliefs especially regarding the bible will not be the same as yours so will not have the desired affect . Think of it as one human to another asking for more love and compassion, like I said I have a simple faith . Xx

Just do not think of it as a Christian message board. It is not, it is an accumulation of all sorts.

LA

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
For our justification Romans 4:25 KJV -
Isn't it wonderful that we're confronted with this marvelous event, that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and instead of that being the end of the story, which would be fine! . . . instead of that being the end of the wonderfully good story, there's an enormous amount of reliable information, to answer and address every conceivable question we might have, about what it means that He rose from the dead?

daqq

When you tell somebody "don't judge", you are judging them. The irony.

That is an accusation against the Master accusing him of judging:

Matthew 7:1 KJV
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

He is not judging his disciples by telling them not to judge.
He is teaching them, and in this case, commanding and warning them.

John 8:15 KJV
15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

John 12:46-48 KJV
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word
[Logos] that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

glorydaz

Doesn't matter what I write does it ? I'm not judging , just telling you why I never post on here . I feel like I'm being judged for my beliefs . And you can post as much scripture as you like , my point still stands . Every time you encounter someone who differs you have such anger and outrage that it is incomprehensible to you just to say "ok , cool , how are you " . My place is not to say who's beliefs are right and wrong . And I strongly belief yours isn't either . But don't twist how I feel for what you are doing. Maybe that's your own guilty conscience.

Actually, you haven't said anything about your beliefs.

You've only told us you don't like people to say mean things. Well, you might find that on Facebook....well, no, I can't say that. You might find it at a neighborhood party....well, no, I can't say that, either.

We live in a world of sin, and believers and unbelievers post on this site. We aren't here to be fakey nice but to convince non believers they should turn to God with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. It's a spiritual battle we're engaging in, and any battle can get ugly. If you're so weak that you're easily offended then there are other sites that might fit you better. There are lots of pretenders out there for your enjoyment.

glorydaz

That is an accusation against the Master accusing him of judging:

Matthew 7:1 KJV
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

He is not judging his disciples by telling them not to judge.
He is teaching them, and in this case, commanding and warning them.

John 8:15 KJV
15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

John 12:46-48 KJV
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word
[Logos] that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

No, Nihilo. [edit to Daqq) There is a judging done only by God, and there is a judging we are to do. Nick was talking about that which we are to do.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Last edited:

daqq

No, Nihilo. There is a judging done only by God, and there is a judging we are to do. Nick was talking about that which we are to do.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Not so, the Master says, Do not judge, lest you be judged, (as quoted from Mt 7:1), and he also says that he himself judges no one, (as quoted from John 8:15 and John 12:46-48). And he also says that the Father judges no one, (John 5:22), but has committed all judgment to the Son, (who is the Logos-Word and not himself because the words that he speaks are not his own, but the Father's who sent him, John 14:24). What Nick said was a blanket statement designed to justify himself and defend what he imagines to be his right to run around judging others in opposition to the Testimony of the Master in Mt 7:1. The point was not to judge Nick in what I said and posted but to show that what he said is in error because it contradicts what the Master teaches. Also, quoting Paul out of context is meaningless because if Paul contradicts what the Master teaches then you simply do not understand Paul. Also, I am not Nihilo.

glorydaz

Not so, the Master says, Do not judge, lest you be judged, (as quoted from Mt 7:1), and he also says that he himself judges no one, (as quoted from John 8:15 and John 12:46-48). And he also says that the Father judges no one, (John 5:22), but has committed all judgment to the Son, (who is the Logos-Word and not himself because the words that he speaks are not his own, but the Father's who sent him, John 14:24). What Nick said was a blanket statement designed to justify himself and defend what he imagines to be his right to run around judging others in opposition to the Testimony of the Master in Mt 7:1. The point was not to judge Nick in what I said and posted but to show that what he said is in error because it contradicts what the Master teaches. Also, quoting Paul out of context is meaningless because if Paul contradicts what the Master teaches then you simply do not understand Paul. Also, I am not Nihilo.

If I'd have realized it was YOU, I wouldn't have bothered saying anything.

I am pleased it wasn't Nihilo, though. Whew....

And you're wrong. The difference is in the word Judge. God judges sin, and we are to judge (discern) the truth of what others are saying. So, you're rambling on about something you have taken out of context.

daqq

If I'd have realized it was YOU, I wouldn't have bothered saying anything.

I am pleased it wasn't Nihilo, though. Whew....

And you're wrong. The difference is in the word Judge. God judges sin, and we are to judge (discern) the truth of what others are saying. So, you're rambling on about something you have taken out of context.

The Logos-Word is the only Judge, the Seeker and the Judge.
You have no clue what you are ranting on about.

John 8:50
50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one who seeks and judges.

glorydaz

The Logos-Word is the only Judge, the Seeker and the Judge.
You have no clue what you are ranting on about.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one who seeks and judges.

You don't know scripture very well, then, do you? God will judge all men, as these verses show clearly. It was the Word (God) who became flesh, and we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.​

We who are spiritual are to judge all things. There is a difference.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.​

daqq

You don't know scripture very well, then, do you? God will judge all men, as these verses show clearly. It was the Word (God) who became flesh, and we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.​

We who are spiritual are to judge all things. There is a difference.
1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.​

You again do not even believe the Testimony of the one you claim is God Almighty:

The words of the Anointed One are SPIRIT and they are Life.
If indeed his words are Spirit then WHO exactly is that SPIRIT?

John 6:62-63
62 What then if you should behold the Son of Man ascending up to where he was before?
63 It is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you,
they are Spirit, and they are Life.

The Father judges no one but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 5:22
22. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

The Anointed One does not testify of himself and therefore does not claim to be Elohim:

John 5:31
31 If I testify of myself, my testimony is not true.

The Anointed One emphatically states that he himself judges no one:

John 8:15
15. You judge after the flesh: I judge no one.

There is only one who judges and he is the Seeker and the Judge:

50. And I seek not mine own glory: one there is, the Seeker and Judge. [Rev 2:23]

The Logos-Word is the Seeker and the Judge:

John 12:47-48
47. And if anyone hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but that the world might be delivered.
48. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the LOGOS-WORD that I have spoken, THAT ONE shall judge him in the last day [Rev 19:11-16].

The Logos-Word which the Anointed One speaks is not his own:

John 14:24
24. He that loves me not, keeps not my sayings: and the Logos-Word which you hear is not of me, but of the Father who sent me.

NONE of the above emphatic statements are ever going to pass away:

Matthew 24:35 (Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33)
35 The heavens and the earth shall pass away; but my words shall not pass away.

To deny the plain emphatic statements of the Master quoted above is to deny Messiah.
To deny the Logos-Reasoning behind these statements is to deny the Logos-Word.

The Father judges no one, (John 5:22).
The Anointed One judges no one, (John 8:15, John 12:47-48).
The Father has committed all judgment unto the Son, (John 5:22).
The Anointed One does not testify concerning himself, (John 5:31).
The Anointed One does not seek his own glory, (John 8:50).
The Anointed One testifies concerning the Father and the Son.
The Son is therefore the only Judge.

The Father is not the Judge.
The Anointed One is not the Judge.
The Logos-Word that the Anointed One spoke is the Judge.
The Anointed One himself therefore cannot be the Logos-Word.
The Logos-Word is the only begotten Elohim-Son of Elohim, (John 1:18).
The Testimony of the Anointed One shall never pass away, (Mt 24:35, Mk 13:31, Lk 21:33).

The Anointed One was Anointed with the Son of Elohim who descended from the heavens.
The Son of Elohim is the Logos-Memra-Word of the Almighty Father YHWH Elohim.

glorydaz

You again do not even believe the Testimony of the one you claim is God Almighty:

The words of the Anointed One are SPIRIT and they are Life.
If indeed his words are Spirit then WHO exactly is that SPIRIT?

John 6:62-63
62 What then if you should behold the Son of Man ascending up to where he was before?
63 It is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you,
they are Spirit, and they are Life.

The Father judges no one but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 5:22
22. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

The Anointed One does not testify of himself and therefore does not claim to be Elohim:

John 5:31
31 If I testify of myself, my testimony is not true.

The Anointed One emphatically states that he himself judges no one:

John 8:15
15. You judge after the flesh: I judge no one.

There is only one who judges and he is the Seeker and the Judge:

50. And I seek not mine own glory: one there is, the Seeker and Judge. [Rev 2:23]

The Logos-Word is the Seeker and the Judge:

John 12:47-48
47. And if anyone hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but that the world might be delivered.
48. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the LOGOS-WORD that I have spoken, THAT ONE shall judge him in the last day [Rev 19:11-16].

The Logos-Word which the Anointed One speaks is not his own:

John 14:24
24. He that loves me not, keeps not my sayings: and the Logos-Word which you hear is not of me, but of the Father who sent me.

NONE of the above emphatic statements are ever going to pass away:

Matthew 24:35 (Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33)
35 The heavens and the earth shall pass away; but my words shall not pass away.

To deny the plain emphatic statements of the Master quoted above is to deny Messiah.
To deny the Logos-Reasoning behind these statements is to deny the Logos-Word.

The Father judges no one, (John 5:22).
The Anointed One judges no one, (John 8:15, John 12:47-48).
The Father has committed all judgment unto the Son, (John 5:22).
The Anointed One does not testify concerning himself, (John 5:31).
The Anointed One does not seek his own glory, (John 8:50).
The Anointed One testifies concerning the Father and the Son.
The Son is therefore the only Judge.

The Father is not the Judge.
The Anointed One is not the Judge.
The Logos-Word that the Anointed One spoke is the Judge.
The Anointed One himself therefore cannot be the Logos-Word.
The Logos-Word is the only begotten Elohim-Son of Elohim, (John 1:18).
The Testimony of the Anointed One shall never pass away, (Mt 24:35, Mk 13:31, Lk 21:33).

The Anointed One was Anointed with the Son of Elohim who descended from the heavens.
The Son of Elohim is the Logos-Memra-Word of the Almighty Father YHWH Elohim.

So you deny the Lord Jesus Christ is God....is that what this is all about?

Then you have no Saviour, do you?

marhig

Hello everyone,

Have no fear Deborah, if God is with you, fear no one. God will give you the word when needed. Christ Jesus said that we will suffer persecution for his name's sake, we are to take it on the chin and forgive others no matter what they say about us. Only God knows our hearts.

I'm not of any church either, Jesus isn't a denomination, the church are those who belong to him and live by the will of God, and those who live by the will of God and brothers and sisters in Christ. It's not those who belong to a particular denomination. Jesus said, where two or three are gathered together, there I will be in the midst. And the two can be you and the Holy Spirit.

I believe differently from others too, for a start, I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is the son of God, but I don't believe in the trinity. What do you believe in?

Ps. Faith is an amazing thing to have, it is what we are saved through, by the grace of God :)

chair

hs .
I just can not stand the amount of hate , anger , discrimination and childish name calling that goes on whenever some one states a different belief . It is horrendous, not to mention hypocritical of a group of people who are meant to have the love and compassion of God ...

She's right. It can get pretty disgusting here. It usually does- it is a rare thread that doesn't devolve to name calling within a few posts.

daqq

So you deny the Lord Jesus Christ is God....is that what this is all about?

Then you have no Saviour, do you?

Have you "rightly divided" as you and yours claim for yourselves from that passage so often? If so then why do you judge me for quoting the Word you claim to know, love, and even worship? It can only be that you do not believe the Word I quoted from the one whom you claim is God Almighty. I just showed you from the same Word who is the Meshiah, the Christ, and therefore obviously I do not deny him. Your insinuation and judgment thereby are both false. And the more you judge the more the Logos-Word is going to judge you until your false doctrine collapses into the shifty sand of your foundation.