Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Then why are you here? The Christians here don't want your drek.

Awwww, poor Sherman, struck a nerve hey? Well, the answer to that is that Jesus went right into the heart of the stuck-up right wingers at the temple and spoke the truth to their face knowing that some may hear but most wouldn't. It wasn't Jesus' Liberal teachings as much as his love exposed their hypocrisy. Sect divided Christianity today is a mere shadow of the original gospel taught 3+ years before the right wingers finally had enough. You have no other choice than to create a false list of fake charges.

Right Divider

Body part
Awwww, poor Sherman, struck a nerve hey? Well, the answer to that is that Jesus went right into the heart of the stuck-up right wingers at the temple and spoke the truth to their face knowing that some may hear but most wouldn't. It wasn't Jesus' Liberal teachings as much as his love exposed their hypocrisy. Sect divided Christianity today is a mere shadow of the original gospel taught 3+ years before the right wingers finally had enough. You have no other choice than to create a false list of fake charges.
Caino, you are so full of hot air that it does annoy real believers a bit.

Your understanding of the world is a fairy story and you belong on a fairy story site.

journey

The difference is that Jesus Christ had the TRUTH. What you have is a fiction novel that denies the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your mocking response only shows how hard you heart is. I only asked. Why are you here? You are the one that has your nose hiked up so high that you will drown when it rains.

The only one that corners the market on truth is God, and you are not Him.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
correcting time.....

correcting time.....

The difference is that Jesus Christ had the TRUTH. What you have is a fiction novel that denies the Gospel of the Grace of God.

But you don't know that we even have all the words or records of what Jesus did, even John said there was so much that a library or the world could not contain them,....you just trust the compilers of the books that were chosen by church councils. Furthermore, the UB record of Jesus teachings is based on the fundamental principle of love and service to others, so there is 'grace' in it,...albeit not necessarily as defined by Paul in 'his gospel',...that does not make the UB account antithetical to Paul at all, since it teaches true religious principles and values.

It emphasizes the gospel that Jesus taught while he was here in the flesh, about the kingdom of heaven built upon the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man, and how the goodnews is receiving this truth by faith, that we are sons of God, and having that realization further confirmed by spiritual rebirth, the witness of the Spirit. Paul put his own spin on the Christ-story based mostly on his own visions and personal revelations (synthesizing various elements/schools), hence various doctrines evolved on their own with various teachers that gained the greatest popularity and were later church-sanctioned.

Part 4 in the UB wonderfully presents the goodnews of Jesus, expanding on the canonical gospels, but focuses primarily on them and not Paul's innovations. A little education and research into these matters would be helpful to your understanding on these matters, and perhaps correct some of your misconceptions.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I just read the list in the op. I should be included under "Miscellaneous" with freelight as conservative rational allegorist/universalist.

Greetings Bociferous,

The 'catagory' they provided is kinda 'sloppy', but the creator tried his best with his knowledge to 'pigeonhole' me into something, although he did use a few terms in his description that can fit, ....but I AM so much more :) - 'eclectic' indeed.

I'll check out more of your stuff,....to get a better taste of your 'theology'.......so stay 'tuned' :)

Namaste!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Caino, you are so full of hot air that it does annoy real believers a bit.

Your understanding of the world is a fairy story and you belong on a fairy story site.

Just because Caino adheres to the UB as a religious guide, that does not make him a nut, anymore than you can prove any story in the Bible is an actual historical account or a 'myth' taken to be true. Again, its all a matter of faith, beyond what can be empirically proven beyond doubt. Each religious culture and tradition has their holy books and writings, some take it as true, or with a grain of salt depending on their personal sentiments or temperament ;)

Don't forget Jesus used parables a lot in his teachings,...this didn't always mean those illustrations were actual historical occurrances, they were teaching tools ;)

Right Divider

Body part
Just because Caino adheres to the UB as a religious guide, that does not make him a nut, anymore than you can prove any story in the Bible is an actual historical account or a 'myth' taken to be true. Again, its all a matter of faith, beyond what can be empirically proven beyond doubt. Each religious culture and tradition has their holy books and writings, some take it as true, or with a grain of salt depending on their personal sentiments or temperament ;)

Don't forget Jesus used parables a lot in his teachings,...this didn't always mean those illustrations were actual historical occurrances, they were teaching tools ;)
You like to sound like you really "know" something.

The Biblical accounts are backed up by actual historical facts that can be tested. Whereas your fairy story is not.

Your "Jesus" is a fabrication of someone's vivid imagination (along with your mysterious "truth providers").

Say "Hi" to L. Ron Hubbard when you see him.

P.S. Your logical fallacies are not amusing. Just because Jesus gave some parables does NOT mean that the rest of the scripture is also a parable.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Intellectual honesty......

Intellectual honesty......

You like to sound like you really "know" something.

More than you realize ;)

The Biblical accounts are backed up by actual historical facts that can be tested. Whereas your fairy story is not.

I don't think you can prove ALL the stories in the bible are "actual historical facts". I find it humorous to speak of "my fairy story", since I don't claim to believe in any particular one. Just because I co-moderate and help serve as an 'expositor' on the UB thread, because of my knowledge, research and familiarity with the material, this does not mean this is the only religious book, school or tradition that I can call "My fairy story"...since I'm a student of many different religious points of view, schools and traditions. I'm an 'eclectic', and draw from the ancient wisdom schools (theosophical) which share universal truths and principles inherent in nature and the cosmos. No one cult, school or tradition has a monopoly on the INFINITE.

See some of my past threads and engagements here. My religious studies and interest go way beyond the UB dear,....newbies here need to realize that, who are unaware of my studies. Many of my classic threads which had a lot of content were deleted in the last system upgrades. You need to know a persons history, bio and scope of experience before making premature and pot-shot judgments.

Your "Jesus" is a fabrication of someone's vivid imagination (along with your mysterious "truth providers").

My "Jesus"? :rolleyes: Oh, I guess its one 'version' of Jesus against another :) - certainly there are different portraitures, images and 'versions' of Jesus out there. Welcome to the club. There's also so many different 'versions' of a 'story'. Again, you're assuming I only represent the UB version of Jesus,...its only one of many out there that I can explore and play with, and I continue to research the wonderful character of Jesus, in both traditional and unorthodox contexts. I'm free to do just that....as any other student of truth.

As far as the UB goes, yes...each paper claims to be dictated or arranged (paraphrased) by a celestial personality of a certain order, whose knowledge and expertise on that subject is appropriate to the task. Most all religious writing lay claim to some divine inspiration (this can include the Holy Spirit, ministering angels, good and divine spirits, celestial personalities, etc.) What you look for is the truth, wisdom, ideals and principles of the writings, what religious value and meaning they possess, what is being communicated...that is key.

Say "Hi" to L. Ron Hubbard when you see him.

Sorry, I do not study L. Ron Hubbard's material, neither am attracted to it. You wrongly associate the UB with this man, like some persons on the UB thread were doing earlier (GM in particular),....I notice you've jumped onto that bandwagon.....trouble is, there is no association between Scientology and UB theology.

P.S. Your logical fallacies are not amusing. Just because Jesus gave some parables does NOT mean that the rest of the scripture is also a parable.

My statement stands, neither did I say that all scripture are parables. It just so happens that many accounts and stories in the Bible may or may not be actual historical accounts, as there is always room for creative license and story-telling (myth, embellishment, doctoring) of texts by scribes in ways that serve the religious community the books are being written for. And don't forget,...you cant be 100% sure that you have all the words Jesus ever spoke or accounts of all the wonderful things he did, according to John. Neither can you prove that records of Jesus words in non-canonical sources and more modern day revelations(messages) are NOT from Jesus....you can just make a hypothesis, assumption or speculation based on various factors.

journey

Freelight,

Your baloney is spoiled and I don't want any of it - no part of it. Your urantia UFO cult materials are garbage - lesser in quality than a Superman comic. It's hard to imagine that your garbage tries to deny the greatest event in human history and what changed. I'm talking about Jesus Christ and the Cross. Don't bother trying to sidetrack your denial of the Gospel of the Grace of God. By the way, Jesus Christ himself gave the Apostle Paul the Gospel of the Grace of God to preach. I don't need or want an explanation from you. It's simple: you're lost and don't have a clue. You have a hardened heart, so I suspect that you'll remain lost and without a clue.

Take a hint. We're not interested in the garbage you're trying to sell.

journey

Freelight,

Your eclectic garbage is still garbage, regardless of how many flavors of garbage that you study. You're so open-minded that your brains fell out. You're too busy sifting through garbage to look at the TRUTH. The Gospel of the Grace of God is the only thing that will save you. By the way, I'm not impressed with the amount of garbage that you consume.

Right Divider

Body part
More than you realize ;)
Yes, you are very prideful of your wonderful breadth of "knowledge". But it's just vain human imagination that fills your head.

I don't think you can prove ALL the stories in the bible are "actual historical facts".
When did I (or anyone for that matter) make the claim that we can "prove ALL the stories in the bible"?

Quit with the childish rhetoric.

I find it humorous to speak of "my fairy story", since I don't claim to believe in any particular one. Just because I co-moderate and help serve as an 'expositor' on the UB thread, because of my knowledge, research and familiarity with the material, this does not mean this is the only religious book, school or tradition that I can call "My fairy story"...since I'm a student of many different religious points of view, schools and traditions. I'm an 'eclectic', and draw from the ancient wisdom schools (theosophical) which share universal truths and principles inherent in nature and the cosmos. No one cult, school or tradition has a monopoly on the INFINITE.
And yet you seem to think that they are all correct somehow. Even though they make contradictory claims about the nature of reality.

Your "knowledge" of this "knowledge" is just pure man-made vanity.

See some of my past threads and engagements here. My religious studies and interest go way beyond the UB dear,....newbies here need to realize that, who are unaware of my studies. Many of my classic threads which had a lot of content were deleted in the last system upgrades. You need to know a persons history, bio and scope of experience before making premature and pot-shot judgments.
I would make the claim that neither I nor anyone needs to read or know everything that you believe to see that your view is full of vanity.

My "Jesus"? :rolleyes: Oh, I guess its one 'version' of Jesus against another :) - certainly there are different portraitures, images and 'versions' of Jesus out there. Welcome to the club. There's also so many different 'versions' of a 'story'. Again, you're assuming I only represent the UB version of Jesus,...its only one of many out there that I can explore and play with, and I continue to research the wonderful character of Jesus, in both traditional and unorthodox contexts. I'm free to do just that....as any other student of truth.
Well good for you. If you try to combine 99 false accounts with one true account, where do you think that leaves you?

As far as the UB goes, yes...each paper claims to be dictated or arranged (paraphrased) by a celestial personality of a certain order, whose knowledge and expertise on that subject is appropriate to the task. Most all religious writing lay claim to some divine inspiration (this can include the Holy Spirit, ministering angels, good and divine spirits, celestial personalities, etc.) What you look for is the truth, wisdom, ideals and principles of the writings, what religious value and meaning they possess, what is being communicated...that is key.
What is truth? You just pick what you like.

Sorry, I do not study L. Ron Hubbard's material, neither am attracted to it. You wrongly associate the UB with this man, like some persons on the UB thread were doing earlier (GM in particular),....I notice you've jumped onto that bandwagon.....trouble is, there is no association between Scientology and UB theology.
Yes, I know. I was just poking some fun. Since you pick a little here and a little there, I thought that you should go ahead toss a little LRH into your salad and mix it up.

My statement stands, neither did I say that all scripture are parables. It just so happens that many accounts and stories in the Bible may or may not be actual historical accounts, as there is always room for creative license and story-telling (myth, embellishment, doctoring) of texts by scribes in ways that serve the religious community the books are being written for. And don't forget,...you cant be 100% sure that you have all the words Jesus ever spoke or accounts of all the wonderful things he did, according to John. Neither can you prove that records of Jesus words in non-canonical sources and more modern day revelations(messages) are NOT from Jesus....you can just make a hypothesis, assumption or speculation based on various factors.
We don't need to have "all the words Jesus ever spoke or accounts of all the wonderful things he did". We have what God gave us and that's all that we need.

Well I guess that we'll just have to wing it.

Last edited:

csuguy

It is not our job as Christians to go around performing witch hunts and inquisitions; let all who claim to believe come together.

Matthew 13:24-30 Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven [m]may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed [n]tares among the wheat, and went away. 26 But when the [o]wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also. 27 The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? [p]How then does it have tares?’ 28 And he said to them, ‘An [q]enemy has done this!’ The slaves *said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he *said, ‘No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”​

Psalm 135:14
For the Lord will judge His people And will have compassion on His servants.

Romans 14:4
Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

You all haste to judgement to your own detriments. Do not judge lest you be judged, for by the measure that you judge so shall you be measured. If you judge others and cast them out for not having perfect understanding of doctrine, then you best be sure that you have perfect understanding before God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Agreed. Free light is "ever learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth". It is sad to watch a person "oppose themselves" to such a degree and toss aside the Word God gave Us to live by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
csuguy should be on the list - he's blatantly anti trinity

Choleric

Welcome back, Choleric. I hope your absence was but a welcomed respite and not the result of any of the hard providences of God.

AMR

Thanks AMR. No, just got tired of the same old topics after a while. It didn't seem beneficial to anyone and especially not me. Now it's kind of like watching a movie again several years later. You have a general remembrance of the plot, but you kind of forget the details.

:thumb:

Bociferous

Freelight,

Your baloney is spoiled and I don't want any of it - no part of it. Your urantia UFO cult materials are garbage - lesser in quality than a Superman comic. It's hard to imagine that your garbage tries to deny the greatest event in human history and what changed. I'm talking about Jesus Christ and the Cross. Don't bother trying to sidetrack your denial of the Gospel of the Grace of God. By the way, Jesus Christ himself gave the Apostle Paul the Gospel of the Grace of God to preach. I don't need or want an explanation from you. It's simple: you're lost and don't have a clue. You have a hardened heart, so I suspect that you'll remain lost and without a clue.

Take a hint. We're not interested in the garbage you're trying to sell.
I can just feel the wonderful love of Jesus in this place, praise God!