Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
but us, lukewarm Christians of modern churches? I don't think so.

If you remain lukewarm Jesus will vomit you out of his mouth. That is not a good thing.

So then, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. (Revelation 3:16)​

Epoisses

If you remain lukewarm Jesus will vomit you out of his mouth. That is not a good thing.

So then, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. (Revelation 3:16)​

You are not even lukewarm! You are a cold legalist cut off from the grace of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have no doubt that early church Christians are elect, no doubt.

but us, lukewarm Christians of modern churches? I don't think so.

Well, you do seem to KNOW everything there is to know about everything that goes on here on planet earth, so I'll just put all my trust in you from now on.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I still don't understand why there are different kinds of spiritual beings.

God and Jesus are spiritual being and elect will be spiritual being. So how do they differentiate them?

You certainly are not claiming God, Jesus and the elect are in the same hierarchy, are you?

Where are you getting your $20.00 words from? They don't seem to mix well with your broken English? You use Google a lot huh?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
This planet and universe belongs to the Creator and Lord of it...........

This planet and universe belongs to the Creator and Lord of it...........

"The universes: The galaxies are sprinkled with inhabited planets, many harboring civilizations billions of years old. The perfect central universe and the evolutionary universes such as our own all circle Paradise, the dwelling place of the eternal God at the center of all things."
(Urantia Book)

The universe belongs to the saints.

You have put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. (Hebrews 2:8)​

This is what I believe.

Jamie, I'm glad your expanding your knowledge about on what the UB reveals,....but we were discussing 'angel-wings' in particular, and seeing that the UB offers a feasible explanation of where the concept or image of 'wings' may have come from, and the text on that is here. >>>> (Paper 39 - The Seraphic hosts)

The UB reveals much on the many different orders of ministering spirits, celestial personalities and divine sons in the cosmic hierarchy and descriptions of their services.

The ministering spirits of the grand universe are classified as follows:

1. Supernaphim.
2. Seconaphim.
3. Tertiaphim.
4. Omniaphim.
5. Seraphim.
6. Cherubim and Sanobim.
7. Midway creatures

See: Personalities of the Grand Universe (just for an overview of the many various orders of beings in the cosmic hierarchy).

While the Bible only mentions 'Seraphim' and 'Cherubim',...the UB expands to include dozens of various angelic orders.

Now concerning your UB quote above, yes....the text claims there are millions of inhabited worlds within the Grand Universe of universes, there being millions of universes within the 7 Superuniverses, and more potential creation to be expanded in the outer space regions in future eternity. While the Universal Father knows all worlds and and their number, to us...they are like "worlds without end". (hence the 'metaphor' for 'eternal creation' or the 'potential of infinity').

"The earth is the Lords and all that is within it" - this indicates that this particular planet (Urantia) belongs to that particular Creator-Son who created it, and all who obey his will and choose to love and serve him will naturally rule and reign in his kingdom, but they will all be one-community, one family, one association. The Universe only belongs to us, when we become faithful to the purpose of life, loyal to the will of creation, faithful to the divine will, and assume our sonship with God, in loving relationship and service to life. Only as we join with Deity as ONE, is all that 'God' has ours as well.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Most of us in the west are lukewarm. How are we suffering for Jesus? Do you think you are exception?

Bociferous

I just read the list in the op. I should be included under "Miscellaneous" with freelight as conservative rational allegorist/universalist.

Bociferous

As I stand watching the train grow smaller into the sunset I hear gravel crunching and look up. It’s Jesus.

“Why so sad?” He asks.
I nod down the tracks. “They won’t let me ride the train. They say I’m a heretic.”
He puts His arm around my shoulders, gives me a squeeze. “Don’t worry about it. They think they’re the only ones who get to ride. That’s pretty much the way it’s always been.”

I feel better and fish my clear plastic travelling cup from my fanny pack, take a long swig of the cool liquid.

Jesus frowns slightly. “Hey, aren’t you lactose intolerant?” He asks.
“It’s not lactose,” I assure Him. “It’s half and half.” I take another long drink.
Jesus just stares at me for a while, then turns and walks away slowly.

I start off down the tracks in the direction of the receding train.