Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Bociferous

Hi Lon,

Sorry but a great deal of your post was incoherent. You posted quotes from both me and AMR and while it seems most or all of your responses were to me, it's hard to be sure. A couple of your comments are worth a response anyway.

Your rejection of Paul makes your 'feel the love' fairly clear, though
I have no idea what you're talking about--if the above was to me, your disconnect from coherence is startling. I hold Paul in higher esteem than any of the other apostles. Using passages as arrows to shoot at someone else is method--poor method, but method all the same. Building the complex of multiple points necessary to build epistemological warrant for a belief is methodology. If you took the time to learn what methodology I use you wouldn't make such off the wall statements.

It is very strange to see Pharisees scapegoated today by every cult and cult-minded. It is excuse-looking and trying to condemn Christ's body the Church.
This comment is amazing in light of the fact that even a casual reading of the gospels show that AMR's position--no new ground is to be had in theology, we are to adhere to tradition--is one of the most common postures adopted by the Jewish religious leaders against the upstart Jesus. They refused to judge Him according to honest criteria for truth, but instead judged Him by their own traditions as though these were truth itself as per Mat 15:1-6.

Zeke

No, the new-age message that you don't need anything and God is within is a heinous affront to the gospel and the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ becomes nothing more than a guru to follow rather than ZCreator and Savior of mankind.
This would have been terrible news for me, Zeke. I needed a new heart and I needed a Savior. I had a lot to be forgiven for and I had a lot of needed change that only a remake could allow.

It 'sounds' like you may have realized you needed a Savior and needed a new heart as well?

Sometimes I think you missed the forest for the trees attending some church somewhere that was perhaps not spiritually alive. Saul kicked against the Lord Jesus Christ, all the while thinking he was serving God in zeal. It seems you are caught doing similar but I'm convinced New-Age philosophy is no fitting match to Christianity.

Sadly you missed the timeless message that predated the Christian era, nothing new except the sacrificial and carnal Christ theory that is kin to Volcano virgin sacrifices, superstition 101 for your consumption.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Come Lon. Respond to this silliness. You know, the 'timeless message'. After you do that then you both can go out for a couple of beers and decide who to vote on.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
And Lon, don't forget to invite AMR. He can bring his toady Robert (Jack Frost) Pate. Then while sipping on shots of Fireball you guys can discuss the ins and outs of Salvation with the Rabbi bartender.

But don't worry. When the government turns pagan in a matter of minutes before your very eyes your Social Security payments will remain safe. No government, especially a pagan one would ever repudiate on its debt.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Come Lon. Respond to this silliness. You know, the 'timeless message'. After you do that then you both can go out for a couple of beers and decide who to vote on.

You're too easy of a target. You're too much of an imbecile to take seriously. I'd like to take you down to a lower level (verbally) however, you reached that level long ago little buddy. :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And Lon, don't forget to invite AMR. He can bring his toady Robert (Jack Frost) Pate. Then while sipping on shots of Fireball you guys can discuss the ins and outs of Salvation with the Rabbi bartender.

But don't worry. When the government turns pagan in a matter of minutes before your very eyes your Social Security payments will remain safe. No government, especially a pagan one would ever repudiate on its debt.

I finally decoded your name. "DialM4Moron." Am I on to something sonny?:devil:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi Lon,

Sorry but a great deal of your post was incoherent. You posted quotes from both me and AMR and while it seems most or all of your responses were to me, it's hard to be sure. A couple of your comments are worth a response anyway.

I have no idea what you're talking about--if the above was to me, your disconnect from coherence is startling. I hold Paul in higher esteem than any of the other apostles. Using passages as arrows to shoot at someone else is method--poor method, but method all the same. Building the complex of multiple points necessary to build epistemological warrant for a belief is methodology. If you took the time to learn what methodology I use you wouldn't make such off the wall statements.

This comment is amazing in light of the fact that even a casual reading of the gospels show that AMR's position--no new ground is to be had in theology, we are to adhere to tradition--is one of the most common postures adopted by the Jewish religious leaders against the upstart Jesus. They refused to judge Him according to honest criteria for truth, but instead judged Him by their own traditions as though these were truth itself as per Mat 15:1-6.

Another "Moron" has spoken.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I really feel bad for ya Dialm4moron. I realize you have a difficult time discussing intelligent issues of importance. It must be a burden for you? Nah, I'm just kidding ya, I don't feel bad for ya. :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You see folks, Dialm4moron has utter disdain for older folks on TOL. He loves to indulge himself with nasty remarks about them. His IQ equals his shoe size. :rotfl:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Well Shiver me timbers!

Well Shiver me timbers!

I can just feel the wonderful love of Jesus in this place, praise God!

Ah, I know....the love and grace just oozes from the pores here,...isn't it so heart moving, edifying and inspiring? :)

As you know Boci,.....this thread is pure 'satire',.....and against any 'heresy' (the freedom to choose to think for oneself). Beyond any 'orthodoxy' and church-history, its 'spin' ;)

I don't know, I think there's a conspiracy theory afloat....calling itself 'Satan Inc.' :think:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Modern day heretic hunters......

Modern day heretic hunters......

It is not our job as Christians to go around performing witch hunts and inquisitions; let all who claim to believe come together.

Matthew 13:24-30 Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven [m]may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed [n]tares among the wheat, and went away. 26 But when the [o]wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also. 27 The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? [p]How then does it have tares?’ 28 And he said to them, ‘An [q]enemy has done this!’ The slaves *said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he *said, ‘No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”​

Psalm 135:14
For the Lord will judge His people And will have compassion on His servants.

Romans 14:4
Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

You all haste to judgement to your own detriments. Do not judge lest you be judged, for by the measure that you judge so shall you be measured. If you judge others and cast them out for not having perfect understanding of doctrine, then you best be sure that you have perfect understanding before God.

Aumen :)

But do note what group of people (under the banner of 'organized religion') did go on 'witch hunts' and 'inquisitions' doing atrocities in the "name of the Lord". They did so in the name of 'Christianity'....or their version of 'religious duty' to 'God' and the 'Bible'. Scary stuff....but that's history.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Consider what is 'reality'. Also consider 'infinity'

Consider what is 'reality'. Also consider 'infinity'

Agreed. Free light is "ever learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth". It is sad to watch a person "oppose themselves" to such a degree and toss aside the Word God gave Us to live by.

I love you too Choleric :)

Reality is what actually exists, what IS. This (here/now) is reality, it is ever-present, all-pervading, all-encompassing. It includes the whole of life, existence and consciousness,....all of infinity. All That IS, and all that ever will be, actual and potential.

Now as far as what religious truth, concepts, beliefs or ideals you hold, that is 'relative' and certainly 'debatable' ;)

Since 'God' is omnipresent, He/She is not limited to any religious definition or culture, not even by anyone's imagination! Since Deity is INFINITE. Consider what is infinite. It is impossible for the finite to hold, mold or define infinity.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Right Divider,...be careful you dont get too 'dogmatic'........

Right Divider,...be careful you dont get too 'dogmatic'........

Yes, you are very prideful of your wonderful breadth of "knowledge". But it's just vain human imagination that fills your head.

Hi :)

I don't think so. Btw,...'imagination' is something 'God' gave us to use. Its an important faculty.

When did I (or anyone for that matter) make the claim that we can "prove ALL the stories in the bible"?

Quit with the childish rhetoric.

My point stands, and I didn't claim you could prove "all the stories in the bible", but thanks for your admittance that you cant ;)

And yet you seem to think that they are all correct somehow. Even though they make contradictory claims about the nature of reality.

Your "knowledge" of this "knowledge" is just pure man-made vanity.

Reality is universal in its total embrace, since Reality includes 'All'.....All that is...and all that is not.

I would make the claim that neither I nor anyone needs to read or know everything that you believe to see that your view is full of vanity.

I think you miss the mark here. I kinda agree with writer of Ecclesiastes that 'all is vanity'(meaningless), so that would include 'everything'....even our beliefs, unless our beliefs somehow concur with reality. Otherwise, my commentary, articles and creative writing ventures speak for themselves,...its called 'creative dialogue'. Do give it a try :angel:

Well good for you. If you try to combine 99 false accounts with one true account, where do you think that leaves you?

The thing is, if you want to learn as much as you can about a person or subject, you consider every account that exists, investigate all records and claims. You must in order to come to a reasonable and comprehensive conclusion or estimation,...its using your intelligence.

What is truth? You just pick what you like.

We would have to address the pertinent question of 'what is truth' in another thread. I touched on it earlier, considering 'reality' as 'all-inclusive'.

Yes, I know. I was just poking some fun. Since you pick a little here and a little there, I thought that you should go ahead toss a little LRH into your salad and mix it up.

Thats fine,.....LRH is an interesting personality. Now the Church of Scientology is an interesting entity as well, but that's another subject. I'm glad we've been reminded that the Urantia Book (UB) has nothing to do with Scientology, neither UFO's for that matter. I'll continue to correct ignorance where I see it, and stay open to see if my views ever need correcting, modificiation or change.

We don't need to have "all the words Jesus ever spoke or accounts of all the wonderful things he did". We have what God gave us and that's all that we need.

What you have is what was 'canonized' by certain persons and church councils, more or less. It still stands that you don't know if those accounts are wholly accurate or replete. This doesn't discount any truth that may be in any records, it just recognizes that what we have in the NT may be incomplete. Now an 'assumption' that "we have all we need" is just that, an 'assumption'. There could be more.

Well I guess that we'll just have to wing it.

You know, its not such a bad thing to "wing it". Set your wings to the wind of the Spirit. Remember,...you don't know where the Spirit blows, or whither it comes from,...but you see the effects thereby. I think Jesus said something to that effect ;) So, by all means.....wing it! :p

Lon

Wow, you really hate old people! :noway:

Last edited: