Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

journey

Freelight,

I don't need or want your advice on the urantia UFO cult and its materials, so no thanks. You're peddling poison as far as I'm concerned. I won't be reading the materials, including the links in your signature. I will continue to warn others.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
angel wings.....

angel wings.....

The answer is simple, angels have wings to differentiate them from the immortal saints who are greater than they. (Hebrews 2:5)

Hi Jamie,

The UB describes what might be mistaken for 'wings' by people who have seen certain kinds of angels, but these are energy-insulator/friction shields. See here.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Freelight,

I don't need or want your advice on the urantia UFO cult and its materials, so no thanks. You're peddling poison as far as I'm concerned. I won't be reading the materials, including the links in your signature. I will continue to warn others.

You do what u feel u need to do :carryon:

Goddess Bless :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The UB describes what might be mistaken for 'wings' by people who have seen certain kinds of angels, but these are energy-insulator/friction shields.

Christ has seen angels and he said, "And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another, the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat." (Exodus 25:20)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Christ has seen angels and he said, "And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another, the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat." (Exodus 25:20)

Human prose based on olden sightings of real Angels.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Angels are non-physical spirit beings and have no need of energy-insulator/friction shields.

All is made up of energy, consciousness, matter, form...it just exists at different vibratory rates and frequencies. The UB describes a condition that is inbetween the physical and pure spiritual, called the 'morontial'. So you see, there are different dimensional qualities of spirit and matter, some visible, some invisible. Don't forget angels have 'form'. - if you read the UB account of this you might understand it better which is why the link was provided. Certainly a kind of 'energy-insulator' or 'friction shield' can exist within a metaphysical dimension beyond the physical. The UB explains that it was probably these kind of transport-seraphim that some humans saw, and mistook these 'shields' as 'wings', so then angels became commonly depicted as having 'wings'. In any case, if these 'wing-like' shields do serve as 'energy-insulators/friction buffers' of some kind, that is a feasible explanation.

Don't forget Ezekiel saw even more unusual sights of wheels within wheels, various wing-like forms, eyes, unique movements of these images,....again, these beings, angels, transports (UFOs?), call them what you will....have FORM. Are we following? - Even spiritual dimensions have some relation to space-time, inter-relating with energy-matter, albieit in different densities.

Furthermore, the idea of angels having wings in order to 'fly' thru the air, is another carnal concept, assuming an angel NEEDS 'wings' of some kind. We come back to the UB explanation of 'energy-insulator/friction shields', - its a possible explanation, at least applied to some cases where they are engaged in transport.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If they are spiritual beings they should not have body like us. So if they don't have body there should not be wings either.

God and Jesus are spiritual beings and no one can see them.

what do you do with this dilemma?

something is awfully wrong.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I think you are just winging it.

:think:

Call it what you like, I'm using the faculties provided to consider every possibility and probability concerning the subject at hand. An honest investigation into any subject requires that much.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If they are spiritual beings they should not have body like us. So if they don't have body there should not be wings either.

Paul explained in 1 Corinthians 15:44 that there are two types of bodies. There are physical bodies and there are spiritual bodies.
Our physical body will be changed to a spiritual body like Jesus and our Father. (Romans 8:23)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Call it what you like, I'm using the faculties provided to consider every possibility and probability concerning the subject at hand. An honest investigation into any subject requires that much.

"The universes: The galaxies are sprinkled with inhabited planets, many harboring civilizations billions of years old. The perfect central universe and the evolutionary universes such as our own all circle Paradise, the dwelling place of the eternal God at the center of all things."
(Urantia Book)

The universe belongs to the saints.

You have put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. (Hebrews 2:8)​

This is what I believe.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Paul explained in 1 Corinthians 15:44 that there are two types of bodies. There are physical bodies and there are spiritual bodies.
Our physical body will be changed to a spiritual body like Jesus and our Father. (Romans 8:23)

Elect ones will be spirit like God and Jesus but most of us will not be spiritual being.

It seems clear to me that those elect are super faithful ones that killed because of Jesus' name sake.

Anyway, how about Angels? They seem to have wings. They are spiritual being according to the Bible, then why do they have wings? Arn't spiritual being invisible? Then why they have wings?

It does not make sense.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Anyway, how about Angels? They seem to have wings. They are spiritual being according to the Bible, then why do they have wings? Arn't spiritual being invisible? Then why they have wings?

Your post was answered in post #1441. Please look there.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your post was answered in post #1441. Please look there.

I still don't understand why there are different kinds of spiritual beings.

God and Jesus are spiritual being and elect will be spiritual being. So how do they differentiate them?

You certainly are not claiming God, Jesus and the elect are in the same hierarchy, are you?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You certainly are not claiming God, Jesus and the elect are in the same hierarchy, are you?

The Father, the Son and the Son's bride are a family.

And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely. (Revelation 22:17)​

The water of life is the holy spirit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Father, the Son and the Son's bride are a family.

And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely. (Revelation 22:17)​

The water of life is the holy spirit.

God is the head of everything, then Jesus, then elect then the rest of saved ones.