POSTERS YOU LIKE AND WHY?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because they are many ... and you do not see your name and you are reading this ... you are liked.

Lawyer Dagget.
Sheriff Delmar
Watchful Inzel
Wise Tambora
Stayed and steady bybee
Caring Nori
TOL staff and Knight
Sharp thinker Bright Raven
Scholarly AMR

This list could get long
Inzl Kett

IMJerusha

Tell the kids that encouragement and recognition of the good so many bring to one another is itself a good and in service to that sense of family that should exist within the body but is too often subsumed by difference and self righteous distinction.

:e4e:

Dude....they can read. :D (Just kidding....SORRY!!!!)

whitestone

I can appreciate that. However, what were you trying to convey
in that post in question?

you used the word "you" denoting me(whitestone),,,but,"they",42 members of a youth group carefully worded and ask me to make some of the post. The post about Appolos,Paul,Cephus ect. I was ask to place,,,"it was their reaction of what they saw going on".

Now tonight they will meet and discuss the thread and again will ask me to post/or not(I'm not sure who has your file,but it will be their decision),,,anyway though from what I see them discussing they seem to realize that most in a chat forum feel as though they are having a private conversation "among a few friends",,when in fact the whole world can read this very post. The just of it is "Paul never stuttered while he was in the act of preaching,and the world knows his sermons well",,,so in the same we should use our keyboards wisely for as time goes on the screen name G.M. will be also remembered by those seeking to explore Christianity,,,on a scale from 1-10,,,where we are seen fitting in the scale is up to us,,,,,,

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I like most of the posters on here, and even appreciate most of those i don't necessarily care for personally - the combination of all of them make for interesting thought provoking discussion.

Of those i really like though, there are too many of you to list them all - and to all, thank you for all great discussions, fellowship and fun!

Daniel1611

Most people here are likable even if we don't agree. I like Robert Pate because he makes good posts. I like Angel For Truth because she just says what she wants, and she's usually right. And Tetelestai because he's good to talk football with.

whitestone

I'll say it another way,maybe it's a good title for another thread(since you like starting them,lol),,,,

"If God the Father reached down and took his finger and anointed your forehead with oil,and gave you a worldwide platform to preach the Gospel,would you change?",,,

,,,That is,would you change the way you post?,would you change the respect you pay to others?,,would you let your screen-name fade away and start again with another?,,,,If God the Almighty gave you the voice to be heard by the entire earth on the www,,,would you need to start over,or are you the vision of your own self you daydream about when you are in secret with God? Is the person we are on the www the same one who we in secret promise God we would be if he,,,ect.ect.ect.,,,,

IMJerusha

you used the word "you" denoting me(whitestone),,,but,"they",42 members of a youth group carefully worded and ask me to make some of the post. The post about Appolos,Paul,Cephus ect. I was ask to place,,,"it was their reaction of what they saw going on".

Now tonight they will meet and discuss the thread and again will ask me to post/or not(I'm not sure who has your file,but it will be their decision),,,anyway though from what I see them discussing they seem to realize that most in a chat forum feel as though they are having a private conversation "among a few friends",,when in fact the whole world can read this very post. The just of it is "Paul never stuttered while he was in the act of preaching,and the world knows his sermons well",,,so in the same we should use our keyboards wisely for as time goes on the screen name G.M. will be also remembered by those seeking to explore Christianity,,,on a scale from 1-10,,,where we are seen fitting in the scale is up to us,,,,,,

Hopefully, while they are "chatting," they will understand that the fish bowl isn't just TOL or the internet? I do believe Town spoke to that.

whitestone

Hopefully, while they are "chatting," they will understand that the fish bowl isn't just TOL or the internet?

IMJ,,,at some point the devil will reach out and deceive the entire earth all at once,hence he will need the radio,t.v.,www,cell phones ect. to do so,,,,which is why they are in our hands at this time(age),,,

Also God knowing the devil would do this will also seek those who will do exploits when this knowledge(technology) is being implemented.,,,,lol all these inventions are not for mankind's convenience,rather they are the devils weapons. The devil cannot stand up on a world wide stage/platform and deliver his message unless he possesses the ability to speak to the whole earth at once.,,,,how as Christians should we use this worldwide voice,that is if we see it?

IMJerusha

IMJ,,,at some point the devil will reach out and deceive the entire earth all at once,hence he will need the radio,t.v.,www,cell phones ect. to do so,,,,which is why they are in our hands at this time(age),,,
Also God knowing the devil would do this will also seek those who will do exploits when this knowledge(technology) is being implemented.,,,,lol all these inventions are not for mankind's convenience,rather they are the devils weapons. The devil cannot stand up on a world wide stage/platform and deliver his message unless he possesses the ability to speak to the whole earth at once.,,,,how as Christians should we use this worldwide voice,that is if we see it?

HaSatan doesn't need technology to reach out and deceive. He did it quite well with a snake/serpent. Additionally, we have no idea if technology of any sort will be in place when Yeshua turns HaSatan loose. "At this time?" Exactly what time is this Whitestone since no one knows the hour or day of His coming? How many times has mankind thought the end was just around the corner? These inventions are tools and we can make them tools for God or tools for HaSatan. Intent is of the heart.
I'm wondering if you would be so kind as to show us in Scripture where God knows HaSatan will be using technology to implement his mass deception. I mean, it's a theory and one that bears scrutiny but for us to say for a certainty that this is what God "knows" is reaching to a place none of us has the right to go.

I view technology as a blessing and God given tool. Consider the Bible. Back in the day, it was quite the technological thing. Now consider how James, the King of England used that technology...or should I say abused it, killing anyone who possessed the 1611's predecessor. I'll bet folks thought those were the end times too. Intent is of the heart.

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some other posters that have come to my mind that I have enjoyed here on TOL.
Clete,
CRASH
Psalmist
Vegas Cowboy
IMJerusha
Rusha
Bybee
Glorydaz
TomO
Mr. Deets--Yes I am praying for him.
Delmer
ebenz47037
John W
Totton Linnet
Yorzhik
zoo22

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I like most of the posters on here, and even appreciate most of those i don't necessarily care for personally - the combination of all of them make for interesting thought provoking discussion.

Of those i really like though, there are too many of you to list them all - and to all, thank you for all great discussions, fellowship and fun!

:thumb:

This post expresses my point of view.

Thank you, A4T.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

These are my sentiments exactly...without all the voices here at TOL (excluding a few trolls) it would be pretty boring.

john w

Hall of Fame
Some other posters that have come to my mind that I have enjoyed here on TOL.
Clete,
CRASH
Psalmist
Vegas Cowboy
IMJerusha
Rusha
Bybee
Glorydaz
TomO
Mr. Deets--Yes I am praying for him.
Delmer
ebenz47037
John W
Totton Linnet
Yorzhik
zoo22

You are now my "7th favorite Inzl Kett"-keep up the fine work, "grasshopper!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll say it another way,maybe it's a good title for another thread(since you like starting them,lol),,,,

"If God the Father reached down and took his finger and anointed your forehead with oil,and gave you a worldwide platform to preach the Gospel,would you change?",,,

,,,That is,would you change the way you post?,would you change the respect you pay to others?,,would you let your screen-name fade away and start again with another?,,,,If God the Almighty gave you the voice to be heard by the entire earth on the www,,,would you need to start over,or are you the vision of your own self you daydream about when you are in secret with God? Is the person we are on the www the same one who we in secret promise God we would be if he,,,ect.ect.ect.,,,,

When it comes to preaching about "Paul's Gospel" I'm totally
focused and serious. Being as truthful and careful to post words
that, point to the "Dispensation of Grace." That's the time we're
living in today. I encourage posters to read and study the writings
of the Apostle Paul, for it is he who was given the "Grace Message"
by the "Risen Christ."

When it comes to posters who either, reject the truth of
Paul's Message or assume the position of mockery and attack
the "Grace Message" I passionately defend the Message and
am willing to go to battle for it! I like to call it, "Verbal fisticuffs!"

When it comes to being witty, sarcastic, and hyperboles,
those are part of my personality, and who I am. We're all multi-
faceted human beings. We have different aspects of our self that,
not everyone sees! We pick and choose how we act, the words
we use and how we come across to various people we come in
contact with, during the course of our life.

When it comes to how we respond on the Internet as
opposed to real life situations. There's a tendency to show off
some "Bravado" on the "Net" because, we have a "wall of
anonymity." Would we call somebody a moron, idiot, ignorant,
stupid, etc, in a real life situation; probably not. Why? because
it would most likely end in some kind of, 'physical altercation?'

When it comes to being ourselves on the forum, I believe
our true personality is exposed to a certain extent. Some of what
we say and how we respond and react to others is, playing a part
in a small "Human drama." Shakespeare said it best; "Life's but a
walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon
the stage, and then is heard no more."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Okay, even though none of you (((geniuses)))) included Letsargue and even though I've noted my friends list, there are a few who, over the years, have distinguished themselves with a steadfastness that I've had to lean on more than once, even if they weren't aware of it. Maybe especially then. Psalmist is one of those. AMR another. Anna and AB as well. Bybee too. :) That's probably my top tier, week in and out, people who check in or punch my shoulder indirectly, letting me know I matter to them. But there are many, many others, from the relatively new Angel to the long standing zoo, who've given me a lot to be thankful for as well. Some of you can't stand each other but all of you have, for God knows what reason, been more than passingly and consistently kind to me.

Not always an easy thing to do or be. So many thanks to all my friends, unnamed or noted, from Lon to rex to Kat to Evo, elo, glory, Tam, breathe, buzz, Cab, Delmar, glory, granite, heir, IMJ, IK, Deets, some guy who owns the joint, naz, quip, rocket, STP, sela, SoK, Barb, TM, TomO, Tott, Uber, Vegas, WoZ, Yor and Frank and everyone I still managed to miss trying to think this through alphabetically....God keep you if He has you and find you if you're hiding. :)

And Letsargue, of course. :eek:

We'll give Letsargue an "honorable mention!"

Truster

I like b57 because every time I read his nonsense it sends me to the scriptures to confirm my conviction he is a heretic. It doesn't make me feel smug or even happy, but it does make me feel incredibly safe.